Author Topic: [IC] KAT Hyperfuse Origins - GB is Live in EU & Asian - NA soon  (Read 59181 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] KAT Hyperfuse Origins
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 04:06:18 »
Hello hello!

I hope everyone is doing fine and you are all safe at home!

This has been taking a little while longer than I expected but I'm redoing all the kit images and to better reflect what the end product will be (bear with me - I suck at Illustrator) and I've been taking feedback for some of the more difficult kits for me to understand (cough ergo cough), I should have an update for you guys this weekend with all the kits :)

Thanks for the support thus far!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 08:34:55 »
Great to hear, I'll be ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 21:43:17 »
I gotta wonder why going with an "international" kit, given this set is to be run in the KAT profile, and seems to be mixing what other sets have had as "North" and "South" kits. I've also noticed a few mistakes in this kit and others; what's the exact list of national layouts that is meant to be supported?.

I also noticed the international kit is the same as the one in KAT Iron, down to the same errors. Same flawed source, surely.

Offline honoka

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 08:31:40 »
real talk. it's kind of offensive that bunnylake gave you permission and also in some way helped out with this set while not finishing his own gmk run of it of 5 years.

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 10:20:38 »
I would also like to see separate icons kits for Ortho and 40s. Also, would it be possible to get some accent caps in the ortho kit or have some 1u enter caps in the accent kits?

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 10:22:22 »
I gotta wonder why going with an "international" kit, given this set is to be run in the KAT profile, and seems to be mixing what other sets have had as "North" and "South" kits. I've also noticed a few mistakes in this kit and others; what's the exact list of national layouts that is meant to be supported?.

I also noticed the international kit is the same as the one in KAT Iron, down to the same errors. Same flawed source, surely.

I'm not op or associated with this but this is my two cents.

I don't use international kits nor do I know the least bit about them so I've outsourced to other sets for reference. I had the help of Eskimojo and an entire IC to somewhat understand the two kits as I've never seen them before until KAT rolled around. This includes the French kit as well.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 11:09:58 »
I would also like to see separate icons kits for Ortho and 40s. Also, would it be possible to get some accent caps in the ortho kit or have some 1u enter caps in the accent kits?

These will be added in the next update (coming soon!) :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
[IC] KAT Hyperfuse Origins - Huge kits update!
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 05:30:46 »
Hello everyone!

First and foremost, thank you for your patience :D I updated all the kits images and a whole bunch of kits according to most of the feedback I've been getting! Hopefully you're all happy with the changes :)

Here are all the kits - still working on a novelty kit :

Alphas

Modifiers

Accent

Numpad

Spacebars

ISO

International

French kit

Colevrak

CMD

40s

Ortho

Ergo
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 April 2020, 07:57:54 by JSaintS »

Offline stoffelduss

Re: [IC] KAT Hyperfuse Origins - Huge kits update!
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 05:56:19 »
Great update! Did you order samples already?

The only thing I could say about the kits is that I think a QWRTY row "Ctrl" key in the Ortho kit seems a bit useless, I've never seen someone use that key. You could save the environment and produce less plastic by dropping that key ;) , or you could replace it with something more useful like Fn for the ASDF row or Hyper for the bottom row or something like that.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 06:19:52 »
Great update! Did you order samples already?

The only thing I could say about the kits is that I think a QWRTY row "Ctrl" key in the Ortho kit seems a bit useless, I've never seen someone use that key. You could save the environment and produce less plastic by dropping that key ;) , or you could replace it with something more useful like Fn for the ASDF row or Hyper for the bottom row or something like that.

Thanks for the comment, I'll try and look into it as Ortho (along 40s and ortho) is an obscure layout for me :P

Regarding the samples: we did send samples to zFrontier so they can get keyreative to match the colors of previous HFO GBs but I do not think those samples have made it to zFrontier yet, most likely because of Corona. I'll make sure to update with pics once that is done, of course :)

Offline voelzmo

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 06:40:36 »
Nice update, thanks!

The updated alphas seems to have a broken link, though (https://i.imgur.com/JH0f2NV.png)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 06:53:17 »
Nice update, thanks!

The updated alphas seems to have a broken link, though (https://i.imgur.com/JH0f2NV.png)

I corrected that, my bad :D

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 07:37:36 »

Alphas
Show Image

The (alpha-colored) R4 \| keycap is missing, for split Backspace support.

Now, if you intentionally omitted it because you don't want to support that (or because you want to force the usage of the mod-colored one), then...

International
Show Image

... you absolutely need to add the (alpha-colored) R4 \| keycap in the South kit, as it's required for the Italian and Portuguese (Portugal) layouts.

I'll check the international kits in full detail later, but I don't expect any errors to show up there.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 07:45:05 »

Alphas
Show Image

Now, if you intentionally omitted it because you don't want to support that (or because you want to force the usage of the mod-colored one), then...

It was present in the first version of the kit and I forgot it here, it will be added.

Just something I wanted to say, don't take this the wrong way, but you sound really harsh when you comment - not saying it because you commented here with criticisms or anything or the sort as I do like feedback, but I've thought that when seeing you comment on other posts. A comment is both form and content and whilst your content is on point, your form is really... let's say it could be improved :)

International
Show Image
Show Image

... you absolutely need to add the (alpha-colored) R4 \| keycap in the South kit, as it's required for the Italian and Portuguese (Portugal) layouts.

I'll check the "international" kits later, but I don't expect any errors to show up there.

I assume adding that key back to the alpha kit negates your comment here, but please let me know if I'm wrong :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 07:48:47 »

Alphas
Show Image

It was present in the first version of the kit and I forgot it here, it will be added.

Just something I wanted to say, don't take this the wrong way, but you sound really harsh when you comment - not saying it because you commented here with criticisms or anything or the sort as I do like feedback, but I've thought that when seeing you comment on other posts. A comment is both form and content and whilst your content is on point, your form is really... let's say it could be improved :)

International
Show Image
Show Image

I'll check the "international" kits later, but I don't expect any errors to show up there.

I assume adding that key back to the alpha kit negates your comment here, but please let me know if I'm wrong :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

Yes, if you add the missing keycap back to the base kit, then the South kit doesn't need it as well.

Now, lemme tell you about the R4 #~ keycap in the "ISO" kit...  ;)

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 07:54:39 »

That's something I've always had to deal with (sometimes I do better, sometimes I do worse).

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 07:59:39 »

Perfect, the kit has been updated :)

What R4 #~ keycap?!

That one?

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 08:13:54 »

What R4 #~ keycap?!

That one?
Show Image

Uuuuh... it's the other way around (and make sure to ask Brits if they actually want it!)

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 08:45:38 »
Thanks, I'm looking forward to your 40s kit! Definitely needed for my staggered 40s

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 08:46:55 »

Good catch! I think it got swapped around with the mod colored R4 \| in the mod kits. That one will probably need to be removed.

What R4 #~ keycap?!

That one?
Show Image

Uuuuh... it's the other way around (and make sure to ask Brits if they actually want it!)

Is that key supposed to be for split backspace as well? If so, it's not necessary since there isn't a 1u Backspace in the mods, and using ANSI Enter in order to accommodate 1.5u Backspace kind of defeats the purpose of an ISO kit.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 April 2020, 09:04:45 by konstantin »

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 14:21:29 »
Personally, I don't see a problem with supporting ANSI Enter with split backspace for traditionally ISO layouts. Why not keep that key?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:15:28 »
Personally, I don't see a problem with supporting ANSI Enter with split backspace for traditionally ISO layouts. Why not keep that key?

ANSI Enter with split Backspace is supported and you can use it with any layout you'd like. However, adding extra alpha keys for every possible language and layout combination is not a good idea because it would quickly result in the kit sizes exploding (in this case, between 12 and 37 extra keys would have to be added to support every such combination), for something that would benefit a very small number of users.

Offline Stanley.Bishop

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 05:18:44 »
For some reason I always found this colourway perfect match for Drop alt board. I need it :)

Offline Vireca

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:27:33 »
Thanks for the updated kits and thanks because you added two 2u spacebars and two 1,5u spacebars for the ergo users :D

Offline KMPLSV

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 05:47:45 »
so wait....is the GB over?

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 06:08:33 »
Nope, hasn't started and will not start very soon. First they'll receive and review samples, finalize kits, announce prices and announce a GB date, and I think none of that happened yet, so the GB is weeks or months away still.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 06:11:27 »
Nope, hasn't started and will not start very soon. First they'll receive and review samples, announce vendors, finalize kits and announce a GB date, and I think none of that happened yet, so the GB is weeks or months away still.

Correct for the most part except that vendors have been announced (Originative, Mykeyboard and zFrontier) :-) for the rest I’m still working on a special alpha kit and on novelties and waiting on zfrontier to get the samples we sent so they could colormatch :-)

I’ll try to have the last kits up today/tomorrow :-)

Thanks for the support guys! Keep the feedback going, I’ll post a form with the next update so I’m sure not to miss anything :-)

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 08:03:28 »
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is doing fine and had an amazing saturday :) Thank you for the incredible feedback I've been getting both here and on Discord, here are the answers to most/all comments here:

Actually, the new HFO GMK run on Oco is Icon Mods.

My bad on this - when you click on the link on Oco, it shows a pics with both icon and text modifiers ^^

Please add another b in spacekit
;)
Show Image

Something I've always liked about many of the other Hyperfuse sets (SA, DSA and JTK) was that the Purple and Teal accent keys came in the base kit. While it's nice to see so many different accent keys, why are these split in to different kits?

Others might not agree, but I'd rather see one accent kit with both colours even if the amount of keys is cut down. Buying a Purple and Teal accent kit looks like it will result in a lot of unused keys.

Unfortunately this is unlikely to change - the beauty of KAT is that there is no MOQ per kit as long as the general MOQ is hit so I will not merge both kits or include them in the core modifiers kit. My goal is to keep it as flexible as possible and as cheap as possible for a majority of people - yes, if you want both accent kits you'll end up with unused keys, but is likely to be the case with any potential solutions. What I will do, however, is remove the "hyper" and "fuse" keys to put them in the novelties kits once those are done which would lower even further the price of the accent kits and the potential number of unused keys for those getting the accent kits :)

Would really love to see some more bold-sided alpha legends. This looks great as is but thin legends have always been kind of a turn-off to me.

I'll echo this. Not Cyberspace bold, but def. a little bit thicker than the renders show.

I agree. Thin font ldoes not look good. Something as thick as SA legends usually are would be good enough I think.

I discussed this with Manzel who did the render and it turns out that the font used on those renders is .5mm thick instead of the .6mm used by keyreative for KAT Alpha. I want to make clear that the end result will match KAT Alpha/Oasis/Eternal/Atlantis, etc. as they all use .6mm so the font will indeed be a little thicker than on these renders :)

A few things I notice

- Icon mods looks really inconsistent. If you want to offer icon mods at least make then look the same. That shift icon looks weird and the diamond icon looks so big. I think you should make the icons like other KAT sets, look at KAT WoB for example

- Same with the text, there is something really weird. Maybe it needs to be bolder or something, idk. Also, I dont thing that type of font match with KAT sets, yet all the KAT and SA keysets have it. A custom text would be better imo. This is a legendary keyset, it should need more love

- Ortho/40s. I think you should add icons to them too

- Accents icons shouldnt have text keys. At the end it is an icon set, right?

I will go point by point:

1/ Did you mean inconsistent base off of the kit images? If so, that's totally my fault as I did those on photoshop, my bad - I'll make sure to redo them on illustrator so they look better and more consistent and I'll definitely look into the icons again to streamline everything (size, thickness, etc.) If you mean inconsistent in term of the icon itself, shift was made to match caps lock and caps lock was made like this because I wanted a more modern version of what the key does, it is essentially a locked shift (the little bar under the triangle is reused for scroll lock and for num lock). The SYS key (diamond key) can be resized to make it smaller - I did not think it was too big, but I can see what can be done. As a matter of fact, on the 19x render, it is smaller and more in line with the other icons, it's really my kit picture that makes it look bigger.
   1.1/ I made something different than other sets on purpose, I wanted this to be my take on it and hopefully improve a couple of those keys based off of my personal taste and what I have seen from other members online.

2/ I myself really like the font used, it will be a little thicker of course, but I really like it - not sure if you're implying (with the "it should need more love" line) that I quickly through this together and called it a day, but it's not the case - I love hyperfuse and that is not something I want to do lightly.

3/ I already mentioned above that I was going to look into a 40s icon kit and I'll add that I'll definitely look into an ortho icon kit as well :)

4/ I said it above, these keys will be moved to the novelties kits when those are ready. That said, I don't agree with you - I don't force icons on anyone, that is why there is a text modifiers kit. This is a set in which you can either get text or icons and is in no way an "icon set" :)

I think the icons in the kit pics are not to scale, since there are sizing inconsistencies, as you mentioned (also with the different arrows, for example). The renders ought to be more accurate.

Indeed - as I discussed with you on discord, those were made by me on Photoshop but icons will be consistent in size, 100%

Would appreciate the addition of a 2u shift.

;)
Show Image

I've already updated some text kits (40s, ortho, modifiers), icon kits will follow as soon as I'm done checking the icons and redoing the pictures :)
Appreciate the changes!
Any chance we can add 6.25 and 7u purple and teal spacebars to accent kits? Similar to the JTK spacebars?

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk
Have you considered this?

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 09:59:53 »
Nope, hasn't started and will not start very soon. First they'll receive and review samples, announce vendors, finalize kits and announce a GB date, and I think none of that happened yet, so the GB is weeks or months away still.

Correct for the most part except that vendors have been announced (Originative, Mykeyboard and zFrontier) :-) for the rest I’m still working on a special alpha kit and on novelties and waiting on zfrontier to get the samples we sent so they could colormatch :-)

I’ll try to have the last kits up today/tomorrow :-)

Thanks for the support guys! Keep the feedback going, I’ll post a form with the next update so I’m sure not to miss anything :-)
Any chance teal and purple spacebars could be added to the spacebars kit or a separate kit?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 13:41:13 »
Howdy everyone!

I'm sorry for the delay, I know I promised these for the weekend but I've had a couple of unforeseen personal matters to take care of. With that said, here is the latest update for KAT HFO!

changelog:
  • New Alpha kit
  • New Novelty kit
  • Updated Accent kits
  • New spacebar kits

Google Form for Feedback

Alphas

One of the biggest addition to this update is the "Ancients" alphas, called like that in homage of the ancient race of the Stargate universe (SG1, SGA, SGU).
I decided to use the glyphs from the Destiny Spaceship as they represent abstract mathematical symbols and decided to apply them to each letter according to their order of appearance (1st symbol -> A, 2nd -> B, etc.)

Novelties

explanation for the novelties:
More

Updated Accent kits

Spacebars

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:18:51 by JSaintS »

Offline Top Right Logo

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 14:49:41 »
Love the ancient alphas, can't wait to see these on boards!

Offline f1

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 14:55:56 »
Looking forward to the GB. LOVING the colors

Sent from my smartphone which I have. Case, charger and everything.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 14:55:57 »
Well, I'm kinda mixed on these new kits; by that, I feel it's a complete deviation of the og keyset's origination, the "hyperfuse" nike sneaker. Now, my next question is are all these kits going to lead to a major price increase come GB time?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:06:40 »
Well, I'm kinda mixed on these new kits; by that, I feel it's a complete deviation of the og keyset's origination, the "hyperfuse" nike sneaker. Now, my next question is are all these kits going to lead to a major price increase come GB time?

From my conversations with Bunny, I got that the name of the keyset was taken from the hyperfuse nike sneaker, but not the set - when I discussed with him about novelties he mentioned he had something either futuristic or manga oriented iirc, but we have enough of the latter in the hobby imo (not that those are bad, I love them, but there is plenty to chose from). I always had something futuristic in mind when reading the name of the set and I am pretty happy with the novelties/new alpha kit - I know this is not for everyone, but I wanted to try something new :)

As for the kits, having that many means a ton of flexibility which is always great. If you want the same as the OG hyperfuse, I assume that would set you back roughly the same amount - if you got Alpha + modifiers + calculus + accent + novelties for KAT Oasis, that was $136.95 and from what I saw in the sale numbers, not that many people were getting the calculus kit so that would be $114.96 (those are Oasis prices, I don't have Hyperfuse prices yet, but I wanted to give you an idea). All in all, you shouldn't be worried about pricing :)

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:14:59 »
Howdy everyone!

I'm sorry for the delay, I know I promised these for the weekend but I've had a couple of unforeseen personal matters to take care of. With that said, here is the latest update for KAT HFO!

changelog:
  • New Alpha kit
  • New Novelty kit
  • Updated Accent kits
  • New spacebar kits

Google Form for Feedback

Alphas
Show Image

One of the biggest addition to this update is the "Ancients" alphas, called like that in homage of the ancient race of the Stargate universe (SG1, SGA, SGU).
I decided to use the glyphs from the Destiny Spaceship as they represent abstract mathematical symbols and decided to apply them to each letter according to their order of appearance (1st symbol -> A, 2nd -> B, etc.)

Novelties
Show Image

More
Show Image

Updated Accent kits
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Spacebars
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image
Thanks for the space kits, but they seem massive and would be very expensive I assume. Maybe you could have one with teal and purple with 4 bars 6.25/7u for standard users?

If not I understand :)

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:33:14 »
Howdy everyone!

changelog:
  • New Alpha kit
  • New Novelty kit
  • Updated Accent kits
  • New spacebar kits

Google Form for Feedback

Alphas
Show Image

Novelties
Show Image

More
Show Image

Updated Accent kits
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Spacebars
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image
Thanks for the space kits, but they seem massive and would be very expensive I assume. Maybe you could have one with teal and purple with 4 bars 6.25/7u for standard users?

If not I understand :)

Spacebar kits are usually not expensive for KAT.

Perhaps looking at sub 22-25USD for it.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:34:59 »
Howdy everyone!

changelog:
  • New Alpha kit
  • New Novelty kit
  • Updated Accent kits
  • New spacebar kits

Google Form for Feedback

Alphas
Show Image

Novelties
Show Image

More
Show Image

Updated Accent kits
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Spacebars
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image
If I just want teal and purple spacebars of 6.25 and 7u I am potentially paying 40-45$ for bars according to your quote. :(

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:41:17 »
[mention]JSaintS [/mention]
Thanks for your response, I'm a 40% to 50% user, so I believe I will pick up 2 40s kits, & at least 2 different alpha kits. W/ that said, who know I may give some of your new kits a try too. Just figured I'd mention what was on my mind. Since you said the prices are going to be fine. I'll be in for the set. Again, thanks for your response, & hope you have a great one!

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 16:39:43 »
I don’t understand the Stargate connection. And I really dislike the novelties kit is full of Stargate themed keys that I’d have to buy to get the Hyper & Fuse keys.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 17:10:15 »
I don’t understand the Stargate connection. And I really dislike the novelties kit is full of Stargate themed keys that I’d have to buy to get the Hyper & Fuse keys.

Stargate is the idea/universe I decided to visit when thinking about space travel/hyperdrive technology - I wanted something different from Star Wars and Star Treck which we already had in the community.

Lucky for you, you won't have to get the novelty kit to get the "hyper" and "fuse" keys :)

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 17:14:07 »
Stunning. I didn’t know I needed to join this GB until just now.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 17:20:42 »

Stargate is the idea/universe I decided to visit when thinking about space travel/hyperdrive technology - I wanted something different from Star Wars and Star Treck which we already had in the community.

Lucky for you, you won't have to get the novelty kit to get the "hyper" and "fuse" keys :)

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Mate you are the best!

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 01:39:58 »
Hyperfuse, Belgian Azerty AND Stargate novelties!
I'm loving it, and my wallet hates you :)

Offline Vireca

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 04:11:49 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Okey, this accent kit seems better. Like someone said, if you want the Hyper Fuse keys or the spacebars you had to buy a whole kit for just 1 or 2 keys/spacebars. I prefer this one. The HyperFuse keys are not novelties but at least it have the original scheme for the mods

I assume the spacebars are 6.25u and 7u, right?

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 05:25:56 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Okey, this accent kit seems better. Like someone said, if you want the Hyper Fuse keys or the spacebars you had to buy a whole kit for just 1 or 2 keys/spacebars. I prefer this one. The HyperFuse keys are not novelties but at least it have the original scheme for the mods

I assume the spacebars are 6.25u and 7u, right?
Yes it is 6.25 and 7u bars. Really appreciate the runner listening to feedback!

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 07:03:41 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Those are great and all, but I was specifically talking about standard mod coloured Hyper/Fuse keys, not the accent versions.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 11:24:06 »
Howdy everyone!

I hope you are having a wonderful Friday!

I went over the form and wanted to get back to the community about what I've read in there:

With or without "hyper" and "fuse" keys in the accent kits
This was an overwhelming "with", so I have added these back to accent keys and have removed the "hyper" and "fuse" keys from the novelties (you'll see why under)

Arrows instead of "up/left/down/right"
One person requested this but it will, unfortunately, not happen. I like the consistent look of all text modifiers on a board and I offer the arrows in the accent kits (although it means not having them in the normal modifiers color).

Modifiers kit update
in line with the first comment about the "hyper" and "fuse" keys, I have come to realize that those are beloved keys and I decided to add them to the modifiers kit in the normal modifiers color (see the accent kits if you want them in another color, or the novelty kit if you want a stylized version of said keys). I hope you'll appreciate this addition which should allow more people to get their board w/o having to purchase the novelty kit (and that will also lower the price of the novelty kit a little bit) :)

New modifiers kits:

New novelty kit:

Reduce the amount of kits
I am not 100% sure I understand that comment, but a bunch of people have commented saying that. One thing you need to understand is that more kits doesn't make each kit more expensive. In fact, this should make your purchase less expensive since you can get exactly what you need and not be "punished" with superficial keys. it allows for more flexibility and I really like having different kits like I do (sorry vendors  :()

Move ISO Enter to ISO kits
For this answer, I am going to assume this is referring to the accented keys that are now in the accent kit. I will keep the accented ISO keys in the accent kits for two reasons:
* more flexibility - you get to buy the accent kit you want, text or icon, purple or teal, and you only get what you need, no 4th, 5th, ..., ISO key that you don't know what to do with; and
* by removing the accent keys from the kits themselves, my goal was to get the kits smaller (see point 1) but also to lower the price.

About the Ancient alphas
someone requested ancient symbols to be used for the rest of alpha symbols - the symbols I've used come from the Stargate on board of the Destiny Spaceship - a stargate that contains 39 symbols (I still have 13 available symbols as I have had to create the symbols used for numbers myself). However, I am probably going to leave the kit as is (unless I get a huge wave of request) for the simple reason that if I update those symbols, I theoretically have to do so with all other kits and add those keys either to the Ancient alpha kit (thus making it more expensive by adding keys some people don't want (like keys for ISO, numpad keys, etc) or add those keys directly to the concerned kits (thus making those kits more expensive for everyone, even those that do not want "ancient" keys). I will let you judge for yourself with the first render present in this post, but I think it looks quite nice :)

Google Form for Feedback
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 May 2020, 11:34:57 by JSaintS »

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 07:48:10 »
Reduce the amount of kits
I am not 100% sure I understand that comment, but a bunch of people have commented saying that. One thing you need to understand is that more kits doesn't make each kit more expensive. In fact, this should make your purchase less expensive since you can get exactly what you need and not be "punished" with superficial keys. it allows for more flexibility and I really like having different kits like I do (sorry vendors  :()

Move ISO Enter to ISO kits
For this answer, I am going to assume this is referring to the accented keys that are now in the accent kit. I will keep the accented ISO keys in the accent kits for two reasons:
* more flexibility - you get to buy the accent kit you want, text or icon, purple or teal, and you only get what you need, no 4th, 5th, ..., ISO key that you don't know what to do with; and
* by removing the accent keys from the kits themselves, my goal was to get the kits smaller (see point 1) but also to lower the price.
Do you know why Mcnos removed a bunch of kits (arrows kit, extra F row kit, south kit) for KAT Arctic shorty before the GB?

"You only get what you need" goes both ways, and in KAT Oasis, you had one purchase of the brown accents for every six cyan modifier kits, but only one ISO kit for every 10 alpha kits. I'd put them in the ISO kits but your choice.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 08:05:53 »
[mention]JSaintS [/mention] Thanks for your continued work on this set. I thank you for showing staggered 40% users support. I will be joining your GB!

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 09:33:20 »
Looking forward to the GB! It'll be my first KAT profile set  ;D