Author Topic: RAMA WORKS U80-A  (Read 7315 times)

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
Re: RAMA WORKS U80-A
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 16:24:31 »
i'm pretty stoked to not have to devalue my pcb by not having to solder my switches in. my body runs hot and i swear it makes the iron even hotter than it should be. that is a recipe for lifting pads who can relate
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline shansoft

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 17:12:59 »
i'm pretty stoked to not have to devalue my pcb by not having to solder my switches in. my body runs hot and i swear it makes the iron even hotter than it should be. that is a recipe for lifting pads who can relate

I much prefer hotswap than soldering for few reason. I swap switches a lot and having desoldering without desoldering gun is just too much.
Especially when lubes goes out, and you need to re-lube the switches or stab....

Offline Kavik

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 12 September 2019, 21:10:47 »

I much prefer hotswap than soldering for few reason. I swap switches a lot and having desoldering without desoldering gun is just too much.
Especially when lubes goes out, and you need to re-lube the switches or stab....

Exactly, not too bad if you have a switch top opening plate (although that's still very time consuming and also doesn't help if you have BOX switches), but otherwise it's too much of a pain to desolder. I have lifted many a pad desoldering with just and iron and a solder sucker. It also takes forever.

Offline DB24

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 23 September 2019, 20:11:40 »
I am really psyched to get this kit. I ordered the "Lake" color with solderable PCB. I plan on putting in Zilent V2's 67gr. Also I ordered the heavy industry keycap set but also I have the GMK nines on order so not sure which one I will put on the board yet. I was able to get the U-80 ordered back in mid June. The web site says orders will ship when production is finished basically. I am really looking forward to this board, maybe it will even be my "endgame" lol. I would love to hear everyone's guess on how much the production on a kit like this might take. To those of you who are more experienced in these things, if you had to speculate, when do you think the production of a kit like this will be ready to ship? From what I have seen delays seem to be the norm, so I understand why vendors avoid putting exact dates on pre-orders etc. (case in point, still waiting on the KBD8xMkII, which it seems had to do a do-over on the brass plates...)

What do ya think? :)

Offline phinix

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 02:52:31 »
I'm in exactly same position - waiting for 8X MkII and new brass wieghts, then U80-A.
I asked Rama about timescales. it could be 3-4 months.
I would love to get it on Christmas, but there is possibility that it will be January.
Fingers crossed guys will run it smoothly and all will be ready for without delays, cause with delays it can hit 6 months...
7500|1080Ti|2x 1TB SSD|Z270 ITX|16GB RAM|SFX 600W|Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC|Cooltek UMX1
Realforce 55g Novatouched modded standard bottom row| GMMK TKL ISO Tealios v2|Logitech MX518 Legend|X52 PRO
SA: Carbon, Penumbra, Filco, 7bit's Round6, Amber Screen Cherry: OG white-beige, GMK Space Cadet XDA: Canvas

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::
star citizen :::  CMDR Phinix 325A LTI

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Haha just kidding
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 09:51:13 »
Pretty excited to receive mine.

Got the grey option, but can't remember the name for it haha.

I check every day for a potential update on the manu process.

Offline phinix

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 10:03:16 »
Moon, I also ordered it.
They should tell us already that at least production has started...
7500|1080Ti|2x 1TB SSD|Z270 ITX|16GB RAM|SFX 600W|Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC|Cooltek UMX1
Realforce 55g Novatouched modded standard bottom row| GMMK TKL ISO Tealios v2|Logitech MX518 Legend|X52 PRO
SA: Carbon, Penumbra, Filco, 7bit's Round6, Amber Screen Cherry: OG white-beige, GMK Space Cadet XDA: Canvas

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::
star citizen :::  CMDR Phinix 325A LTI

Offline DB24

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 20:45:13 »
I'm in exactly same position - waiting for 8X MkII and new brass wieghts, then U80-A.
I asked Rama about timescales. it could be 3-4 months.
I would love to get it on Christmas, but there is possibility that it will be January.
Fingers crossed guys will run it smoothly and all will be ready for without delays, cause with delays it can hit 6 months...
Thanks for this reply. Now I can kind of conceptualize a little more realistically about when I might receive this board and not get hopes up too much. Maybe January? OK cool. I will put it out of my mind a bit and keep waiting on that 8X MKII lol  ;D

Offline walie

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 21:56:05 »
2020 at the very least, I'm not expecting it until the spring