Author Topic: IBM Model F XT 1501100  (Read 589 times)

Offline borisers

IBM Model F XT 1501100
« on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 14:49:05 »
Hi all,

I'm about to receive a new old stock 83-key IBM model F XT. I was wondering if it would need disassembly and cleaning despite having never been taken out of the box. Could there be corrosion or rotted foam inside? Of course, I will be using an XT to USB converter.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: IBM Model F XT 1501100
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 18:10:03 »
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

XTs were consumer keyboards and it may have spent its entire lifetime in a safe dry place, with little deterioration to the foam. I have seen several like that.

If it works and sounds and feels right, just enjoy it.

ďAs psychoanalysts we understand how one of the things that makes for a certain kind of mental pathology is a hatred of reality and an attack on thought. Donald Trump hates reality .... there are so many different factors psychologically and emotionally that are involved with his behavior that to really understand Donald Trump would mean that you would understand of all of psychiatry. Trump is against any kind of rules or regulation. He sees everything as a kind of psychological straitjacket. Donald Trump probably has the lowest frustration tolerance of any president I have ever witnessed. It is very hard for most people to accept that Donald Trump is not normal, because it is such an unusual situation. He doesnít believe in rules. Not ever - Donald Trump is like a two-year-old child.
Donald Trump actually hates loving families. He hates a deep connection between mothers and children. Donald Trump hates mothers and children. He cannot control those feelings. Therefore Trumpís goal is to separate mothers and children. He wants to punish them. Other people identify with the aggressor, the abuser. This is what Donald Trump did. He became cruel, like the parent, as a way of protecting himself from his own anxiety. Donald Trumpís father always wanted him to be a killer. So psychologically Donald Trump functions like a killer ó but he doesnít kill directly."
- Justin A Frank - Trump on the Couch - 2019