Author Topic: [IC] KAT Ice Dragon  (Read 11119 times)

Offline driftingbunnies

[IC] KAT Ice Dragon
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 10:33:10 »
personally, after looking at many sets, I think ergo user (and to some extent, 40's/ortho) are the type of users that like to mess up with their layout to find the "best" way.
that makes a lot of these common legends are incorrect to use which can be kind of annoying.
this also applies to 65% users with the rightmost column, but usually it can be covered with novelties.

so if possible, i do like the idea of having a custom, semi-nonsense, icon like Atlantis / Godspeed.
This move can also reduce the number of keys per set which will help in reducing the total cost (since apparently, ergo kit for KAT sets are increasing for each release).
that being said, i do like the very clean, simple default icons.

While I understand what youíre saying, I think blank mods make more sense than middle of the road mods that donít really make sense for anyone. Iím indifferent but since Iíve already put the effort into including the legends, Iíll probably leave it unless people really prefer blank mods.

Offline YMwoo

Re: [IC] KAT Ice Dragon
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 11:48:49 »
While I understand what youíre saying, I think blank mods make more sense than middle of the road mods that donít really make sense for anyone. Iím indifferent but since Iíve already put the effort into including the legends, Iíll probably leave it unless people really prefer blank mods.
Yep, it's totally cool. Either way, I'm still interested in the kit.
Just putting it out there to consider.
Hoping the kit price will be okay though.

Offline thedavefulton

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 17:54:34 »
*sigh* Dude, come on! I wasn't gonna buy any more keycaps for awhile  :mad:

I really dig this colorway! My only note/request would be that the icons are a bit plain for my taste. While they look perfectly nice, I would hope for something a bit more... designy? Is that super helpful?  :D

Seriously though, I'd point you to the last two sets I picked up (KAT Milkshake and Eternal) as examples of what I mean. I understand that a major redesign may be unrealistic but could I suggest expanding the novelties a bit? Perhaps just enough for an HHKB layout? *subtle wink*

Regardless I think you've got me for 2 or 3 kits ;D

Appreciate the feedback. I'm not really an illustrator so I wanted to keep the icons easy for keyreative to use. These are the same icon mods that OCM created for the KAT WoB. Personally I'm still hesitant in keyreative's ability considering that they've delivered one set as of today so I kept fonts and icons as default as they can be.

Agreed with ^^.

Set looks bomb, novelties could use work...

Appreciate the feedback. I'm not sure what other novelties might work, any suggestions?

Well, that all sounds reasonable enough. I wish I had some ideas for ya, but my role is more "oooh, that looks neat; I'd like to trade you this money for that thing." And like I said, I don't think they look bad by any means :).

Offline julianlamme

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 18:41:16 »
Loving these novelties.

Offline driftingbunnies

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 21:47:02 »
Just a quick update for those waiting, zFrontier told me I should be able to get quotes on kits this week. I'm not holding my breath on that but hopefully should get an idea soon. With regards to samples, the ones zFrontier received were messed up so they're redoing them.

I've also started the process of commissioning a deskmat and more renders so that's on the horizon. I'm not looking to changing any of the kits unless there's a glaring issue with any of them like a missing key. I also don't have any new novelty ideas so if there's something you would like to see, please let me know and I'll see if it makes sense with the kit.

Thanks everyone!