Author Topic: What was your first keyboard?  (Read 43022 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Re: What was your first keyboard?
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 15:58:36 »
My first board was a Quickfire Rapid with MX Blues. I still miss that board, honestly.

I wish for MX blues. What happened to it. :(

What switches are in your K63? Reds? My best friend's got one with Cherry MX Reds, his first mechanical I believe. He got the Corsair itch from me. I recently modded a K65 with Kailh Box Navies, and replaced the wimpy mini usb connector with a GX12 aviator connector and custom cable, if you want to see my thread about it.

Once I replace the switches in any of my Cherry MX Blue boards with box thick clicks (maybe my Quickfire Rapid, coincidentally), I could maybe send you a set of MX Blues. I already have a bag full of reds, and one of blacks.

Yeah reds ):

Offline Maledicted

Re: What was your first keyboard?
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 11:05:01 »
Yeah reds ):

I have done a few more boards since then. I have at least one full-sized board worth of spare Cherry MX Blues, one 75% worth of brand new (2001-ish vintage) Cherry MX Blacks, and at least one TKL's worth of reds. I have some vintage blacks, but those literally have rust inside from the diodes that fell apart, and I may want to try to clean them and see if they're actually any smoother. If you ever want to gut a board with switches you don't prefer, such as reds, I could send a set.