Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2300690 times)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #5550 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 23:11:59 »
A few things.

Sprit gold springs (dont remember how many sets or what weights), some shoes, and my Midnight set :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5551 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 08:06:25 »
A few things.

Sprit gold springs (dont remember how many sets or what weights), some shoes, and my Midnight set :D

It'll be a surprise!!   :))

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #5552 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 09:18:52 »
Just got paid for some extra freelance projects I worked on and decided to spend the money on an HHKB. I know I've said I don't like 60% layouts, but I'm willing to give this a shot at my regular day job. If it works, I'll be selling my 87U Silent. If not, I'll sell the HHKB here.

It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow, which is good because someone will be home to sign for the package.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #5553 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 10:21:22 »
Well, I ended up buying that HHKB Type-S so I guess now that will be on the way shortly (thanks again, comrade).  Though now I'm struck by more temptation as another thing I wanted, a poker with clears, is up on massdrop again.  But should  I bother since I have the HHKB coming?  Bah.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #5554 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 10:44:26 »
Have a couple Rhodia notebooks and a Clairefontaine on their way! YAY!

Offline Hordak

« Reply #5555 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:21:49 »
Well, just one week ago I got my first Topre board, a Realforce 87u 55g and now that I've tasted blood, my newly ordered HHKB Pro 2 Type-S has left tokyo airport just a few hours ago. Funny enough, I'm refusing to invest another 40 bugs in that red/blue escape/shift key ripoff they got going.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5556 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 13:27:33 »
Well, just one week ago I got my first Topre board, a Realforce 87u 55g and now that I've tasted blood, my newly ordered HHKB Pro 2 Type-S has left tokyo airport just a few hours ago. Funny enough, I'm refusing to invest another 40 bugs in that red/blue escape/shift key ripoff they got going.
Nice, I don't like those colored mods for the HHKB anyway. I think they look pretty tacky.

Interested to hear your opinions on the type s, I only have a realforce 87ub 55g right now as far as topre keyboards and I am not sure if I want another or not. I might look into it after I get a 360 corsa (If that ever happens lol)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5557 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 14:03:44 »
Waiting on a Forgotten Red T Clack.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #5558 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 14:13:27 »

I slightly prefer the sound of the Type-S to the standard HHKB. That being said, I don't dislike it enough to pay another $100+ for the Type-S, in addition to the fact that those particular boards can suffer whistling. Hopefully this issue has been sorted on current production runs, but I wasn't willing to take a $400 gamble to find out. Besides, I prefer the look of the charcoal HHKB over white anyway.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5559 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 23:59:24 »
Well, I ended up buying that HHKB Type-S so I guess now that will be on the way shortly (thanks again, comrade). 

You're gonna love it  :D

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5560 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 00:06:13 »
...my entire life.  well its not in the mail, but it is all in boxes.  moving into the new house on the weekend.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5561 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 00:11:11 »
...my entire life.  well its not in the mail, but it is all in boxes.  moving into the new house on the weekend.

Hope the move goes smoothly! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5562 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 00:13:29 »

Did you finish all of the reno's? I remember you posting some pics during the process.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5563 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 00:33:41 »

Hope the move goes smoothly! :)
Thx. My family appreciates the well wishes. Been pretty crazy to be honest.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5564 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 00:35:50 »

Did you finish all of the reno's? I remember you posting some pics during the process.
For the most part. All the major stuff that had to get done is done.  Everything is now painted and the floors are done, so we are looking good. I still have some finishing touches, but nothing that will stop us from moving in. :)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5565 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 00:51:26 »

For the most part. All the major stuff that had to get done is done.  Everything is now painted and the floors are done, so we are looking good. I still have some finishing touches, but nothing that will stop us from moving in. :)

Nice! Sounds like you have been busy!

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #5566 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 02:03:48 »
Haha the first sentence.

I just what? Your entire life in the mail? ;)

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #5567 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 02:39:19 »
Beginning to feel like one of the sets I'm waiting for has been sucked up by a giant Vortex (double shot backlit pbt)

while the other one is still being chiseled out of pure granite.... :(

Till I received the updates from Massdrop today I had totally forgotten about them   :confused: :eek: :mad:
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 October 2014, 04:16:23 by BlackWidowMan777 »

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #5568 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 07:54:51 »
Well, I ended up buying that HHKB Type-S so I guess now that will be on the way shortly (thanks again, comrade). 

You're gonna love it  :D

I hope so, though I don't love the fact I just saw he now has a printed version for sale.  Such is my luck.  :/

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #5569 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 11:12:08 »
Metallic Cherry Sticker, Metallic OG Sticker , Toxic Sticker and RainDrop Stickers from https://ctrlalt.io/store/categories/stickers  :thumb:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5570 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 11:15:13 »
Teensies for my Dolch and M0110
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #5571 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 13:50:54 »
My third novatouch will be here tmrw wheeeee

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5572 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 15:06:47 »
Why do you have three novatouch?  :confused:

Offline gcb

« Reply #5573 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 17:10:44 »
1Lbs solder spool.

sigh. one of my first threads here ended up with me dismissing a ergodox suggestions because I knew then i'd go crazy with DIY and what not...

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #5574 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 19:36:30 »

What, what, what???

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5575 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 19:56:53 »
Some CDs...

Nothing new has been happening with me lately :( I have a ton of keyboard projects I'm slowly trying to get back into though.. <3
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5576 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 21:47:00 »
Why do you have three novatouch?  :confused:

Yeah, this.  Why?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #5577 on: Thu, 23 October 2014, 22:45:13 »
Cuz I love CM so much of course ;)
Didn't you read my absolutely positive, glowing review.

I'm giving this one to a friend for her birthday next week

Also sweet metro vac has been shipped out :). No more compressed air!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 October 2014, 22:48:13 by the1onewolf »

Offline blackbox

« Reply #5578 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 08:18:27 »
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0

Offline corydora

« Reply #5579 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 08:43:26 »
WASD ISO set in orange on black, for a CM Storm QFTK. You would not believe the number of extra keys I had to buy to accomodate that weirdass bottom row :(

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #5580 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 09:04:33 »
Two of these:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/mkc-stainless-steel-keycap-puller

I'm getting one of those as well. My plastic-handled one still works, but I'm afraid one day the wire is going to come free. The stainless one shouldn't have that issue.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #5581 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 09:12:50 »
Two of these:

I'm getting one of those as well. My plastic-handled one still works, but I'm afraid one day the wire is going to come free. The stainless one shouldn't have that issue.

I have one from wasd. I do not fear that is going to get destroyed but its just nice to have one made of steel.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5582 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 10:50:04 »
Two of these:

I've haven't really seen that many plastic pullers lose the wire, but there have been plenty of instances of the MKC ones losing them

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Jixr

« Reply #5583 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 11:48:56 »
I have 3 different sets of keycaps ordered, an alum case, a pcb from a GB that should be shipping soon, and a dremel for keyboard case modding :P

Offline Motan22

« Reply #5584 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 13:10:15 »
I am picking my Duck Viper & Eagle up from the Parcelforce Depot tomorrow. Argh the excitement. Too bad I am completely unprepared to build them though!

Offline Vizir

« Reply #5585 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:53:43 »
my hhkb. it was supposed to be delivered today but from what the usps site is saying, it looks like it left San Francisco on Oct 21 and then vanished into thin air.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #5586 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:55:28 »
my hhkb. it was supposed to be delivered today but from what the usps site is saying, it looks like it left San Francisco on Oct 21 and then vanished into thin air.

Where did you order from?

Just got notification that the mat I ordered for my HHKB has shipped. Should have it Tuesday.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:57:00 by saturnotaku »

Offline Vizir

« Reply #5587 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:58:25 »
hcry4 sold me one of his hhkbs he had lying around.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5588 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 14:40:42 »
Dolch cardiac monitor, which is getting sent to Dorkvader first, then he's gonna hand it off to me at Keycon east. (It's the whole unit, not just the keyboard)

KBKs direct from the man himself (gold!!)

Stickers from Bunnylake
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #5589 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 18:22:35 »
Dolch cardiac monitor, which is getting sent to Dorkvader first, then he's gonna hand it off to me at Keycon east. (It's the whole unit, not just the keyboard)

Stickers from Bunnylake
lucky

lucky

lucky

hate you :p

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #5590 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 18:29:21 »

Oh dear I feel this. It says my Leopold key caps arrived at San Francisco on the 20th and no tracking has happened since then. I have no idea why the seller decided to send it as registered mail...  >:D

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5591 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 19:06:38 »

Stickers from Bunnylake
lucky

lucky

lucky

hate you :p

you're gonna see AT LEAST the dolch and the KBKs at keycon so chill
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #5592 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 01:33:47 »
Not keyboard related but  I pre-ordered my "new" 3DS today since they launch here on November 21  :thumb:

Never got the current 3DS so I'm really looking forward to some Pokemon X and Omega Ruby action!
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline Gunni

« Reply #5593 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 03:59:52 »
Waiting for my HHKB Pro 2 to arrive, and waiting for my Poker II w/ Clears to ship in December (Massdrop)!
CM Storm Quickfire TK w/ Browns HHKB Pro 2

Offline skuko

« Reply #5594 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 04:23:00 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281398041346

i hope i'm not expecting too much of topre, kinda hyped, but i never tried it before

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #5595 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 05:20:09 »
A sleeved cable from Pexon :)

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #5596 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 05:34:33 »

G80-11903HRMUS
I got boards.

Offline Hzza

« Reply #5597 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 05:41:34 »
Whey, someone grabbed something I posted :D.

Let me know if you want a proper ANSI left shift (with text+symbol), I'm sure I've got a spare one kicking around...might even be able to help with the right shift as well thinking about it...

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #5598 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 06:33:52 »
Whey, someone grabbed something I posted :D.

Let me know if you want a proper ANSI left shift (with text+symbol), I'm sure I've got a spare one kicking around...might even be able to help with the right shift as well thinking about it...

I've got some shifts with symbol and writing, admittedly the right is very shiny! Thanks though :)

I really want some WoB 1.5x control and alt, I have a few WoB sets but none with correct bottom row, either off centre stemmed 1.25's, or 1x.

In life I want a proper WoB bottom row, and an ANSI winkeyless beige set.
I got boards.

Offline blackbox

« Reply #5599 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 15:15:57 »
Show Image

G80-11903HRMUS

Nice! Where do you plan to use it(or is it just to have it in your collection)?

The LAN table!