Author Topic: Best mouse pad with integrated palm rest  (Read 5961 times)

Offline ironman31

Best mouse pad with integrated palm rest
« on: Sun, 13 June 2010, 17:48:51 »
I'm specifically looking for one where the pad is about as tough as the filco palm rest, but if there are any other suggestions for quality mouse pads with palm rests, let me know.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 June 2010, 19:05:36 »
Well aside from buying a wrest to add to the mouse pad. There's a few from razer that offer the mouse pad connected, I don't see too many higher end mouse pad combo wrest unless it's one of those cheaper office pads.

But I think it's too simple to say which one you should get. Problem is you didn't mention what kind of sensitivity you usually use? Low, Medium, high?

And preference cloth, glass, plastic etc.etc.? though at the same time those choices are usually tied to the sensitivity type.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 June 2010, 19:17:42 »
Well right now I'm using a Belkin with kind of a spongey pad, and a gel rest. I don't mind it, but I think I'd like the toughness of the filco for my mouse hand.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline n3rrd

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 June 2010, 22:43:16 »
Quote from: Arc'xer;192820
Well aside from buying a wrest to add to the mouse pad. There's a few from razer that offer the mouse pad connected, I don't see too many higher end mouse pad combo wrest unless it's one of those cheaper office pads.

But I think it's too simple to say which one you should get. Problem is you didn't mention what kind of sensitivity you usually use? Low, Medium, high?

And preference cloth, glass, plastic etc.etc.? though at the same time those choices are usually tied to the sensitivity type.

I've been using a Razer eXactmat for a few years now.  It's a big aluminum mouse pad and it comes with an arm rest... It's comfortable enough, but I have to remove it while gaming.  The gaming mouse pads are pricey, though.  And huge.  You will need to make sure you have space to accommodate them.

Offline typo

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 June 2010, 23:01:44 »
i find that those put pressure on my wrist and hurt me in the long run. i think it is best to keep your wrist level with the base of the mouse. this was told to me by a bone surgeon a long time ago.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 June 2010, 23:33:21 »

That's what I have now. The pad can be a lot shorter, too.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 June 2010, 23:39:43 by ironman31 »
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline lom

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 June 2010, 06:32:19 »

How about these, mate? Price is about $3-4 a piece with options like smoother surface (almost like a beach ball). Only reasons I don't go for it are "Made in China" origin and I never dig those Japanese anime.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 June 2010, 07:22:31 »
lol, nice. Not sure about my arm getting trapped in my mouse pad though
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 June 2010, 09:53:37 »
If money wasn't a concern, a good option would be a Filco Tenkeyless wrist rest and a large Steelseries mousepad.

Offline ironman31

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 28 June 2010, 12:02:39 »
i think desk space is more of an issue, I barely have room with my krk monitors cst and g5. I'm working on building shelves that hang for the mon itors, but until then I don't have m/uch more room than the belkin takes up now
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline ironman31

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 28 June 2010, 12:21:18 »
My dad would probably decapitate me I messed with his desk (its already got a slide out but its not very wide). And that desk isn't going anywhere. I could move out but how would I pay for my rapidly changing collections?
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices:

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 03 July 2010, 18:15:33 »
I see Ripster's still using a crappy Dell LCD. I bet my Samaung CRT's about 100 times better than that thing.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 03 July 2010, 20:18:56 »
It can actually handle higher resolutions than your LCD with higher refresh rates. And the power button doesn't break like it does on those LCD's.  And the signal connector in the monitor doesn't go bad after a few years, like it does in those cream cheese Dell LCD's.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline ironman31

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 03 July 2010, 20:30:42 »
cool
Keyboards:

Pointing Devices: