Author Topic: Looking for my first Artisan keycap!  (Read 8276 times)

Offline Ragsters

Looking for my first Artisan keycap!
« on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 10:35:47 »
Hello guys,

This is like my 4th or 5th post ever although I frequent this site a lot. I am currently looking for an artisan keycap to match my Hyperfuse Redux keycap set. Does anyone have or know where I can get something? Picture of my setup is attached.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Looking for my first Artisan keycap!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 05:40:29 »
Reddit mech market make a post about you wanting a Artisan for Hyperfuse.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Ragsters

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 09:17:37 »
Yey!!! That might mean I get something sooner than later. :thumb:

Offline Chronos___

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:44:28 »

These were from the dee-space set - I don't know how rare they are, but I think they would be a perfect fit for your board.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 16:22:31 »
Show Image

These were from the dee-space set - I don't know how rare they are, but I think they would be a perfect fit for your board.

Nice

Offline Ragsters

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 21:01:24 »
Show Image

I mean yeah, these look great. Problem is not the lack of artisan caps made, but the availability. I want to know where to get one.

Offline sublyme

• sublyme_keys
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 13:41:52 »
Show Image

I mean yeah, these look great. Problem is not the lack of artisan caps made, but the availability. I want to know where to get one.

These would not be very likely without strong trade fodder to offer up. Booper caps are pretty rare and are not often easy trades.

Offline Ragsters

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 08:39:55 »
Well..? I guess no luck. Why is this hobby so impossible.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 11:31:05 »
There isn't an easy answer for the question.

Approaching this in a way that seems entitled and not doing more research on your own won't get you anywhere.

Example:
Well..?

This hobby is not any more difficult information wise than another in the same popularity range.

You were answered with objectively the best answer here, literally in the first reply:
Reddit mech market make a post about you wanting a Artisan for Hyperfuse.

Other than this option you will want to frequent the artisans instagrams, threads here, r/mechmarket artisan/vendor tag.

Also if you are looking for someone to sell, trade, or gift you a cap, this is not the appropriate board for it. That would be a "Classifieds" post. If you don't yet have the post history to allow you to post here, interact with boards with real answers, and avoid posts like this, imo.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 November 2019, 11:34:21 by DALExSNAIL »

Offline Ragsters

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 11:21:48 »
Why are you speaking so loud? I have been trying to look for a Artisan cap to match my set for months now. I haven't had any luck so I thought I could get some help here. I don't want to join reddit. I thought this would be the best place to ask. I just want a link or maybe someone knows someone who has something.

Offline Straw

• NIEWB
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 11:41:27 »
Artisans are like treasure, you have to hunt them.
Im not super into them, there are only like 3 that i like and out of those i only LOVE one and there is no telling when it will be made again and so far no one that has one is coming off of it. It just is what it is, they are art not mass produced "click a link and buy 100 at once" items.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Ragsters

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 11:48:34 »
I am starting to understand that. Anyway, just bought one! I really like it but i am going to keep this thread open to help me find my unicorn. See attached:

Offline Straw

• NIEWB
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 11:50:21 »
Thats awesome. I was wondering if his lid flipped down or not. Cant wait to see it on the board.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 11:51:42 »
Well..? I guess no luck. Why is this hobby so impossible.
Why are you speaking so loud? I have been trying to look for a Artisan cap to match my set for months now. I haven't had any luck so I thought I could get some help here. I don't want to join reddit. I thought this would be the best place to ask. I just want a link or maybe someone knows someone who has something.

GH can be a place for threads like this, but you're going about it the wrong way, put it in the wrong place, & are acting slightly bratty about it to those trying to help. Which isn't gonna get you far in your search here or anywhere else. What you'll want to do is go to GH's Classifieds section https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=59.0, then select "New Topic" on the upper right of the page, then title your post something like "[WTB] Artisan keycap that matches GMK Hyperfuse Redux". Although you may have to get some more posts on here to be able to do that.

Also I get that you don't want to start a Reddit account, but unfortunately r/mechmarket https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/ is the preeminent second hand market for this hobby right now. So you may want to start a reddit account just to interact there.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 November 2019, 11:53:29 by Rob27shred »

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 21:33:58 »
I have been trying to look for a Artisan cap to match my set for months now. I haven't had any luck so I thought I could get some help here. I don't want to join reddit. I thought this would be the best place to ask. I just want a link or maybe someone knows someone who has something.

Sometimes it takes months, I recently got a cap I've been looking for after 20 months.

Reddit could probably help you out, mechmarket not r/mk.
Although since kitsune and ns90 aren't there anymore the mods over at mechmarket are all cheeks now.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Hows_the_YES!

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 20:42:46 »
hyperfuse!  FTW!!! ;D