Author Topic: [GB] GMK Hammerhead | July 6th - 31st  (Read 99120 times)

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
[GB] GMK Hammerhead | July 6th - 31st
« on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 10:50:05 »

Introduction

Better were the days when mastery of seas came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures, but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. You all know this to be true. Gentlemen. Ladies.

-Captain Hector Barbossa

Hi everyone! Quick introduction. So I'm Chad and I'm the artisan behind KeyLabs Keycaps that I run with my pal Andrew. We're still a little new, and I spend a lot of time lurking, but I've had this keyset idea floating around my mind for a good while and really wanted to take a solid shot at the design. So I present to you, respectfully, the humble beginnings of GMK Hammerhead.

I want this set to evoke the feel of chilled, oceanic spray against your cheeks and the roll of deep blue-grey swells under a stormy sky. To spring forth the cry of gulls, heard over the ship's billowing sails, while your fellow sailors throw dice and spin tales of the great monsters of the deep and of loved ones from home. Surging white caps and cold, uncharted northern waters await. All of this splendor packed mysteriously into a GMK set.

Or something along those lines. I'm not a novelist.

Group Buy: July 6th-31st

Vendors

US: NovelKeys
Canada: DeskHero
EU: Candy Keys
Oceania: Daily Clack
Asia: zFrontier / zFrontier (EN)

Pricing
US (NovelKeys)
  • Base Kit (Dark): $125
  • Base Kit (Light): $125
  • Novelties: $55
  • Extras: $30
  • Euro: $40

Canada (DeskHero)
  • Base Kit (Dark): CAD$179
  • Base Kit (Light): CAD$179
  • Novelties: CAD$79
  • Extras: CAD$43
  • Euro: CAD$58

EU (CandyKeys)
  • Base Kit (Dark): €134
  • Base Kit (Light): €134
  • Novelties: €57
  • Extras: €32
  • Euro: €41

Oceania (Daily Clack)
  • Base Kit (Dark): AU$200
  • Base Kit (Light): AU$200
  • Novelties: AU$88
  • Extras: AU$48
  • Euro: AU$64

Asia (zFrontier)
  • Base Kit (Dark): CN¥939 | $150 (EN)
  • Base Kit (Light): CN¥939 | $150 (EN)
  • Novelties: CN¥399 | $57 (EN)
  • Extras: CN¥215 | $31 (EN)
  • Euro: CN¥288 | $42 (EN)

Kits
Renders provided by the wonderful Janglad

Base

Base (light alphas)

Novelty

Extras

Euro

Deskpads

Art by the fantastic krash_draws on instagram. 900x400mm, 4mm thick pad with stitched, printed edges.

Aluminum Caps

https://keylabs.gg/shop/crucible-hammerhead/

We decided to design and manufacturer our own aluminum keycaps to match Hammerhead. These are based on GMK R1 profile, with a flattened top face and resin infill in the shark tooth cutout. They actually feel amazing on your fingers, we're super happy with how they turned out! You can find them on our site here: https://keylabs.gg/shop/crucible-hammerhead/ The group buy for these will remain open until 7/31.

Artisan Caps
Sodie Caps

Sodie Caps is launching their Hammerhead collab on 7/16 @ 6PM EST. GLHF! https://www.sodiecaps.com/

Fraktal Kaps

Fraktal has put together some awesome artisans together for Hammerhead, featuring their Ankura and Aweigh! sculpts. Raffle takes place 7/10 @ 5PM EST: https://fraktalkaps.com/hammerhead

KeyLabs Keycaps

We will be raffling some of our own artisans to match the set in the coming weeks, stay tuned for those.

Cables

We've partnered up with Space Cables to offer some really fantastic USB cable designs to pair with Hammerhead. Available during the Group Buy window at Space Cables.

Keyboard Renders

Color Reference

Signature

More
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98238.0][img width=480 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/fE1m3Qr.jpg[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 July 2020, 14:14:25 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] GMK Hammerhead | KeyLabs | LIVE FIRST DAY June 4th-
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:11:00 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Full

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:37:01 »
Good luck! Will for sure buy this within the month! :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 18:24:59 by aslejoh »
Hi!

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:41:52 »
Good luck! Will for sure buy this within the mont! :)

Hey thanks so much for the support! This is my first group buy so its always great to see people excited.

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 19:43:06 »
Hey, man! Love the colors of this set. Quick question for you, though:

You said this on the Hammerhead IC:

"Thanks for this point. The kit sets you see on the GB page are the final versions.

Nothing will be subtracted or changed from the kits on the site. They ship as advertised. If anything is added it will be for free and of no cost to the customer, on our dime, as a separate bonus item."

When you had said this, there were issues with the renders on your site. You had duplicate mod-colored tilde keys and duplicate mod-colored pipe keys, and I think lack of 7u spacebar. I see those have been corrected for this GB thread, as well as on the site.

You had earlier said this when someone asked about the duplicates:

"Ah nice catch. Unfortunately I had not seen that. One of those is supposed to be the darker blue color. I'll see what I can do with GMK, but requesting another quote an render may change costs and take some time."

So, can we assume that, both the price and the renders on the site right now are 100% true and what people will receive? I'm just a little confused, so trying to find some clarity. Thanks! <3
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 19:44:49 by Quakemz »

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 21:04:28 »

"Thanks for this point. The kit sets you see on the GB page are the final versions.

Nothing will be subtracted or changed from the kits on the site. They ship as advertised. If anything is added it will be for free and of no cost to the customer, on our dime, as a separate bonus item."

When you had said this, there were issues with the renders on your site. You had duplicate mod-colored tilde keys and duplicate mod-colored pipe keys, and I think lack of 7u spacebar. I see those have been corrected for this GB thread, as well as on the site.

"Ah nice catch. Unfortunately I had not seen that. One of those is supposed to be the darker blue color. I'll see what I can do with GMK, but requesting another quote an render may change costs and take some time."

So, can we assume that, both the price and the renders on the site right now are 100% true and what people will receive? I'm just a little confused, so trying to find some clarity. Thanks! <3

Yes, I'm sorry for the confusion here, it was a bit of a miscommunication from my end. I should have clarified and stated that nothing would be added to the kits that would raise the price unexpectedly on the customer end or things would be removed that would change the compatibility of the set ie. removing a shift key unexpectedly and losing layout support as a result.

At the time, due to the fact that GMK typically takes some time to re render and reprice kits at cost I did not think it would be logistically possible to correct a duplicate key without it taking time and changing pricing. Luckily, GMK took it in great stride and my rep was able to make the changes much quicker than anticipated. The end result is that there are no unnecessarily duplicated keys (corrected to mod color) in the kit at no extra cost. More specifically the R1 (~) and R2 (\|) keys have been color corrected so that the color layout is now correct swapping what would otherwise be mostly useless keys.

I do understand that this was a little confusing, but in the busyness of the launch, I spoke a little too soon.

TLDR: There were two keys R1 (~) and R2 (\|) that had been duplicated and this has been corrected and updated on all platforms with no change in cost or production timeline. There are 7U alpha color spacebars available in both kits, however I did have to make the tough call not to include the dark blue (533c) 7u spacebar as a costs measure. I was a little hasty with my original response and I do apologize for that.

Thank you for your question though, I do hope this helps.

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 21:13:54 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 21:10:57 »
edit: deleted, duplicated message
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 21:12:29 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline dk4one

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 21:18:49 »
For the navy 7U spacebar, if you really don't want to throw it in the base kit, can you please throw it in the spacebar kit (either add in as an extra, or replacing the 6U alpha colored spacebar in the spacebar kit)? I really think the 7U navy spacebar is the breakpoint for quite a few people, myself include. If you can just make that spacebar available anywhere without me having to purchase another base kit to get it, I'll buy definitely.

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 21:29:26 »

Yes, I'm sorry for the confusion here, it was a bit of a miscommunication from my end. I should have clarified and stated that nothing would be added to the kits that would raise the price unexpectedly on the customer end or things would be removed that would change the compatibility of the set ie. removing a shift key unexpectedly and losing layout support as a result.

At the time, due to the fact that GMK typically takes some time to re render and reprice kits at cost I did not think it would be logistically possible to correct a duplicate key without it taking time and changing pricing. Luckily, GMK took it in great stride and my rep was able to make the changes much quicker than anticipated. The end result is that there are no unnecessarily duplicated keys (corrected to mod color) in the kit at no extra cost. More specifically the R1 (~) and R2 (\|) keys have been color corrected so that the color layout is now correct swapping what would otherwise be mostly useless keys.

I do understand that this was a little confusing, but in the busyness of the launch, I spoke a little too soon.

TLDR: There were two keys R1 (~) and R2 (\|) that had been duplicated and this has been corrected and updated on all platforms with no change in cost or production timeline. There are 7U alpha color spacebars available in both kits, however I did have to make the tough call not to include the dark blue (533c) 7u spacebar as a costs measure. I was a little hasty with my original response and I do apologize for that.

Thanks for the clarification! Also, while you're here, is there a reason you decided to omit a [proper/traditional] mod-colored enter key from both base kits? Just my personal curiosity. haha

Offline Solotov

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 23:27:58 »
Still confused why zFrontier and CandyKey have a higher price on Deep water kit compared to Core kit.
Not here to moan since I'm gonna buy this beauty for sure. But just wanna understand the reason behind it  ;D
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 06:39:28 »
Still confused why zFrontier and CandyKey have a higher price on Deep water kit compared to Core kit.
Not here to moan since I'm gonna buy this beauty for sure. But just wanna understand the reason behind it  ;D

Hey thanks for the question! So the reason for that is that the Deep Water kit actually has a lower MOQ than the core. Initially the kit was just a set of alternative alphas, but there was so much support for that layout that it merited its own larger kit. However because it does have a lower MOQ, Deep Water is actually is more expensive per unit to produce until it sells 250 units (which is the MOQ of the Core). But, it can be produced with less orders. The margins on Deep Water are really slim, and since each vendor is dealing with differences in import costs, taxes etc, unfortunately on those two platforms Deep Water had to be just a little more to work.

Hopefully that helps!

Offline dk4one

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 08:05:47 »
I hate beating on a dead horse, but is there any chance you could include that navy 7U in the spacebar kit? :(

Offline Solotov

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 08:11:37 »

Hey thanks for the question! So the reason for that is that the Deep Water kit actually has a lower MOQ than the core. Initially the kit was just a set of alternative alphas, but there was so much support for that layout that it merited its own larger kit. However because it does have a lower MOQ, Deep Water is actually is more expensive per unit to produce until it sells 250 units (which is the MOQ of the Core). But, it can be produced with less orders. The margins on Deep Water are really slim, and since each vendor is dealing with differences in import costs, taxes etc, unfortunately on those two platforms Deep Water had to be just a little more to work.

Hopefully that helps!

Thanks for the detailed answer! Now, I completely understand it  :thumb:

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 08:17:02 »
I hate beating on a dead horse, but is there any chance you could include that navy 7U in the spacebar kit? :(

Hey there, appreciate the question.

Since the core and Deepwater kits do still ship with standard 7u spacebars, adding additional accent 7u would be a rather significant change requiring new GMK renders of the kits involved and a change in pricing at this point in time. If The kits do so well that there is a chunk of margin to play with towards the end of the sale there may be a possibility to poll for a few bonus keys as thanks for the great support, and it may be a consideration at that point in time, but I don't want to get ahead of myself only being on the second day of GB launch.

That being said, my offer still stands where if you would like a Dark blue, accent color, 7u (533c) spacebar at the end of the GB I would happily part with my unused one from my personal Deep Water kit :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 June 2019, 08:21:19 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 08:19:56 »

Thanks for the clarification! Also, while you're here, is there a reason you decided to omit a [proper/traditional] mod-colored enter key from both base kits? Just my personal curiosity. haha

Yeah so when I initially started this IC in the fall, there were just so many GMK sets popping up seemingly every other week. I had wanted Hammerhead to stand out on some elements that were a little more non-traditional. Over the course of the IC however, less common things like the alternative WASD were removed with feedback in consideration of the kit price. The dark blue accent mods in my opinion gave Hammerhead a lot of its feel, and having all of those removed or replaced leaving just a two keycap colored kit seemed to lose most of its aesthetic. The enter key is one of the few remaining elements that I still wanted to express in the design of the kit as its creator without raising costs by including too many duplicated keys. Hope this helps :)

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 17:04:44 »

Yeah so when I initially started this IC in the fall, there were just so many GMK sets popping up seemingly every other week. I had wanted Hammerhead to stand out on some elements that were a little more non-traditional. Over the course of the IC however, less common things like the alternative WASD were removed with feedback in consideration of the kit price. The dark blue accent mods in my opinion gave Hammerhead a lot of its feel, and having all of those removed or replaced leaving just a two keycap colored kit seemed to lose most of its aesthetic. The enter key is one of the few remaining elements that I still wanted to express in the design of the kit as its creator without raising costs by including too many duplicated keys. Hope this helps :)

It does, yeah, thanks! I'm a little bummed about it, because I don't personally like forcing accents and I would have bought the set otherwise, had it been included, but I respect your vision as a designer and wish you the best on this and future sets!

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 18:52:30 »

It does, yeah, thanks! I'm a little bummed about it, because I don't personally like forcing accents and I would have bought the set otherwise, had it been included, but I respect your vision as a designer and wish you the best on this and future sets!

I get it, thanks for stopping by though! Hopefully some of the Qs and As can answer some other people's questions.

Offline petamva

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 05:36:55 »
Quick q:
Is the deep water alphas cw the same as calm depths alphas cw?

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 06:38:25 »
Quick q:
Is the deep water alphas cw the same as calm depths alphas cw?

The share a common taste, but the alpha keys are a darker blue than calm depths and the text, aquamarine rather than the more like sky blue of calm depths.

Thanks for the question!

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 11:10:54 »
I'm in ! Got the Deep Water set and novelties. I wanted to get that desk mat too but it's not listed @ candykeys ?

Offline norb

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 11:52:55 »
is anyone (from europe/germany) willing to sell me a single cap from the novelties? i'm mainly interested in the capslock-hammerhead.

@keylabskeycaps will you be providing/updating the numbers sold in this thread?

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 00:30:35 »
ouch, 170 usd for deep water base kit for asian customers

my wallet~~

Offline jinhan108

[GB] GMK Hammerhead | KeyLabs | LIVE FIRST DAY June 4th-
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 00:48:29 »
ouch, 170 usd for deep water base kit for asian customers

my wallet~~

I feel you.. there’s no benefit of a price break and lately shipping from zfrontier had been delayed quite substantially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 06:02:22 »
And ZFrontier likes to ship their orders in boxes with pictures of freaking bombs on them. Which means Customs goes haywire every time. Yay!

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 09:16:47 »
is anyone (from europe/germany) willing to sell me a single cap from the novelties? i'm mainly interested in the capslock-hammerhead.

@keylabskeycaps will you be providing/updating the numbers sold in this thread?

Yes I will! Once I starting getting numbers from each of the regional vendors I'll start to update routinely.

Offline Hackerpilot

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 08 June 2019, 23:15:48 »
The enter key is one of the few remaining elements that I still wanted to express in the design of the kit as its creator without raising costs by including too many duplicated keys.

It looks nice on the Core kit, but it means that the Deep Water kit has an alpha-colored Enter key unless you use the 3258 accent Enter.

Offline sagadoi

Re: [GB] GMK Hammerhead | KeyLabs | GB LIVE June 4th-
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 06:10:53 »
Any update about the current number of kits sold?
Really concern about the deep water kit.
Thx
Matrix: 1.0 x10 | 1.2 x8 | 2.0 x20 | 2.2 x3 | 2.0 Ver Xmas x2 | Abel x12 | Abel VD x5 | Abel VC | Cain x2 | Mona x5 | Matrix Ti | ProjectFF
Percent: Canoe x6 | Skog x4 | Canoe FE x4 | Skog Lite x2
EVE: Moon x5 | Mira | Mira SE | Meteor x2
Equalz: Zero x4 | Zero.9 EE x7 | Mountain x5 | One x4 | Zero.9 Ti
FOX: Leaf TKL x2 | Time x2 | Orange TKL x2    
TGR: Jane V2 | Jane V2 Ver CE    RAMA: U80A
FMJ TKL x4 | Jer80 x4 | Jermini | Camp C225 x7 | Evil80 x6 |  Evil82 x2 | Mech27 | DolchCR x2 | Triangle x2 | Square x2 | Mars TKL

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 15:50:55 »
We will be updating numbers too on the GB page of ours, now its just on hold still to confirm a few things. We heard a few things about the pricing, turns out Deep W Base Kit was a hit. The price is simply higher :/ We do apologise.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline vafan

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 09:13:38 »
What's happened with US proxy. All of them out of stock?

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 09:29:12 »
What's happened with US proxy. All of them out of stock?

Hey there, thanks for the comment. I just updated this thread if you'd like to take a look at the reason.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [GB] GMK Hammerhead | Update 6/12 GB Taken Down
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 09:37:06 »
The best decision IMO, this was a bit of a headscratcher and it was frustrating as a spectator to see that all comments about it were ignored. Feel free to reach out if you want some asistance with the kits!

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 09:38:15 »
Unfortunate to hear, but the right call in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing this set move forward, and strongly hope ISO UK stays in  ;)

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 09:44:48 »
The best decision IMO, this was a bit of a headscratcher and it was frustrating as a spectator to see that all comments about it were ignored. Feel free to reach out if you want some asistance with the kits!

I can absolutely understand that. I have not being trying to do so, I love hammerhead and want to offer the best version of it to everyone, I was just blinded by a preset groupbuy date and, admittedly, did a poor job grasping the scale of feedback, I'm going to work towards learning and not making missteps like it moving forward.

I'm going to take some time to rethink things and I really appreciate your offer! May just take you up on that.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 June 2019, 09:51:33 by keylabskeycaps »

Offline Solotov

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 09:52:24 »
What a disaster.. Hope the GB of new version won't take too long. I really love the deepwater set.

Offline zzzaacchh

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 09:57:19 »
Damn, am I the only one that wanted the core kit?

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 10:09:13 »
I personally prefer the core kit, however had not joined the GB due to the issues previously raised. Once those are fixed (and providing ISO UK stays in), I will almost definitely be joining for the core colourway.

Offline zzzaacchh

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 10:18:37 »
I personally prefer the core kit, however had not joined the GB due to the issues previously raised. Once those are fixed (and providing ISO UK stays in), I will almost definitely be joining for the core colourway.

I use ortho boards, so it was already perfect for my needs. Hopefully it doesn't take long to fix the issues and relaunch this.

Offline mta

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 10:23:57 »
While unfortunate, I am really happy with this decision, especially considering that this is such a nice colorway. As Oblotzky put it in a different thread, "A delayed set is eventually good, but a rushed set is forever bad."

We all appreciate the work you've put into this and I'm sure that after some polish it'll have an even stronger launch next time. Looking forward to the changes -- thanks!  :thumb:

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 10:42:25 »
While unfortunate, I am really happy with this decision, especially considering that this is such a nice colorway. As Oblotzky put it in a different thread, "A delayed set is eventually good, but a rushed set is forever bad."

Love the quote and totally agree with the sentiment posted. Looking forward to the relaunch 👍

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 11:25:54 »

We all appreciate the work you've put into this and I'm sure that after some polish it'll have an even stronger launch next time. Looking forward to the changes -- thanks!  :thumb:

That's actually a Miyamoto quote he's rephrasing: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"

It's a good quote about development in general. Oblotsky and Keylabs Chad are wise to adhere to it.

Offline Vlie

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 12:47:35 »
what a pity!

Offline glack23

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 13:12:24 »
Well the next one will be a better version.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 00:15:43 »
thankgod.... for a sec I thought i missed the group by for one the few GMK sets that i actually like...
and yea the deep water one gucci AF XD lol XD

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 00:37:45 »
Okay.  So, to move forward, where do you want to collect input and iterate through different versions of the kits?  Did you want to unlock the old IC thread, or are you starting a new IC thread?  That discussion probably doesn't belong in the group buy forum.

Offline dav1k

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 00:53:39 »
Taking the group buy down must have been very difficult but I feel it was the best decision in the end.

I was looking forward to joining this group buy but I ultimately held back due to some issues with the kits.

I was planning to purchase the Deep Water base kit and the spacebar kit. Doing so, I expected I'll be able to get spacebars in the 3 offered colors in both 6.25u and 7u sizes. But in reality I would be missing spacebars but also had a few 6u/off-center spacebars which I do not need.

This is still a very awesome keycap set and I hope to purchase with more confidence when you ultimately bring this back to market.

Keep up the great work!!  ;D ;D :thumb:

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 02:46:31 »
Smart decision. Hopefully it will show even better results next time.

Offline WolfLink

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 11:12:12 »
Would it be possible to get media and volume controls included somewhere in the kit?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 11:24:09 »
Would it be possible to get media and volume controls included somewhere in the kit?

OP had to cancel the GB due to the difficult kit design, with the base kit having too many keys as one of the problems. Yeah, let's throw some media keys in it.

Offline WolfLink

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 16:20:19 »

OP had to cancel the GB due to the difficult kit design, with the base kit having too many keys as one of the problems. Yeah, let's throw some media keys in it.

They could be in the novelties kit or something.  Or the main kit could be pared down and a “modding” kit could be added with things like the variants of the extra keys block, and variant colors of things like the arrow keys.  The kit is being reworked, so now is another chance for things like that to be considered.

Offline chakkii

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 13:21:07 »
ive commented so many times, that I think most of the people would prefer the alternate alphas / now known as deep water kit and you should also make a EURO Kit for it :) But well I never got an answer to my questions and suggestions on the IC. I also didnt join because there was so much confusion especially right before the GB start and even after that. I really like this set and still would buy, if things are clarified beforehand. Keep your head up, everyone has to start somewhere. I bet your next GB will be successful.