Author Topic: Scythe Foot Switches  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Eclairz

Scythe Foot Switches
« on: Thu, 24 June 2010, 03:19:08 »
Scythe brought out some neat USB foot switches, coming in 1, 2 or 3 Pedals.

http://www.techpowerup.com/125146/Scythe_Announces_USB_Foot_Switch_Product_Lines.html

Scythe are starting to diversify they mainly created cpu/gpu coolers, but they've been expanding to other niches like audio amplifiers
Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard
RealForce 45g UK 88UB
FILCO Majestouch TenKeyPad

Offline Eclairz

Scythe Foot Switches
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 June 2010, 10:27:44 »
Thats probably because the arcade buttons have such a short stroke compared to old secretary footpedals which had a long stroke and a clearer actuation point. Also too many, secretaries only use 1 or 2 or 3 pedals, only one pedal is probably enough to make enough macros with (start with the basics and move to more advanced as needed).
I used to use a logitech steering wheel's pedal's to create special macros, but you had to plug in the wheel and the resistance was too high, which is why i didn't continue to use it.

But heavy text entering require fewer special characters than they used to, due to better programming.

If i'm honest I don't even know if there is a market for something like this? Scythe seem to appeal to the gaming/hardcore community, so maybe they will market it towards gamers wanting a macro key without letting their hand leave the homerow/WASD section.
Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard
RealForce 45g UK 88UB
FILCO Majestouch TenKeyPad