Author Topic: [IC] GMK Copper - Additional renders added!!  (Read 7824 times)

fatboycarney and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Winster

Re: [IC] GMK Copper - Massive Updates - Renders, Novelties, Vendors
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 10:41:05 »
Is it possible to include a R1 1u back key as well please? For those who spilt their backspaces.

I will review all the key requests and update the forum for any updates once all the feedback is in, thanks for the info, I have noticed that no other sets including basic ortho/40s support have this, can you use another guy in its place? Possibly "-" and "delete"?
 ;D ;D

Thank you. Very few kits in the past has this key. Mostly those with a large base kit. For example Deep space, carbon, Dracula has this key. It would be great to have it. Regardless I will go for this set. Irresistible copper.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Formerly Jon_Flynn
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 16:01:01 »
Ok couple of things here

Firstly - love the set, cant wait to see more renders.

Secondly, please dont change the R3 #~ to \|. Boards look terrible with two of the same key on. I see no reason to change from the standard R3 #~ and R4 |\ which we have seen in most base kits recently, but if you must change it then please change the R4 key to the >< key seen in Nines for example. The R3 |\ key only supports US ISO which is the lowest denominator for the lowest layout adoption.

Tbh, I rarely ask for full UK ISO unless I really love a set; and I'd love that to be here but I can understand the challenge against it.

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 23:00:10 »
Love how this came together, from the initial design to your taking feedback, and the very cool and thoughtful novelties. I only noticed you were Canadian when I saw that you had a Canadian vendor--I'm in Newfoundland (technically Labrador currently) myself--look forward to buying all three kits as well as a deskmat, funding-willing. Any chance you'll go all in with a custom cable as well? I'm a steampunk guy so this set is pushing all of my buttons... give me ALL THE THINGS to buy. LOL

Online fatboycarney

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 00:40:05 »
Is it possible to include a R1 1u back key as well please? For those who spilt their backspaces.

I will review all the key requests and update the forum for any updates once all the feedback is in, thanks for the info, I have noticed that no other sets including basic ortho/40s support have this, can you use another guy in its place? Possibly "-" and "delete"?
 ;D ;D

Thank you. Very few kits in the past has this key. Mostly those with a large base kit. For example Deep space, carbon, Dracula has this key. It would be great to have it. Regardless I will go for this set. Irresistible copper.

Awesome great to hear! And thanks for the feedback

Love how this came together, from the initial design to your taking feedback, and the very cool and thoughtful novelties. I only noticed you were Canadian when I saw that you had a Canadian vendor--I'm in Newfoundland (technically Labrador currently) myself--look forward to buying all three kits as well as a deskmat, funding-willing. Any chance you'll go all in with a custom cable as well? I'm a steampunk guy so this set is pushing all of my buttons... give me ALL THE THINGS to buy. LOL

Thanks its been a great journey. Working on a cable option to so stay tuned to the IC, updates including other surprises will be coming!! Great to see a fellow Canadian in the hobby, and appreciate your enthusiasm for the set!!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2019, 00:47:51 by fatboycarney »

Online fatboycarney

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 00:46:12 »
Ok couple of things here

Firstly - love the set, cant wait to see more renders.

Secondly, please dont change the R3 #~ to \|. Boards look terrible with two of the same key on. I see no reason to change from the standard R3 #~ and R4 |\ which we have seen in most base kits recently, but if you must change it then please change the R4 key to the >< key seen in Nines for example. The R3 |\ key only supports US ISO which is the lowest denominator for the lowest layout adoption.

Tbh, I rarely ask for full UK ISO unless I really love a set; and I'd love that to be here but I can understand the challenge against it.

Firstly thank you so much!! Great to hear you love the set, I am humbled.  More renders are coming as soon as I can get them!

Secondly, thanks for this, I have updated the main page base kit note and will keep the R3 #~, there is a lot of information on the site and differing opinions on what should represent minimum physical ISO, I am glad you spoke up and let me know your thoughts.

I will look into all things ISO, I am trying to keep the base kit price down as much as I can so cant promise full UK ISO but I can certainly investigate further.

Offline dvorcol

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 14:18:48 »
I will look into all things ISO, I am trying to keep the base kit price down as much as I can so cant promise full UK ISO but I can certainly investigate further.

This explanation of the backslash-pipe key was recently mentioned in another IC - http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Why-Do-Keycap-Sets-have-so-many-Copies-of-the-Backslash-Pipe-Key/

Offline whyamihere

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 09:41:10 »
Really disappointed this is on Kono but... I LOVE this set so I'll probably just bite the bullet

Online fatboycarney

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 20:14:24 »

This explanation of the backslash-pipe key was recently mentioned in another IC - http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Why-Do-Keycap-Sets-have-so-many-Copies-of-the-Backslash-Pipe-Key/

Thanks very interesting read

Really disappointed this is on Kono but... I LOVE this set so I'll probably just bite the bullet

Thank you, appreciate the love!! Teaser below, will be adding some more renders to the OP

230285-0

Offline dvorcol

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 20:41:40 »

Thanks very interesting read

Glad to be of help.  But all the credit goes to depletedvespene, who's signature contains this and other interesting links.