Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2300843 times)

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #4950 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 14:03:53 »
Just ordered a Pro Sampler Tester Kit from http://www.maxkeyboard.com/  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4951 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 17:05:56 »
Show Image

Haven't seen that tester before - nice.

They are also offering 15% off a Max keyboard if you buy one of these!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #4952 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 03:52:52 »
Show Image

Haven't seen that tester before - nice.

They are also offering 15% off a Max keyboard if you buy one of these!
Same here! Saw it yesterday and bought it right away ;)

Offline thesupergeek

« Reply #4953 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 10:44:13 »
I have two unreleased CoolerMaster keyboards in the mail. One is very very highly anticipated, and the other is very nice with some interesting keycaps... Can you guess which ones I got?
My collection:

GON HHKB (62g MX Clears), CM Storm Novatouch, Poker II (MX Blues)  ., HHKB 2 Pro ., Cherry G80 (MX Blacks), JD40 (In the mail as soon as Margo builds it!), Plank Keyboard (parts in the mail!)

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4954 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 10:55:04 »
I have two unreleased CoolerMaster keyboards in the mail. One is very very highly anticipated, and the other is very nice with some interesting keycaps... Can you guess which ones I got?

Novatouch, not sure about the other one.

Offline thesupergeek

« Reply #4955 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 11:04:34 »

Novatouch, not sure about the other one.

One out of two! I am very excited! The other is like the Quickfire Rapid I, but the snake is saying the second part with the I.
My collection:

GON HHKB (62g MX Clears), CM Storm Novatouch, Poker II (MX Blues)  ., HHKB 2 Pro ., Cherry G80 (MX Blacks), JD40 (In the mail as soon as Margo builds it!), Plank Keyboard (parts in the mail!)

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4956 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 12:51:17 »
rapid Ice? >_0

Offline thesupergeek

« Reply #4957 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 12:52:09 »
rapid Ice? >_0

Whatever. Close enough.
My collection:

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #4958 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 13:48:16 »
- Granite Set (now already cleared at the customs, horay)
- My second SSK! Let's see how long it takes to Europe. Hope not too long.

... ...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4959 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 16:09:53 »
Got my new blank white HHKB :D
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #4960 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 16:25:30 »

Show Image

nice! one can't have enough ssks :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4961 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 17:11:43 »

Show Image

nice! one can't have enough ssks :D

I'm still trying to get my first :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4962 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 19:36:37 »
I just bought the cards I need for my Omnath Elves EDH deck.
This is going to be my first EDH deck ever  :p
I was originally going to go for a Krenko deck, but everyone hates krenko and this deck is fun for everyone mostly because a bunch of my cards also benefit other players
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline TheAngleOfDeath

• Math puns are the first sine of madness
« Reply #4963 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 20:14:20 »
Just got a blank Leopold FC660C.

It's my first topre and I'm really excited to see what they feel like to type on.

I actually bought a couple of Gasmasks from a classified post in anticipation for my Leopold. They arrived before the keyboard though, so they're just sitting in my drawer until the Leopold gets here. Can't wait!!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4964 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 23:00:12 »
Just got a blank Leopold FC660C.

It's my first topre and I'm really excited to see what they feel like to type on.

I actually bought a couple of Gasmasks from a classified post in anticipation for my Leopold. They arrived before the keyboard though, so they're just sitting in my drawer until the Leopold gets here. Can't wait!!

Congrats! A blank FC660C was my first introduction to topre too, and you cannot go wrong with it! I love mine..

Offline Lingj

« Reply #4965 on: Tue, 22 July 2014, 23:39:36 »
nubbinator was generous enough to make me a Dolly. Can't wait for it to come  ;D ;D

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #4966 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 00:28:19 »
Strangers in Paradise Omnibus, Marvels hardcover, and Kingdom Come TPB.
Gettin' mah comic book on.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Lingj

« Reply #4967 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 01:21:43 »
Shipping notification on my Ergodox from MD!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4968 on: Wed, 23 July 2014, 09:55:44 »

nubbinator was generous enough to make me a Dolly. Can't wait for it to come  ;D ;D
Wow! That must be an honour. Jelly! I wish he would make another Liberty Dolly!

Offline bianco

« Reply #4969 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 10:08:21 »
 light saver v2 kit, extra pcbs and plates ;D

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #4970 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 10:13:59 »
A WASD CODE 87 with MX Clears (aka the Pingmaster 5000), complementing wrist rest and extra USB cable (to be used for something else) is on its way. As about the only truly Mac-friendly, backlit, MX Clear board on the market I didn't have many choices, and watching the ping demonstration video, the issue is not going to bug me too much. I also won't be using that keyboard for 8 hours a day like I do my MX Brown Filco MJ2.

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #4971 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 10:36:20 »
A WASD CODE 87 with MX Clears (aka the Pingmaster 5000), complementing wrist rest and extra USB cable (to be used for something else) is on its way. As about the only truly Mac-friendly, backlit, MX Clear board on the market I didn't have many choices, and watching the ping demonstration video, the issue is not going to bug me too much. I also won't be using that keyboard for 8 hours a day like I do my MX Brown Filco MJ2.

Congrats !

I tried to make quickly another video to illustrate this "ping issue" with my CODE but .... * thunder clap * there is too much background noise right now ... * thunder clap *  I really have to wait for the storm to pass...

Offline Hucifer

« Reply #4972 on: Thu, 24 July 2014, 13:05:54 »
As you can see in my sig I've got several bits and pieces on their way to me  :D It was only a couple of weeks ago that I was all "pfff, what would I need a second keyboard for?" and now here I am!

The plan is to take the plunge and do an ergo / panda clear mod on the KUL and clip the stabilisers. Then, provided I am not suffering from too many soldering injuries,  I might swap some 65g springs into my Filco.

Exciting times ahead!
              Waiting on / GMK LED Keycaps

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #4973 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 02:21:47 »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Daspartic

• IBM is love IBM is life
« Reply #4974 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:39:30 »
An IBM Model F 3104.. an XT switch keyboard with a solenoid.  How cool is that...
IBM Displaywriter (82 key) | IBM Model F 4704 (107 key) |  IBM Model F AT x3 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 3104 x2 | IBM 6112884 (Green Tee mount Alps) | Realforce 87u (55g) | IBM Model M 1390131 x2 | IBM Model M (1391401 '88) | Leopold FC500R (MX Browns) | Wang (725-5971) (Salmon Alps) | Acer 6011 (SKCM Blue Alps) | White Fox (65 g Zealios) | XMIT keyboard (Hall Effect)

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #4975 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:40:07 »

Show Image

ah... I still need my first SSK. Nice pick up sir!

Offline Kayla

• :3
« Reply #4976 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:41:17 »

..Wednesday, hopefully no delays.

Offline Lammie

« Reply #4977 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 15:25:02 »
That tester is really nice! Have to get one of those!
Just ordered a RF 55g Topre yesterday. Probably my last keyboard...
Topre Realforce 55g
Topre Leopold FC660C 45g
Matias Quiet Pro Mini
Cherry ML G84-4100LPAUS
Cherry MX Green QFTK
Model M Unicomp 103

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4978 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 19:59:37 »
That tester is really nice! Have to get one of those!
Just ordered a RF 55g Topre yesterday. Probably my last keyboard...

Famous last words :p

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4979 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 20:04:43 »
Fauxluminum brobot, techkeys card, and some pine-green topre caps! Should all be here this week.  :))

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #4980 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 23:25:49 »
Pre-ordered a 55g Realforce from EK, hopefully it's here in a couple weeks :).

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4981 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 19:49:28 »
Got a terminal keyboard with white Omrons off of eBay.  It appears to be a rebranded Omron SX9100 complete with Japanese (Katakana) sublegend.

I'm hoping it's dyesub, but I have my suspicions that it's pad printed.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #4982 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:02:19 »
Got a terminal keyboard with white Omrons off of eBay.  It appears to be a rebranded Omron SX9100 complete with Japanese (Katakana) sublegend.

Show Image

Such Yellow!
Very Loose!!
Wow!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4983 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:03:45 »

Show Image

Such Yellow!
Very Loose!!
Wow!

That yellow is what gives me dyesub PBT hope.  White caps, yellow case and spacebar.  Fingers crossed.

The loose instead of lose cracked me up too.

Offline TheMark

It's in the mail...
« Reply #4984 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:16:11 »
My first "enthusiast" board is on its way. KUL ES-87 (clear)

I'm breaking my "Cherry" (pun)
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 July 2014, 20:18:05 by TheMark »

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #4985 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 01:33:58 »
Got a set of panavise PCB holder arms due in on Friday.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4986 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 01:52:50 »

nice! How do you like them? I have a stanley maxsteel vice but I might need something with a bigger grip sometime.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4987 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 02:59:20 »

nice! How do you like them? I have a stanley maxsteel vice but I might need something with a bigger grip sometime.

To be honest I haven't used it for anything remotely heavy duty.  I posted a pic of my panavise in the "What did you today" thread recently with the base plate I made for it using a piece of 304 stainless that was 18" x 8" x 1/4".  I put the vise centered on the 18" dimension but then hugged one of the longer sides.  After I mounted the vise to the plate I clamped my 16.5" long 40 ounce hammer in it with the hammer going the wrong direction and it still sat flat on the table.  Granted I could move it pretty easy but I still have the stock plastic jaws and the hammer has a plastic coating on it. 

Personally I wouldn't by anything from Stanley except for their Fat Max tape measures.  Just because they have a track record for manufacturing stuff overseas and I work Union so I try and by US made whenever it is feasible.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #4988 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 03:20:57 »
A Freedom Hero.

Offline skuko

« Reply #4989 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 03:50:35 »

PBT goodness in the mail from imsto!  :thumb:

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #4990 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 05:16:37 »
A finished Duck Orion from Margon. :D
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline t2russo

« Reply #4991 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 00:15:54 »
Three GMK Escapes and three enters to pair with them in a variety of colors.  I've been lusting after a doubleshot enter for some color, had to bite and match my Cherry red escape.

Extras are to play dressup :P

Offline badloop

« Reply #4992 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 10:26:31 »
 :D :D :D :D :D
PBT FTW

Offline blackbox

« Reply #4993 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 10:37:02 »
Show Image

Awesome! where/from who did you order it?
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!

Offline badloop

PBT FTW

Offline blackbox

The LAN table!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #4996 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 12:26:41 »
Got a stainless plate in the mail heading to Noko for some custom work.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #4997 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:43:24 »
Show Image

That is superb. Might have to get one commissioned myself (not with your same design, obviously).

My CODE 87 is on its way back to WASD Keyboards due to pinging and a general dislike of clear switches. As I await for confirmation as to whether or not I'll be able to get a Ducky Shine 3 MX brown with white LEDs reasonably soon, I bit the bullet on a KUL ES-87 with browns. Bought it from Amazon, and since I have Prime, it will be here tomorrow.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #4998 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 15:56:59 »
Hellboy Library Edition Hardcovers Vol. 1-3
Next week it'll be The Complete Echo, Absolute All-Star Superman, and Hellboy Library Edition Hardcover Vol 4.

Gonna need a shelf.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #4999 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 16:56:59 »
A brand new Cherry G80-3700HAUS-0,  Acrylic TKL cover,  and  some GH stickers.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 August 2014, 06:27:33 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More