Author Topic: Salmosa to Abyssus comments  (Read 38617 times)

Offline manfaux

Salmosa to Abyssus comments
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 26 October 2010, 23:54:13 »
Quote from: asfogh;238019
I wound up buying a Salmosa "asia pro gaming edition" off eBay. Cost me like $60. Got it and it's awesome -- similar shape as the salmosa in a smaller package and no on-mouse hz switch. I prefer it to the Salmosa (though I still love the regular salmosa). Then, farting around I noticed it on the Razer store and bought another one shipped from them directly for $30. Looking it up now, it says it's not available. Maybe it's seasonal or something. Anyway, smaller size makes it lighter, a little more manueverable in the vertical for me, and the smaller size also gives me a little more leverage on the buttons and thus more comfortable as well given the way I grip the mouse.

Still has the old squeek issue but, no big deal.

Re: braided cable -- why is it that of all the stupid **** they put in mice that's unnecessary, we can't get a high quality mouse with a replaceable, braided cable? The cable for my salmosa is tiny, flimsy, and long as ****. I'd love it if I could buy a length that fit my use and high quality cable at that...

wholeheartedly agreed there, the abyssus's cable is just as terrible.(good mouse otherwise)

They bothered putting useless LEDs everywhere on the mouse but not a decent cable for $1,

Offline hate

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 28 October 2010, 08:07:52 »

if you're having cord problems i feel bad for you son, i got 99 problems but cable lenght aint one
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 October 2010, 08:11:33 by hate »
cherry black | topre | 빈 수레가 요란하다

Offline CodeChef

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 30 October 2010, 20:22:15 »
If you're having cash problems, I feel bad for you, son. I've got 99 problems but useless impulse spending on hype products ain't one.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Offline Conditioned

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 10 February 2011, 08:26:49 »
Quote from: manfaux;235084
I play starcraft(bw and now sc2) a lot and I've had the salmosa ever since it came out, its prediction doesn't really bother me but I needed a higher DPI mouse so I ordered the abyssus about 1 month ago, despite the fact that people are complaining about how the aby jitters on cloth pads, most notably the Qck's.

well, I got a qck+  so I thought ,ok, if it's that bad i will just have to give up on the trusty qck and buy a new hard pad instead.

So my abyssus arrived,  shape feels good(quite similar to the salmosa in some way), coated surface is excellent, etc, over all I like it a lot, played a couple of games with it on my Qck didn't feel any skipping or jittering, so I pulled up the good old Paint and started drawing lines and circles.

the circles were smooth and  the lines were straight.... WHAT? that can't be true! its supposed to jitter all over the place on the qck i thought? So I grabbed my roommate's  razer exactmat and did the same test over and over again between the 2 pads, the results were identical throughout: the abyssus is fine on cloth pads, at least on my Qck+.

What gives?

Only the older models jitter ,the new ones apparently have new firmware that doesnt have jitter. Unfortunately you cant update the firmware on them.
Antec p183, I5@4.01 ghz, 6Gb Kingston Ram,1200w Corsair psu, Intel 80 gb ssd, 3TB Storage (Seagate), Asus Essence STX with AKG K701, Gigabyte 480 gtx, Dell 2048 WFP 24" + Benq xl2410t 120hz 23,6", Razer Deathadder 3g with Goliathus Control, Netgear Wnr 3500 running Tomato USB w/ 500 gb storage

Offline killy

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 11 February 2011, 00:05:50 »
I actually don't like braided cables, they make the mouse a lot stiffer than necessary and you can feel the drag if you're using a very light mouse.

Offline Jouninn

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 20:17:20 »
is it possible to frankenstein a Abyssus with a Salmaosa sensor?

Offline manfaux

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 18 February 2011, 21:01:13 »
Quote from: killy;293232
I actually don't like braided cables, they make the mouse a lot stiffer than necessary and you can feel the drag if you're using a very light mouse.

depends on how you do it.

The Xai for example, has basically just another layer of braided nylon on top of the normal rubber cord, whereas some mice like the G9x, which have an extra insert of metal wiring(don't ask me why) between those 2 layers, which makes it stiffer and heavier.