Author Topic: Lilac Tactile Switchs (cannonkeys)  (Read 6279 times)

Offline abbabon

• I’ve got 99 Zilents and a THOCK ain’t one
    • I make “video games” with all these keyboards
Lilac Tactile Switchs (cannonkeys)
« on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 10:39:06 »
These just went up for sale:

https://cannonkeys.com/collections/featured/products/lilac-tactile-switch-10

Does anyone know anything about these? How is the tactility, sound, who produces these, should they be lubed, or any random thought?

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
Re: Lilac Tactile Switchs (cannonkeys)
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 12:00:09 »
They are Durock switches like Alpaca linears, T1 tactiles and so on and so forth.

Linears are pretty smooth like vintage blacks or Gateron inks, tactiles have a short and brisk bump up top with little pre-travel.

They do exhibit a "pop" sound on the upstroke and should be switch filmed as the tops are a bit loose, at least from my experience with Durock switches in the past few months.

Offline Henrythewound

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 13:09:31 »
Also for sale at projectkeyboard.com no idea if they are affiliated.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 13:25:40 »
But ... are they T1's who are "smoother" because they are T1's made with Nylon housings (as opposed to polycarb), or are they different in some way?
🍉

Offline upas

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 14:30:55 »
These are Durock produced tactiles similar to T1s, except they have a nylon housing which means they’ll feel different and sound different. The differences will probably be slight.

ProjectKeyboard and I worked together so we could offer these as in stock as opposed to having to run a group buy, have a long waiting period, etc. but we are separate entities that happen to work together sometimes.

I’d recommend lubing them - it’s not necessary but never hurts.

To me, the colors are nice too.

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 February 2020, 14:33:34 by upas »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 05:22:49 »
ooo new switch

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 07:53:42 »
These are Durock produced tactiles similar to T1s, except they have a nylon housing which means they’ll feel different and sound different. The differences will probably be slight.
There are already "Durock T1" with Nylon bottom housings and polycarb top housing.

Do you mean that both top and bottom are Nylon?
That shouldn't make any difference from other Durock T1 with nylon bottoms because the rails are not in the top but in the bottom.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 February 2020, 07:55:14 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline Tequila_Heineken

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 15:10:47 »
I think the T1 was always nylon bottom, just the difference might be opaque nylon rather than transparent. It's actually rare to have switches with a PC bottom, Outemu Ice was iirc. Also I'm pretty sure switching from PC to nylon would require different molds altogether because they cool differently.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 15:51:33 »
Don't know if they are the same as the recent Koala tactiles, but if they are, here's my take vs T1s.  T1s have a nice, medium, rounded bump.  They remind me of a more rounded Zealio V2.  (less of a hump to overcome at the top).  Koalas, and I assume these new tactiles in nylon housings, are somewhere between a Zealio V2 and a Holy Panda in terms of tactility.  I don't know why they are different, but they are, indeed.  Even with the same spring and filmed.  So, if you like lighter tactility, go with T1s.  If you like higher tactility, go with these.

However, they all need films.  Same for linears.  My personal pick is stock T1s with films and Koalas with 72-80g springs + films.   Haven't found a bad durock switch yet, keeping in mind the extra time and expense for having to add films to all of them.

Offline ndimare

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 18:03:39 »
I'm slowly getting into this hobby and am acquiring parts for my first build. I ordered 10 of these and just got them today and am now in quite a dilemma. I have experience typing on all the standard cherry switches and currently use a ducky one 2 tkl with cherry browns and I've used enough to know that I'm definitely a tactile switch guy. I've pretty much been set on trying to get some holy pandas but decided to try these out in case I never got the opportunity to buy holy pandas. The Lilacs are miles ahead of cherry browns and clears in both tactility and smoothness unlubed, so I'm currently trying to decide if I get a full set of these lilacs and stick with something I know I like, or going for the holy pandas that just got put up on drop last night that seems to be called "the best tactile switch" from everyone that uses them.

Any advice?

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 13:44:04 »
I don't like holy pandas. The tactility is good but the harsh bottom out due to the stem being too long for the YOK housing was a turn off for me.

Offline mlev6

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 07:01:03 »
I don't like holy pandas. The tactility is good but the harsh bottom out due to the stem being too long for the YOK housing was a turn off for me.

if bottom out on pandas is too hard, you put the things on qmx / gmk clip dampeners.

if that reduces the travel time too much for you can raise the keycaps up on the stems a bit using your choice material of how hard you want it to be...plastic (default) like the stem, hard rubber/band *medium) or some type of thin layer of foam (soft).

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 08:37:03 »
There are those who snip off the ends off their Halo stems to avoid bottoming out early, when put into a Yok housing.
🍉