Author Topic: Topre Actuation point sensitivity, key presses sometimes not regestering  (Read 7794 times)

Offline typo

I am sure everyone is well aware about my completely customized RGB that I constantly brag about. Although I will not post photos of due to copyright infringement issues. Of course many feel it does not exist. That is another matter entirely.

I have also mentioned many times it has ten actuation points. If attempted to go beyond that, it becomes an open circuit. Hence with no adjustability whatsoever. I keep mine in the middle on 5. It has a little LCD in the case that says what number it is on among other things, macro memory ETC.

5 is actually higher than the stock highest setting. At least IMO. So it should be very sensitive. The issue at hand is it often fails to register key presses on any random key at any given time, Before saying I messed it up, the stock ones I have exhibit this on setting "3" as well. I would think if it is higher it is more likely to register without bottoming out? I am at the point with Topre that I can tell where the cup rubber has collapsed and it should have registered just by feel. Even on a non adjustable board such as the 104UB. I am not sure why this occurs and any way to avoid it? For instance it just happened 5 times while typing this. So, ass you could imagine it is quite irritating. Does anyone else experience this on an adjustable board? Am I in fact incorrect that the higher actuation point is more likely to register successfully?  Or do I have my thinking on this "backwards" and that in fact is what is causing my very issue here? If any one knows a way to prevent this from occurring(assume for a moment it is a completely stock board if you may) I would greatly appreciate if you share that knowledge with me! (it has since happened a few more times here now).  I highly doubt it is my typing style either as I use regular Topre and HHKB sans any issues. Is there a known bug in this, unbeknownst to me? Anything else that could be causing this or any other ideas to remedy it? It would not be any big deal other than going back to correct it all brings my WPM to a grinding halt! Thank you

Offline typo

Re: Topre Actuation point sensitivity, key presses sometimes not regestering
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 11:18:37 »
I guess I thought I knew it too well. You cannot really judge by feel where it crushes. If I just bottom out on it like everyone else does I hit it 100% of the time. Well, That's that. I would of course prefer not to bottom out but I guess it is unavoidable with a Realforce.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 14:30:48 »
You don't have to bottom out with Topre..that's a fact..

You DO bottom out with Topre because it collapses so fast you don't really have a choice.  Really light Topre (30g) you can probably avoid bottoming more often...and with 45g you can definitely lightly bottom out..but trying to not bottom out on a consistent basis with Topre is...No offense, stupid...

Offline typo

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 19:49:18 »
Well stated. I was just approaching the situation wrong trying to touch type on it once and for all because now I have the actuation point set so high. Bottoming out is still, mostly unavoidable as you say regardless. That is if you do not want to constantly mistype.  Plus as you are probably also aware, as they age they become much stiffer than 45g! Not to mention my Cup Rubber is coated with Automotive bumper black mirror spray paint making it yet even stiffer. It is what it is. Still my end game.

Offline saint_james

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 20:24:04 »
Not to mention my Cup Rubber is coated with Automotive bumper black mirror spray paint making it yet even stiffer.

What is the reason for coating your domes with bumper black?  Is there some benefit to doing this? 
C = Q/V ≈ ε₀ (A/d)
Active: FC980C | FC660C Low-noise | RF 87u 55g | RF 23u
Inactive: WASD v2 | Pok3r | QFR | Aukey KM-G9 | Compaq RT101
Dead and buried: Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite

Offline rxc92

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 23:58:27 »
Not to mention my Cup Rubber is coated with Automotive bumper black mirror spray paint making it yet even stiffer.

What is the reason for coating your domes with bumper black?  Is there some benefit to doing this?

Don't bother, the guy is crazy. He spams the same thing in all of his posts, thinking that someone will care.

Offline typo

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 01:27:01 »
Yes, I will spare every one the details from now on, okay? I have mentioned it enough times already. I figure people are put off by it for a number of reasons which are obvious. If you really want to know about it just search my name.  It is just a big deal to me personally because it is the last keyboard I ever plan to purchase. Game over. Half the fun was the journey here. I am not trying to be a real jerk. I understand what I have done here and I sincerely apologize for doing so. I was over zealous about it. I fully understand that many people would be offended by it. Well, I did not at first but I do now. I am sorry for how I have behaved here. other than that, this posting was in fact a legitimate question of mine. I simply did not understand why I always have keystrokes failing to register without bottoming out. At least with O-rings the landing is very soft on a Realforce. It is even without them quite frankly. It was not my intention to open up a can of worms all over again. I had an honest question this time. the answer is to just keep bottoming out I take it.  thank you all

Offline saint_james

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 01:29:08 »

So... why the bumper black then?  I'm genuinely curious if there's a good reason to do this.
C = Q/V ≈ ε₀ (A/d)

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 02:56:35 »
Like in the past if there are no pictures it doesn't exist. What do you mean with copyright infringement? People are posting custom made Topre cases all the time  :confused: . Also did you have this problem before you spray painted your domes?
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline typo

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 15:14:02 »
sup, I do not really remember but it seems to be on boards in general with variable accusation. I do not mis keys on HHKB or 104UB. I miss a lot of keys on a bone stock RGB I am testing for this today.k I never miss them on standard Realforce boards. Not even Novatouch or Type heaven. I am not correcting this so you can notice if I missed any here. I am not proofing it either for hat reason. Sup, if you want to feel it does not exist that hurts my feelings none. What will really hurt my feelings is if someone in China sees it and starts selling them for$75! That is what I mean by "copyright." There is no copyright! If they copy it in any likeness I have no recourse.

I agreed to drop it. Why are you still egging me on? James, It was part of he modifications I had made to  he board. It has GMK key caps. The light does not shine through them but under them. So this gives it a very neat effect. Like a 3D hologram. I was not going to bring this up again and James is welcome to use the search for anything further. That was but one of he smallest modifications made to it. I had put over 12 grand into this "project". I am maintaining as of now it will be the last board I will ever ourchase. I have about 300+ boards around here. Some much sought after. Nothing is for sale at the moment though. That is why I have the board I am typing on.

The Seasonics did have some slight differences to the Fujitsu's. Nothing really in the way of functionality but to fit my case with out miling anything further, You will notice now people selling the Seassonics for $500-$700 Suply and demand, If anyone does not mind please count how many characters I missed in this post. I am not looking specifically so I know it is not mind over matter and it actually is my style of lite touch typing Vs. a board one must really bottom out on.I wil say I have not botemed out more than 10 times during this post. Therein lays my entire issue obviously. Ibis is truly to be my last one and only board I beter learn how to use it properly! Although I cannot get it through my head that bottoming out is I fact "proper usag. This would destro a buckling spring for instance and possibly a Chery eventually too.       

I apologized for being a jerk about my stuff. Now on the other side of the coin I would hope everyone else would drop the issue finally as well. If you do not wish to excuse my outrageous behavior here for the last 2 years I fully understand, I was a complete jerk about in retrospect All I can do is say I am sorry. However, now that I am willing to finally drop the subject I would most surely hope everyone else would as well. Otherwise obviously it is just going to continue and escalate again. I have attempted to make a peace offering here as a long standing elder of this forum. Please forget this now already. It is in the best interest of our entire community here I feel.

I still maintain that I absolutely shall not post pictures of any part of it or it's whole for that matter. Simply as I said, It is very unique in a very good way IMO and I simply don't wish  to find cheapo knockoff's of it floating around Ebay in 4 months.  You know very well that this happens ever day now. If I was still in Collège, which was a long time ago I would not bring it with for the same reason. Either a student or Faculty steals the design or, alas someone snaps a photo and puts it online, Although they did not have "online" even when I was in Graduate school.Anyways, I think I have made my point for my own reasons regarding this mater and they are not changing. Feel as you wish, but please at this juncture it would be in everyone's best interest to perhaps no longer do such "out loud". We can all return to our regularly scheduled shows now!

Offline Polymer

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 19:34:51 »
Well stated. I was just approaching the situation wrong trying to touch type on it once and for all because now I have the actuation point set so high. Bottoming out is still, mostly unavoidable as you say regardless. That is if you do not want to constantly mistype.  Plus as you are probably also aware, as they age they become much stiffer than 45g! Not to mention my Cup Rubber is coated with Automotive bumper black mirror spray paint making it yet even stiffer. It is what it is. Still my end game.

Wait...What are you defining as touch typing?  Because pretty sure you're wrong in your definition based on what you just said....

Not sure what you're talking about with the O-rings or why you coated the rubber cups....

Seriously, it sounds like just a troll....except we've had so many people so far out there that weren't trolling it becomes hard to tell...

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 04:01:03 »
sup, I do not really remember but it seems to be on boards in general with variable accusation. I do not mis keys on HHKB or 104UB. I miss a lot of keys on a bone stock RGB I am testing for this today.k I never miss them on standard Realforce boards. Not even Novatouch or Type heaven. I am not correcting this so you can notice if I missed any here. I am not proofing it either for hat reason. Sup, if you want to feel it does not exist that hurts my feelings none. What will really hurt my feelings is if someone in China sees it and starts selling them for$75! That is what I mean by "copyright." There is no copyright! If they copy it in any likeness I have no recourse.

I agreed to drop it. Why are you still egging me on? James, It was part of he modifications I had made to  he board. It has GMK key caps. The light does not shine through them but under them. So this gives it a very neat effect. Like a 3D hologram. I was not going to bring this up again and James is welcome to use the search for anything further. That was but one of he smallest modifications made to it. I had put over 12 grand into this "project". I am maintaining as of now it will be the last board I will ever ourchase. I have about 300+ boards around here. Some much sought after. Nothing is for sale at the moment though. That is why I have the board I am typing on.

The Seasonics did have some slight differences to the Fujitsu's. Nothing really in the way of functionality but to fit my case with out miling anything further, You will notice now people selling the Seassonics for $500-$700 Suply and demand, If anyone does not mind please count how many characters I missed in this post. I am not looking specifically so I know it is not mind over matter and it actually is my style of lite touch typing Vs. a board one must really bottom out on.I wil say I have not botemed out more than 10 times during this post. Therein lays my entire issue obviously. Ibis is truly to be my last one and only board I beter learn how to use it properly! Although I cannot get it through my head that bottoming out is I fact "proper usag. This would destro a buckling spring for instance and possibly a Chery eventually too.       

I apologized for being a jerk about my stuff. Now on the other side of the coin I would hope everyone else would drop the issue finally as well. If you do not wish to excuse my outrageous behavior here for the last 2 years I fully understand, I was a complete jerk about in retrospect All I can do is say I am sorry. However, now that I am willing to finally drop the subject I would most surely hope everyone else would as well. Otherwise obviously it is just going to continue and escalate again. I have attempted to make a peace offering here as a long standing elder of this forum. Please forget this now already. It is in the best interest of our entire community here I feel.

I still maintain that I absolutely shall not post pictures of any part of it or it's whole for that matter. Simply as I said, It is very unique in a very good way IMO and I simply don't wish  to find cheapo knockoff's of it floating around Ebay in 4 months.  You know very well that this happens ever day now. If I was still in Collège, which was a long time ago I would not bring it with for the same reason. Either a student or Faculty steals the design or, alas someone snaps a photo and puts it online, Although they did not have "online" even when I was in Graduate school.Anyways, I think I have made my point for my own reasons regarding this mater and they are not changing. Feel as you wish, but please at this juncture it would be in everyone's best interest to perhaps no longer do such "out loud". We can all return to our regularly scheduled shows now!

You are way to paranoid to think someone else is gonna steal the design.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon

Offline typo

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 06:08:28 »
You both have valid points, Well taken. It shall not change how II feel. It is not even about money, but pride rather. You cannot say it does not happen to "catchy" products within a niche market. Anyways I just apologized for constantly sticking it in everyone's face.  I am sure that grew old quickly but I continued for about 2 years nonetheless Are you folks going to drop it as I am willing to? Or are you going to continue to bring it up with every posting I may make here? Which mind you, is but few. Case in point, less than 2,000 posts in about 20 years. I would not exactly call that "trolling". Please just let it be already and move on so we can all get on with other things. That is all II ask of you. Regardless of if you believe this item even exists in reality. That is solely up to your own choosing. i do not think it is so "far out there". As you also mentioned, many people here have built some absolutely fantastic keyboards. I mentioned I own a few hundred keyboards "of interest" and none interest me more than this one. The first one that is mainly of my "own making". It is my end game, my grail. I am getting older so it will ultimately most likely to prove to be a non issue for me anyhow.

As to the topic at hand. It is not Topre at all causing this issue but rather Windows 10 Pro. It only happens when variable actuation comes into play. No, you in fact do not need to bottom out if these settings are correct.  There are two sliders together, well hidden. "key stroke repeat rate" and "keystroke repeat rate delay". They will need to be adjusted in a very limited way to get good use out of these boards. Adjust too much in the other direction, instead of "missing" key strokes you will obtain double or more strokes. These are great with regular keyboards they do not affect to speed up the cursor and space keys. On he VAP Realforce boards they really need to be adjusted properly unless you simply wish to slam each and every keystroke. Thus, most likely greatly reducing your WPM and accuracy on them. This is why probably hardly anybody knows about these settings. Us here, having keyboards like this to begin with is obviously going to necessitate figuring it out. One way or he other. Otherwise you wil just be "jamming" each and every keystroke on them which IMO is no way to type on any board. Sure, you do bottom out on other Topre boards but with a "soft" landing. One must slam the RGB and ilk to obtain consistent results on highest setting. You would think it would be the other way around. Nicely, now properly set one need not bottom out at all on them. Left stock they make for speedy usage of cursors, spacebar on almost any other board unaffected by them If you need to find them, just google the term I have presented here. Consider this too fixed, I am on a roll fixing all my own issues. Here I am not even sure why I even bothered, just to be berated again. Is this going to go on forever?

Offline typo

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 11:57:58 »
I swore that I had seen an actual "troll" in these parts just moments ago. Perhaps ever vigilant mods beat me to the punch! Or I just need another energy drink. Not too paranoid. Something tells me that is exactly what is going to happen. This thing is such a departure from anything you have seen I almost guarantee it gets ripped off in China. I cannot stop whom views this site. Please, I apologized for my behavior regarding this matter. Can't we just discuss something else already? Thanks

Offline rxc92

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 01:44:10 »
I swore that I had seen an actual "troll" in these parts just moments ago. Perhaps ever vigilant mods beat me to the punch! Or I just need another energy drink. Not too paranoid. Something tells me that is exactly what is going to happen. This thing is such a departure from anything you have seen I almost guarantee it gets ripped off in China. I cannot stop whom views this site. Please, I apologized for my behavior regarding this matter. Can't we just discuss something else already? Thanks

Can you please stop starting these rambling threads? I've already done enough case studies on Alzheimer's for my degree.

Offline saint_james

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 01:54:55 »
James, It was part of he modifications I had made to  he board. It has GMK key caps. The light does not shine through them but under them. So this gives it a very neat effect. Like a 3D hologram.

So, it has an effect on light bleeding out from under the keycaps.   Thanks for answering my question.  I do not plan to avail myself of this modification; I don't look at my keyboard in use, so any lighting effects are wasted on me... but it's interesting to note that this is a thing that people do.

In regards to "discussing something else", I think it is already dropped typo.
C = Q/V ≈ ε₀ (A/d)

Offline typo

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 05:39:56 »
DSA keycaps only bleed on RGB board. Not translucent. Bleed a lot. Coat with black mirror, now halo on top of board, white, zap red upon key press, back to white. you might find it obnoxious. higher MCD LED's= longer life, much brighter. blindingly on setting one. infinite settings within a given band now. I prefer thick DS ABS, on double flat PTFE O-Rings, dry lubed w/Graphene. I love shiny keycaps! i guess I am pretty obnoxious. i can see why i am getting on rxc92 nerves. sorry buddy. mean you no offense :) Anyways I think my keyboard looks amazing, I am elated with it. So sorry about pics though. Just my own drama.  Trust me, I would love to show it off! I am not trying to be a snoot again. Just happy I finally reached the end of my journey. It took a number of things to fall into place at the right time to allow this to occur. on the other hand many other people may think this thing is downright obnoxious and have no part of it! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It suits me to a 'T'. Personally. Last I speak of it. Just in respect as to why the light bleeds. On stock it is due to white cup rubber.
Throw on sealed front keycaps, all the light is now reflected backwards. Get it?

Offline typo

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 06:35:30 »
It also is accessibility settings on by default. Turn off key delays by default. Not compatible with actuation points. Certainly not 10 of them I ran into a problem then. Others know now if they encounter this issue. Now, I can barely touch it to register. It is because it is judging capacitance to make this call. I now do not need to even come close to bottoming out on this. 

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:14:41 »
Not to be contoversial but why is bottoming out so bad?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:42:01 »
Not to be contoversial but why is bottoming out so bad?

It's not bad but its better if you don't bottom out. But i use linears anyway bottoming out 4 life.
current
Coming soon

Offline typo

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 00:19:03 »
It is normally hard on your fingers but not really with Realforce. Especially if it is fitted with silencers/O-rings. Bottoming out on a Cherry black for instance, constantly would suck I imagine. It is also kind of bad for other types of switches in the long term AFAIK. To Topre switches I am pretty sure it really does not bother them. As they are "just" rubber domes. I have it now where I can nearly sneeze on it. Exactly what I wanted. I just had things conflicting in Windows by default. If you set out to do this, check all the Windows settings all over the place. I am not missing to register any keys now. Before I had several different "delay's" set to "on" within Windows. All taken care of now and do not even have to come close to bottoming out. To me, greatly increases my WPM and accuracy. YMMV.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 00:28:56 »
You're bottoming out using Topre anyways...If you're saying you're not and you're using anything but 30/35g, you're lying...

Offline typo

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 21:21:14 »
Nope, I can sneeze on this thing and it wil register now. although to be 100% honest I just KILLED an I( Extreme machine it is connected to! Huge bummer there! Right now I am typing this on a cherry blue based board. Now, as you know with this it clicks it registered. With VA on the new Topre R2's one need no longer bottom out! please try it before you spesk1 although if I really wanted to be 100% sure it registered, you are still correct for peace of mind I would always bottom out on a Topre. Although as I mentioned it is not as bad as say, cherry since it is after all a rubber dome. then put silencers, O-rings, Lube what have you there is no reason you would not want to anyhow :) very smooth landing indeed. Regardless.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 24 October 2019, 19:52:02 »
I didn't say you needed to bottom out for it to register..

I'm saying you're bottoming out when typing.

You won't post a video either way...but if you insist on towing the line you're not bottoming out, the whole rest of what you're saying is a lie as well....because for sure, you're bottoming out when typing with 45g Topre or above..

Offline typo

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 04:22:05 »
Perhaps you are correct and I do not even know it. possible.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 11:48:16 »
Perhaps you are correct and I do not even know it. possible.

No..you know it...but for some reason people like to try to make this claim as if that's a good thing...

Even with MX, where it is possible to not bottom a good portion of the time, not doing so you're giving up speed.  As in, concentrating on not bottoming out isn't netting you anything but slower typing speeds.  Of course you can get to the point where you're lightly bottoming out and sometimes not bottoming out for some strokes..that's not an issue..but the hilarious videos I've seen of people not bottoming out just show they have no idea what they're doing.

With Topre..it just isn't possible...you might be lightly bottoming out but you're bottoming pretty much on every stroke....unless you have something so light, like 30g, where there is little to no bump...in which case see the MX case for bottoming out...

Offline typo

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 20:59:13 »
Well this is odd, It is not just bottoming out, it is also those two little known sliders somewhere in accessibility I had messed with. I just put back a cherry blue board straight swap from Topre and did not touch anything else. Now I am failing to register keystrokes on this board! So I adjusted the sliders to where it is working properly for me. Then I promptly replaced this genuine Cherry board with a genuine topre Realforce 104UB(no actuation). al messed up. once again, went back to those sliders and adjusted them quite a bit and all was well. I then plugged in an unicomp Rubber Dome and it was just a hair off the Topre, As we all know the Topre is after all a rubber dome. Vast difference to an actual mechanical, Key switch. I do not now even understand how we have utilized these keyboards in widows all these years with probably most of us not even being aware of these utter crucial adjustments. I just stumbled across this, thinking it was myself not pressing hard enough to, always register all keystrokes without fail, no, it is these settings and there is no way to completely turn off or remove them either as of now!

My issue is resolved. I do indeed feel bad for anyone's hard feelings against me. I should have just kept my moush shu6.

Offline ihateregister

• I like cookies. Yum!
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 07:20:49 »
I don't quite get your argument, china is the main reason some of these unique companies try so hard to innovate their products.  I bottom out all the time on my topre board, I've made several different adjustments, and I'd be flattered if someone in china duplicated my setup. I do lube the switches, never once had a need to mess with my sliders, and I use the middle actuation setting, because the lowest setting has some sorta bug on my Realforce RGB where the shift key is almost always triggered. When I mentioned this to topre's website, they had no resolution.

A one-off board that has macro setttings, 10 levels of capacitive actuation points, and a little LCD screen? Enjoy it while it lasts, analog switches are coming soon TM, your keyboard won't be so unique for long.. ! lol

Offline typo

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 11:53:45 »
Sorry, I broke my neck! so was not around. anyways my gripe is china are good at many things indeed. I certainly do not dislike Chinese people or anyone for that matter. My point, and this is true is that china is a region famous for it's "piracy". Of course it is not limited to china. some smart kid in his basement could take pictures and copy my board. I work for Microsoft and I am strongly against copyright infringement. that is all. true, my board it not even copy written. All the more reason to protect my intellectual property. should it be copied, I have no recourse whatsoever. TBH, the bulk of the money went in the one-off case and then destroying the dies. Yes, I am that fanatical. So if the new boards fit in the case, even with some modifications the new board is not much money to start working on. I am plenty happy with mine though. I am an old man now. I really do not see needing another keyboard at this point regardless.

I just realized how fanatical I really am. I see people here post real problems with their boards. I just took the whole thing apart again simply to "tweak" the sliders to my liking with a broken neck after surgery! In that regard I am having no issues with it now whatsoever. It really was mainly those obscure windows sliders/settings. however in combination with bending and lubing the shafts with different weights of synthetic dry and wet lubes I achieved what I whished. Indeed I too do bottom out but I swear I could not feel it. it is like an "air pillow" on this board the way it is set up. It has inner and outer O-rings that are super thin, different weights of dry and wet lubes as I mentioned and the shafts have the very slightest curve on them. al of this of course took me but hundreds of hours.

So, quite frankly at my age if new boards come out I am not sure I am up to it again anyhow. When I get really old, I mean like almost 100 I might be persuaded to sell this board for I have a number in my head of $150,000. Don't laugh either because rich people have spent much more money on much dumber things too. Is it actually worth that by any stretch? Of course not. you have to understand whom you are dealing with here too. Not only am I a nerd I am pretty much a real "nut" job. I am not dangerous or anything like that. Heck, I am usually not even impolite, unless provoked. I just have severe OCD. which is what prompted me to do something exactly like this in the first place. About not having it copied is called "paranoia". together I suppose they are called "mental illness". although I have never been diagnosed with anything other than being very annoying to others often times.

I am just trying to be nice and explain myself here. I do not mean to sound like a real jerk but I am so happy with my keyboard I made I am finally at peace with myself. I really cannot see doing it allover again. who knows though. let's wait until those puppies hit the shelves and then we wills see! I really cannot even predict what I, myself will do. however if it cannot fit the case that is it because I am not spending that on a case again. Unless of all things I can locate a fab in china! Ahh gotcha! no, seriously I don't care.  I admit I messed up big time to spend what I did on the case.

I would not be flattered if someone stole my hard work, I would be infuriated. anyhow, right now I am typing on an old DAS with cherry Blues. since That board is waiting for a new machine to be hooked up later. Well, since I fixed my missing register issue I am hitting over 160WPM with high 90-ish% accuracy. I think that is pretty good. of course I have a few years behind me at this. BTW, register I dig your avatar! Please try to be nice to me folks and don't antagonize me so this just never stops. let's just talk about something else as I have suggested many times already. many other people have many other threads you can go to! I do not see why this is of so much interest to anyone. please just forget about it. I  should have never opened my big mouth, not willing to post photo's. I admit that was my bad.  I can fully understand the "speculation" on others part but just look at my history. It should speak for itself by now. it culminated in this. I apologize to everyone here that I ever opened this can of worms. Peace.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 23:50:47 »
Stop with the trolling already.  This is an obvious lie...

Why would you have your case die cast?  There wouldn't be any advantage to that given you're making 1 of 1.  But it might be something someone would say if they're making it all up. 

Just stop...your silly made up reasons for not posting your keyboard..the crazy features you've apparently designed into it that don't make any logical sense...

I don't know if this is just an intentional troll...or a mental issue..but just stop..

Offline ihateregister

• I like cookies. Yum!
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 14:20:41 »
Stop with the trolling already.  This is an obvious lie...

Why would you have your case die cast?  There wouldn't be any advantage to that given you're making 1 of 1.  But it might be something someone would say if they're making it all up. 

Just stop...your silly made up reasons for not posting your keyboard..the crazy features you've apparently designed into it that don't make any logical sense...

I don't know if this is just an intentional troll...or a mental issue..but just stop..
I agree with you, die casting plastic... you might as well "one off" a all-aluminium case instead.. would probably be cheaper (and more durable) too.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 14:27:50 »
I work for Microsoft and I am strongly against copyright infringement. that is all.

This is what makes the post so obviously a troll lol

Otherwise quality bait tbh

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 15:39:48 »
Can we just delete this topic :-)
current
Coming soon

Offline typo

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 17:01:10 »
It is Titanium. Where did you folks lose me on that part? Having a one off from a greedy company to begin with, then requesting to witness the dies being destroyed... That is where the "bulk" of the money went. "Cherry" picked (no pun intended) from 3 GMK sets. Backplate was airbrushed with automotive bumper silicone "mirror black" paint. Custom fabbed Inner and outer O-rings to my specs. Completely custom reworked controller with LCD screen inset in case, 10 actuation points. Lubed to my liking with my "special recipe". Sliders precision bent exactly .0003MM to my liking. ……..

Hey it looks like we are all a bunch of crazies around here. Don't you folks have anything better to do the last 3+ years than continue to argue if this is "vaporware"? I did not even start this post to brag about my keyboard. I had a question about it malfunctioning which has since been resolved. No thanks to any of you, but myself as usual! Some of you really need a life, girlfriend, dog or something..... You think this keyboard is where it is at?

Yesterday I got a fully customized Xbox Elite Series 2 controller(release day). I am going to refrain from even posting about it in input devices, thus this may occur all over again. You folks sure take the bait good. As far as I know it is one of a kind. It says serial # 001/001 engraved on a plate on the back of it and on a sticker on the box. What extra can it do? Hmmm. Please, by all means, discuss among yourselves and do not forgot to call me a troll. Honestly though I smell more like an Ogre! You will know me, I am the one kicking your butt at Fortnite and every other game.

Don't even get me started on my computer that scores 132,000 on Passmark with 4x Xeon E7's. Or 3x Titan RT scoring 63,000. Yes, yes, keep discussing it.... I have my Kleenex ready! Or be somewhat sane and ignore my butt. I see it is all "newer" folks on here going at it. Anyone been here 20 years knows better. Whatever floats your boat. I love this! Oh yeah, thanks guys for helping me with the actual question I ever had here! I guess I can pat myself on the back for that one. None of you could troubleshot this anyways because none of you could build something like this in the first place!

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 18:24:38 »
Premium bait ++ :))
current
Coming soon

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 18:38:40 »
This is genuine, time invested, premium, gold tier, platinum tier bait. Quite possibly the best I've seen.

Offline rxc92

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 20:17:52 »
This is genuine, time invested, premium, gold tier, platinum tier bait. Quite possibly the best I've seen.

Freshly sourced, never-frozen organic Norwegian bait.

Offline typo

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 00:33:06 »
Cat-nip.