Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2300680 times)

Offline Belfong

Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #4050 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 23:20:19 »
clacks on the way! should be here on wednesday, hopefully on tuesday...
wow!
 :thumb:

Offline BulletKandy

« Reply #4051 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 07:52:40 »
Got my first mechanical keyboard on the way got a great deal on a Pure Pro Mx Blues with green led's and a set of purple ducky shine caps!

Can't wait!

Offline Warv3n

« Reply #4052 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 08:06:46 »
My first set of WASD keycaps and a set of soft-landing pads !

Can't wait to get it all so I can complete my Keycool 87 (my new work keyboard !)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #4053 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 08:07:44 »
LOTS OF GOOD STUFF!
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4054 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 08:37:54 »
Got my first mechanical keyboard on the way got a great deal on a Pure Pro Mx Blues with green led's and a set of purple ducky shine caps!

Can't wait!

Nice! Welcome to mechanical keyboard ownership :)

I assume you are aware that the modifiers and spacebar of the Ducky keycap set won't fit the Pure Pro. Are you going to use them mainly for the alpha keys (purple surrounded by black) or will you replace the numbers, too? Should look good either way :)
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #4055 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 08:39:43 »
Just bought a fairly cheap Raptor K1 Gaming in ISO layout.
Looking forward to putting my SkiData set on something a bit more usable. :D
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4056 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 08:59:35 »
A pair of Grado SR-60i
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline mauri

« Reply #4057 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 09:10:31 »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline BulletKandy

« Reply #4058 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 09:18:01 »

Can't wait!

Nice! Welcome to mechanical keyboard ownership :)

I assume you are aware that the modifiers and spacebar of the Ducky keycap set won't fit the Pure Pro. Are you going to use them mainly for the alpha keys (purple surrounded by black) or will you replace the numbers, too? Should look good either way :)

Thanks bud! Yea I'm aware they were a bargain so I'm going to be just using the alpha keys, have not decided on the numbers yet will have to have a few tests may even do some weird chequerboard thing.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #4059 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 09:52:57 »
Waiting for my CM Storm Stealth. Which I got cheap from Massdrop.. w00t w00t

Offline ShriekBob

« Reply #4060 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:25:21 »
Currently waiting on my Ergodox, and my Penumbra set to go on it.  I am so excite :D

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4061 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 10:30:57 »
Waiting for my CM Storm Stealth. Which I got cheap from Massdrop.. w00t w00t
Me too. Now just to get rid of those MX browns
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #4062 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 12:00:09 »
Mionix Sargas 900 and a really cheap mouse bungee (that will probably suck but whatever).

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4063 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 16:53:33 »
My HHKB Pro 2 arrived today, typing on it right now. Them topres..
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4064 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 16:55:36 »
Currently just waiting on a Bird Electron wrist rest that I'll be using with my Race until I get my HHKB (and I'll continue using it on my Race until I 55g and silent mod and lube the sliders on the HHKB I get)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Brutus

« Reply #4065 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 16:59:24 »
My first MX keyboard is in the mail - MX Brown Ducky Shine 3, red lighting.
Should be here in 4-5 days from PCHome.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #4066 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 17:02:03 »

Good choice!  Which switches did you opt for?

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4067 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 17:02:20 »
A free Crumpler laptop bag... too bad I use backpacks only.

...and yet another CM Storm Xornet. There are like four of them at my place, although I use trackballs or Roccat mice most of the time.

Offline Brutus

« Reply #4068 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 17:10:07 »

Like I said, MX brown. I've only actually tested reds so far, but from weighing the descriptions of the various types, I concluded that tactile but quieter than blues would be good for my home use.

And yes, it's the full keyboard - force of habit. I did notice people around here tend to prefer tenkeyless or smaller.

Maybe tenkeyless for the next one...

Offline uns211

« Reply #4069 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 17:48:05 »
I'm waiting for Costar stabilizer inserts. I accidentally broke one on my right shift when I was lubing the stabilizers.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #4070 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 17:52:30 »

Like I said, MX brown. I've only actually tested reds so far, but from weighing the descriptions of the various types, I concluded that tactile but quieter than blues would be good for my home use.

And yes, it's the full keyboard - force of habit. I did notice people around here tend to prefer tenkeyless or smaller.

Maybe tenkeyless for the next one...

And I completely spaced on the description... sorry!  I went with MX Browns for my first mechanical keyboard, I think you'll enjoy it.  Ducky makes lovely keyboards, too.  Solid, stable, and with the Shine line there are all sorts of lighting effects.   :thumb:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4071 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 17:02:40 »
A set of grey Imsto thick PBT caps with blue legends.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #4072 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 17:06:06 »

Enjoy dem feels and pretty looks, bro :thumb:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4073 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 17:11:23 »

Thanks. I'm going to mix them with this other Imsto set I have that has the wrong color full touch caps lock key  ;D
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #4074 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 17:14:53 »

Thanks. I'm going to mix them with this other Imsto set I have that has the wrong color full touch caps lock key  ;D

I'll look forward to those pics!!!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4075 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 18:10:27 »
Anybody experience with ordering from MechanicalKeyboards? Recently ordered PBTs but they take so loooong. I got my HHKB from Japan already (living in the EU) :p
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #4076 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 18:15:48 »
Anybody experience with ordering from MechanicalKeyboards? Recently ordered PBTs but they take so loooong. I got my HHKB from Japan already (living in the EU) :p

I believe they recently announced that they weren't sending out orders for a day or two because of the storms. They sent home the workers because of safety issues. If your order was shipped out before that though, not sure how international orders are handled. Domestic-wise, they're pretty awesome about it.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #4077 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 18:40:17 »
My Macross set from SP finally cleared customs! Took them 19 bloody days. >:( (Customs, mind you, not SP)
Also got a Raptor K1 Gaming on the way. I have a little project in mind.

Also some G81-8000 WoB Doubleshots.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 April 2014, 18:44:45 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4078 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 18:43:13 »

I believe they recently announced that they weren't sending out orders for a day or two because of the storms. They sent home the workers because of safety issues. If your order was shipped out before that though, not sure how international orders are handled. Domestic-wise, they're pretty awesome about it.

Yeah,  everything I have ever ordered from them has gotten to me within 2 to 4 days.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4079 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 19:31:45 »
Traded my Pure Pro for a DS3 with blacks and pink backlight. I'm excited :D

Probably put the Nathan set on it, and then put Cyrillic on my camo.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4080 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 22:54:02 »
Drunken Skull confirmed in the post :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #4081 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 23:18:50 »
Nice Rowdy,  now hopefully aus post messes up and diberts it my way ;)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4082 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 23:21:57 »
There should be an Ice MX BB from Glissant in the mail for me as of yesterday morning, but I haven't received a tracking number yet.  I'm anxiously awaiting it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4083 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 23:48:14 »

Thanks!

I've had a couple of things go missing in and out, I sincerely hope this one arrives safely!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #4084 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 23:52:17 »

Thanks!

I've had a couple of things go missing in and out, I sincerely hope this one arrives safely!

Same, would hate to see that go missing,  my favorite clack! You get mx or topre

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #4085 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 00:12:19 »
CST LaserTRAC Trackball is supposedly on it's way, now i just hope I don't have to pay customs.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4086 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 02:34:22 »

Thanks!

Same, would hate to see that go missing,  my favorite clack! You get mx or topre

Topre AFAICR.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #4087 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 06:43:27 »
some bros

some more bros

some clacks

some kbks

some keyboards

some carrying cases

some more stuff I'm probably forgetting

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4088 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 06:45:18 »
My gosh riot! That's a lot of stuff!!!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #4089 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 06:45:55 »

I might've gone overboard a bit.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4090 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 07:01:02 »

Offline fabioruxo

• Pinsapp
« Reply #4091 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 09:46:57 »
So I got my Realforce 87u today. Yay! I'm somehow (think it's normal) not impressed... no love at first sight yet but I hear that's normal. Please topre users tell me it will be growing on me :-)
IBM Model M
WASD v1 w/cherry browns
Topre Realforce 87u EK edition all 45gr

Offline mougrim

« Reply #4092 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 09:48:56 »
It's just another good board :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #4093 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 09:51:12 »
So I got my Realforce 87u today. Yay! I'm somehow (think it's normal) not impressed... no love at first sight yet but I hear that's normal. Please topre users tell me it will be growing on me :-)

I instantly fell in love with mine, but I do know for a fact that many people needs a week or two to properly adjust to Topre.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4094 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 09:56:05 »
RF - it's boring.
Seriously. Not at all attractive.

You feel that you have wasted $200!

$200!!!

But then you start using it...

You feel the oneness. The embrace with cup rubber.

And you just want to throw more money at Topre Corp.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #4095 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 09:58:36 »
...where are my cask of holy water?.. It seems we're in need of purification of this thread already :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #4096 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:08:14 »
RF - it's boring.
Seriously. Not at all attractive.

You feel that you have wasted $200!

$200!!!

But then you start using it...

You feel the oneness. The embrace with cup rubber.

And you just want to throw more money at Topre Corp.

More like $400 for me. :P From www.keyboardco.com + shipping + VAT + customs fee...

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4097 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:12:33 »
Cherry mx grey for my quickfire xt at work. MX brown was too light for me.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4098 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:20:21 »
Cherry mx grey for my quickfire xt at work. MX brown was too light for me.

I've got an XT with tractile grays! Excited to hear your thoughts on the combo.

Offline fabioruxo

• Pinsapp
« Reply #4099 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:26:10 »
Ok ok... I'm probably too used to something else like cherry browns on a WASD v1 and buckling spring with floss mod... but if I start liking the RF enough in a week or so I think I'll be selling the wasd. In that case it will just be the RF and an IBM model M (two completely different beasts).
IBM Model M
WASD v1 w/cherry browns
Topre Realforce 87u EK edition all 45gr