Author Topic: Hi I'm Frank. I've lurked for 4 years now time to post  (Read 3040 times)

Offline FrankCastleAZ

• FrankCastleAZ.com
Hi I'm Frank. I've lurked for 4 years now time to post
« on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 01:20:18 »
Hi all. I registered back in November of 2014 and lurked for the last 4 years and am just now getting around to posting.

I grew up and learned how to type on an IBM Model M when I was young and went through various crappy membrane gaming keyboards until 2014 when I got my first mechanical (Rosewill Apollo RK-9100 with Cherry MX Blues) and since has used or owned around 7 or 8 various ones mainly from major manufacturers. Nothing custom yet, but I'm sure I will someday since I'm a tech head and the MK rabbit hole is deep. Since I've gamed FPS games with arrow keys since Wolfenstein 3D (Pretty sure WASD wasn't introduced till Quake II), I can't do % stuff and I also use the numpad on the daily for various productivity reasons. So I'm basically all full size 104 all the time. I can appreciate TKL and lower % stuff, but it's not for me.

I've done a lot of modding/soldering with PCBs for video gaming controllers, steering wheels, and arcade sticks (I won Shoryuken's Tech Talk Modder of the Year in 2014) and recently I've done a bit of work with some keyboards.

Recently I've been working on video production stuff (scripting/videography/photography/editing) and have done a number of various keyboard reviews with a friend of mine for my company which provides video gaming services at events and is looking to open up a gaming center and content production studio in Phoenix, AZ.

Thanks for the 4+ years of information you all have provided me thus far, hopefully I can provide some intel and entertainment value back. :-)

My dream keyboard that I will never see or own in my lifetime:
-Battleship with like 200 keys
-Cherry MX Blue switches
-On board RGB no software needed with custom per key lighting
-All metal case
-Built in USB hub and audio jacks inputs and outputs all modular

-

Offline fanpeople

Re: Hi I'm Frank. I've lurked for 4 years now time to post
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 01:31:52 »
Good to see a long time stalker hang up his binoculars and leave the bushes that are growing at the front of Mrs Heinikin's house.