Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2300853 times)

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #4100 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:30:18 »
So I got my Realforce 87u today. Yay! I'm somehow (think it's normal) not impressed... no love at first sight yet but I hear that's normal. Please topre users tell me it will be growing on me :-)

It is growing on you. :p
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4101 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:32:14 »
Cherry mx grey for my quickfire xt at work. MX brown was too light for me.

I've got an XT with tractile grays! Excited to hear your thoughts on the combo.

Nice! I will post my thoughts about the combo. What is your thoughts on the combo?
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4102 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:35:30 »

Nice! I will post my thoughts about the combo. What is your thoughts on the combo?

Tactile grays are a lot stiffer than clears and mine seem to ping a lot, I call it a 'springy' sound. I used it for a day or so and it wasn't at all bad, but I don't know that I could use it long term, although the more I used it the more I liked it.

I think it would make a great board for switching back and forth with my board with clears I'm just too lazy to swap. AND I just don't care for that full sized connector on the XT.

Offline fabioruxo

• Pinsapp
« Reply #4103 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:38:34 »
So I got my Realforce 87u today. Yay! I'm somehow (think it's normal) not impressed... no love at first sight yet but I hear that's normal. Please topre users tell me it will be growing on me :-)

It is growing on you. :p

I'm somehow sure it is... I think these topre guys applied some keyboard voodoo to make your fingers fall in love with it. For now it's wait and see for me. I'll let you know the exact moment I realise that the "conversion" is at work :-)
IBM Model M
WASD v1 w/cherry browns
Topre Realforce 87u EK edition all 45gr

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4104 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:50:28 »

Nice! I will post my thoughts about the combo. What is your thoughts on the combo?k

Tactile grays are a lot stiffer than clears and mine seem to ping a lot, I call it a 'springy' sound. I used it for a day or so and it wasn't at all bad, but I don't know that I could use it long term, although the more I used it the more I liked it.

I think it would make a great board for switching back and forth with my board with clears I'm just too lazy to swap. AND I just don't care for that full sized connector on the XT.

Thanks for sharing! Would you say it is louder than the MX browns?
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4105 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:53:30 »

Nice! I will post my thoughts about the combo. What is your thoughts on the combo?k

I would say it all depends on how you type, the keycaps, case, etc....browns are only loud if you bottom out, the sound that comes from these is much different and comes from the switches.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4106 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 10:58:36 »

I would say it all depends on how you type, the keycaps, case, etc....browns are only loud if you bottom out, the sound that comes from these is much different and comes from the switches.

So you're saying that in the xt the sound different but not louder? I am asking because this is my keyboard at work and I do not want to disturb my colleagues.

The LAN table!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4107 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 11:01:37 »

So you're saying that in the xt the sound different but not louder? I am asking because this is my keyboard at work and I do not want to disturb my colleagues.

I'd say it all depends on your typing style but if you don't bother them now I don't see it being an issue!

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4108 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 11:08:24 »

I'd say it all depends on your typing style but if you don't bother them now I don't see it being an issue!

Good. That was what I hoped. Of course if I hammer my keyboard its going to make more sound :)

The LAN table!

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #4109 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 12:02:48 »
RF - it's boring.
Seriously. Not at all attractive.

You feel that you have wasted $200!

$200!!!

But then you start using it...

You feel the oneness. The embrace with cup rubber.

And you just want to throw more money at Topre Corp.

More like $400 for me. :P From www.keyboardco.com + shipping + VAT + customs fee...
Yup same here, paid $400 for it. Still worth it though. There should be an hhkb title about this.

Offline 1391406

122-Key IBM Model F (6110347)
« Reply #4110 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 12:56:46 »
My most recent acquisition is on its way:

« Last Edit: Wed, 30 April 2014, 12:58:25 by 1391406 »
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4111 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 13:00:05 »
Halverson is coming to visit me this weekend. Does that count as having a shark in the mail?

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #4112 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 13:12:29 »
Halverson is coming to visit me this weekend. Does that count as having a shark in the mail?

Make sure to get a slice of shark steak,

I got 2 Zombro's in the mail one from Mr. Bro himself, and another purchased from classifieds.
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4113 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 03:23:45 »
Time to buy some boxers, then you can expect some boxers in the mail. Take photos, mmkay?

Offline YummyTreeSap

« Reply #4114 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 04:42:55 »
Some blank white PBT keycaps, and also a Poker II.  I actually bought an entire other keyboard while my first one was in the mail.  I hate you guys. :)

(I'm actually unsure whether or not either are even in the mail yet, but hey!)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4115 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 05:48:23 »

Only if he posted himself in a padded box.  Envelope doesn't count :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #4116 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 15:07:19 »
2x black Topre replacement spacebars from Elitekeyboards
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4117 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 15:15:32 »

2100HDF should be in the mail within a few days..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4118 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 15:18:30 »
Time to buy some boxers, then you can expect some boxers in the mail. Take photos, mmkay?

What does Halverson have to do with boxers? And that's kinda VesperBro's thing...boxer pics, I can't just blow up his spot and steal his style like that. That'd be rude.

Only if he posted himself in a padded box.  Envelope doesn't count :p

Well I mean he is the GirlShark, he probably shipped himself in a nice tank or something.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4119 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 02:51:46 »

What does Halverson have to do with boxers? And that's kinda VesperBro's thing...boxer pics, I can't just blow up his spot and steal his style like that. That'd be rude.

But you are already trying, with your purple avatar, albeit very subtly! :thumb:

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #4120 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 08:16:38 »
My First Taste of Buckling Spring...

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #4121 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 08:20:02 »
My Raptor K1 Gaming is in the mail as well as a Philips HUE starter kit and an industrial hanging light.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #4122 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 08:29:19 »
A CMStorm switch tester (to mod) and a whole box of stuff from SP.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4123 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 08:43:16 »

Hasu also has a thread up here about an alternative HHKB controller.

I'm well aware. There are a few messages from me on the last page :)

The PCB prototypes aren't produced very often and there are lots of other people "on the list" who also want one. Producing one myself is possible but the SMD scares me. Using a teensy is cheap and easy to build externally before connecting it.

I wonder if the same is possible for a 660c?

Got one of those (Dye sub) comin on Monday.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Re: 122-Key IBM Model F (6110347)
« Reply #4124 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 09:40:08 »

What's the button in the middle of the arrow keys for?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #4125 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 09:53:48 »

self-destruction

Offline feizor

« Reply #4126 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 10:40:21 »
Got a poker 2 coming in the mail!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4127 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 10:44:08 »

self-destruction

Now I want one :p

Offline mougrim

« Reply #4128 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 11:44:54 »
Got a poker 2 coming in the mail!
Another happy owner (in future) :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #4129 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:20:04 »
My damn Drossel figurine.
Tracking says delivery is expected to be today, but the package is still in Fukuoka, Japan.

Something tells me I won't have a package at my door when I get off work tonight...
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4130 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:25:40 »
I have some brobots on the way! Can't wait for them to get here on Monday.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4131 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 15:05:18 »
DE dyesubs :cool:

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #4132 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 15:06:00 »
github

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #4133 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 15:06:27 »
Little Samson for NES :)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4134 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 15:14:05 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4135 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 15:30:53 »
Ordered a cable from Pexon. 6 foot filco cable in Galaxy.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4136 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 12:59:22 »
Got my new Ducky PBT Keycaps for my Filco Majestouch 2 TKL :D Will post a review later..

All pics: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjXM9Au9

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4137 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 19:45:30 »
Some Infinity RS-125s  :D
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline blithen

« Reply #4138 on: Sat, 03 May 2014, 22:03:12 »
Ended up sending my Noppoo Choc Mini back and getting a Tex Beetle! And now the wait begins....
-rocks back and forth in the fetal position-

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #4139 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 05:16:01 »
waiting on white/grey pbt blanks from imsto and a revB gh60 that will be modded to ergo clears.

also waiting on a JD40 and have ordered round5 honey/forty cap set. i'm sure i'll have the JD40 long before the round5 stuff though it does seem orders closed much earlier than last time.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #4140 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 13:30:02 »
Something incredibly special that I thought I'd never be able to get.
Hint :

github

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4141 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 13:32:24 »
Hint :

Show Image

A calculator! Nice!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #4142 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 13:34:14 »
Hint :

Show Image

:blank:

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #4143 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 13:36:53 »
github

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #4144 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 13:38:25 »
Kmac 2, Dolch set, Orange LEDs, Krytox Lube, 62g springs, pink stickers, stabilizers, dark grey windowed f row and 100 cherry MX clears. SO EXCITED!!!  :p

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4145 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 14:30:15 »
After some fuss with the mail delivery, I found yet another CM Storm Xornet this weekend and a free 13" Crumpler laptop bag that would be perfect for a 75% board and a mouse, if I used bags.

Another German AEKII probably with Cream Alps, Chicony KB-5182 (no idea about switches) and some Preh Commander keyboard should be coming soon. I'd like to pick up yet another bunch of keyboards next week.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #4146 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 14:40:06 »
I'm in the mail.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #4147 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 14:40:45 »
I'm in the mail.

You knew my birthday was coming up?!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #4148 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 14:42:04 »
I'm in the mail.

You knew my birthday was coming up?!

Better get ready for a big sweaty box then :))

Offline Sagii

• Time to bust some nails
« Reply #4149 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 15:52:50 »
A Ducky Shine 2 Brown green LEDs and a Keycool 84 all white is finally in the mail :D