Author Topic: Hello from Quebec!  (Read 2813 times)

Offline perry4761

Hello from Quebec!
« on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 22:36:58 »
Hey guys!

My name is Perry, and I've loved mechs since I've first heard about them. Lately, I've been drooling on keyboards from group buys that I missed (not that I'd ever be able to afford them) such as the Satisfaction 75, the Bauer, any RAMA works or Keycult keyboard, the Canoe, any kb on zFrontier, etc. The Cajal caught my eye as a beautiful upcoming KB, but let's be real my girlfriend will kill me if she finds out I spent our rent on a keyboard, no matter how beautiful and awesome it is. I'll settle for buying the awesome Apollo keycaps with the matching deskmat for my current keyboard when the GB hits deskhero.

I currently own a Ducky One 2 mini with Cherry Mx Reds. I originally went with this board because of the great reviews, the cheap price (uni student wallet...) compared to the other options I liked (building my own, the Huntsman TE and the Steelseries Apex Pro). I went with Cherry MX Reds because it's what was on my family's first mechanical keyboard (also a ducky, year of the snake spacebar if that tells you anything about its age) back when my brothers and I shared a single computer. I was scared of spending 150$ on something I ultimately didn't like, even though there is definitely a key switch out there that would suit me better, so I went with what I knew. I don't like the idea of spending 30+$ and shipping and import duties on a tester just to find out what I like the best. Can't afford that. I would love a cheaper way to test Kailh Box Royals, Navies, Jades and Pinks, the Zilents, the Novelkey Creams, Gateron inks, the new upcoming Mito Lasers and maybe even some Holy Pandas or Topre/Topre BKE. It would suck to find out my absolute favorite switch, only to realise that I became too broke to put my dream switch in a damn keyboard :(

If there is anyone out there in my area, don't be shy! I'd be happy to hear about a local community!

Cheers,

Perry

Offline Adieu910

• Crazy about Typing
Re: Hello from Quebec!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 01:20:26 »
Welcome, Perry! You cant go wrong with Ducky. There are Montreal (mini) meetups from time to time where you can try out a bunch of switches. You can check it out on the Canadian Mechanical Keyboard discord.

Ducky One 2                   Klippe Alps64

Offline perry4761

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 02:17:51 »
Thanks, I'll look into it! :)

Got a link to that discord? I can't find it
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2020, 02:28:17 by perry4761 »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 19:02:00 »
Welcome, Perry. There are 9 switch Kailh Box testers on Amazon for just under $12 U.S., shipped, with Amazon Prime. That's the only tester I have purchased myself. I wish it had had pinks in it, but the consensus seems to be that jades and navies are better anyway, for clickies.

Offline perry4761

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 13:19:21 »
Thanks for the heads-up! I'll take a look  :D

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 13:07:08 »
Thanks for the heads-up! I'll take a look  :D

No problem. I think you'll like them.

Жизнь с запущенным раком простаты может быть подавляющей. Важно понимать как болезнь, так и ваше лечение, чтобы вы могли принимать активное участие в принятии решений о вашем лечении.
Если уровень простат-специфического антигена (ПСА) постоянно повышается во время лечения, которое снижает уровень тестостерона, это может означать, что ваш рак простаты прогрессирует. Прогрессирование означает, что рак ухудшается или распространяется.

Когда это произойдет, ваше лечение может измениться. Вот почему ваш врач может назначить XTANDI - лечение, которое может помочь замедлить прогрессирование.

Mod edit: nope!

Welcome ... android from the future. Do you come in peace?
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 February 2020, 22:28:25 by user 18 »