Author Topic: [IC] GMK ██████████ REDACTED | Final Kits Announced | Groupbuy starts May 6th  (Read 59177 times)

Offline Tyson

hell yeah, although SCP rama was a missed opportunity.

Isn't SCP Copywritten? You would need to get permission to use the logo in the first place, rama typically doesn't deal with stuff like that. Plus this sent is more about in the tone of real govt redaction's where as SCP is fictional so it wouldn't really fit the theme that they are going with.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

First GMK set to have a 3u spacebar?

Offline wencan008

From my understanding, the Clearance kit has the proper legends underneath the redactions. I'm assuming that isn't the case for the Eyes Only kit, and so what legends are underneath the redactions for the Eyes Only kit?

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
From my understanding, the Clearance kit has the proper legends underneath the redactions. I'm assuming that isn't the case for the Eyes Only kit, and so what legends are underneath the redactions for the Eyes Only kit?

Eyes Only kit has no legends underneath.

1. The keys are not meant for any specific place
2. It was much cheaper and was the only way to make the kit affordable enough to run.

Offline NMZS

Am i reading the spreadsheet correctly that ISO-DE is covered (partly literally :P) for up to 65% with the base kit + eyes only? Looking at things, TKL should be fine, too. Sweet, looking like a must buy for me and I'm loving the Deskmats as well.

Offline Hellenic94

E-white 7v here we goooooo!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr

Could you elaborate?

See below post:
An SCP logo novelty would be so rad!
(Attachment Link)

I said the same thing when I first saw this set on stream. An SCP logo novelty would be great (although, yours is upside down in the pic). It should look like this:

Show Image

Vector available here: (Attachment Link)

The SCP Foundation is basically the internet's largest collection of ████████. Agreed that it's a missed opportunity.

Offline roznalos

I’m in. Base + Novelties + Rama!

Offline Starston3

Could you elaborate?

See below post:
An SCP logo novelty would be so rad!
(Attachment Link)

I said the same thing when I first saw this set on stream. An SCP logo novelty would be great (although, yours is upside down in the pic). It should look like this:

Show Image

Vector available here:* Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 4.30.43 PM.png (437.72 kB. 1510x1480 - viewed 127 times.)

The SCP Foundation is basically the internet's largest collection of ████████. Agreed that it's a missed opportunity.

Could be mistaken but their Licensing Guide is pretty clear as not to use their logo to sell something not under CC-BY-SA.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Could be mistaken but their Licensing Guide is pretty clear as not to use their logo to sell something not under CC-BY-SA.

In short, SCP-173 ≠ the SCP Foundation; the highlighted passage only applies to this image of SCP-173. The Foundation logo itself is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0. However, I'm not sure how the ShareAlike clause would figure into the whole making an aluminum keycap equation. I guess Rama would have to release the design file for this particular novelty in that case?

Offline NoxNoxNox

SCP would have been a really slick tie in for this. 

Offline wencan008

2. It was much cheaper and was the only way to make the kit affordable enough to run.

Good to hear. Wasn't expecting them to be specific and actually glad to hear that there's nothing underneath, don't have to worry about wearing off the pad printing to reveal a wrong legend.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

In short, SCP-173 ≠ the SCP Foundation; the highlighted passage only applies to this image of SCP-173. The Foundation logo itself is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0. However, I'm not sure how the ShareAlike clause would figure into the whole making an aluminum keycap equation. I guess Rama would have to release the design file for this particular novelty in that case?

ianal, but afaik under US law it would be illegal to use the logo without express consent

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dvorcol

• Discord: dvorcol_5071

All alternative layouts need two redacted homing keys, since F & J homing are not redacted.  Can you add a second homing key to the Eyes Only kit?

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
Lol a small part of my job before was checking proper classification on documents and auditing if people searched things outside of their proper networks.
This is fun.
People should check out GWU's National Security Archive site for a bunch of redacted, declassified documents. They organize it well by topic and chronology with explanations on context.
NSA

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype

All alternative layouts need two redacted homing keys, since F & J homing are not redacted.  Can you add a second homing key to the Eyes Only kit?

We are only guaranteeing all alternate layouts listed up to 65%, so you would use the numpad 5 barred homing key for your second alternate homing key.

Offline jooobe

Here I go spending money again, thanks a lot Mr Dixie

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Offline KRY2SOON

• Divine Studios

Offline dvorcol

• Discord: dvorcol_5071

We are only guaranteeing all alternate layouts listed up to 65%, so you would use the numpad 5 barred homing key for your second alternate homing key.

Well it's awesome that Redacted will have some alternative layout support.  I know it's difficult to justify niche support for GMK sets, given GMK's kit costing methodology.

GLWGB!

Offline KeepCalm27

I am in!!! This is crazy!!!

Offline Hellenic94

how white are the keycaps? ws1 or ws2?

Offline Tyson

The base color isn't white it's 2M light Grey

Offline Shutter_Shock

The base color isn't white it's 2M light Grey

Do we anticipate the e-white RAMA cap being lighter than the rest of the set then?

Offline Carcha

Big fan of the Eyes Only kit. Order placed. <3