Author Topic: Hello from Boston!  (Read 1607 times)

Offline magicrobots

• Magic Robots
Hello from Boston!
« on: Thu, 23 January 2020, 19:56:02 »
Hello y'all!
I've been a nerd forever, but am new to the world of custom and fancy pants keyboards.
I'm currently loving my Leopold FC660C (I got two just in case) and have begun the process of ordering a custom Heavy-6 Monolith case for it from Mr. Norbauer, as well as a cute 3D printed red pixelated heart for my escape key.

I love the idea of building my own keyboard from scratch, I feel like it's akin to a Padawan building a lightsaber as they grow into a Jedi. However, I can't imagine a better layout for my use than the FC660C, so I don't see myself diving too deeply into that hole since there don't seem to be a lot of options in that direction. .. .unless I'm missing something. Always happy to feed a new addiction.

Happy to be here!

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hello from Boston!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 13:17:55 »
Welcome, magicrobots. That's a cool case you mentioned. If you like keyboards with ... mass, you might want to look at Ellipse's new production Model F keyboards as well. Capacitive buckling spring is fantastic.

Offline magicrobots

• Magic Robots
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 11:52:05 »
Thanks for the recommendation, I've seen that board it looks very interesting!
I have two FC660Cs, I think I'm going also to experiment with switching the sliders out on one to MX compatible and see how that goes.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 12:01:02 »
Those are interesting looking boards. I have never owned a Leopold board, much less even felt Topre before. One of these days. Goodluck on that conversion. You would think Cherry stems would be a universal standard by now.