Author Topic: Model M / F texture  (Read 1254 times)

Offline mrmola

Model M / F texture
« on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 16:08:56 »
Can someone who has two model ms or two model fs that have a similar date of manufacture check if their textures are the same?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Model M / F texture
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 17:14:37 »
My collection is not readily available, but I know for a fact that there are multiple textures in the wild.

Model M cases are PVC, single color throughout, with built-in texture, while F cases have a glossy white inner "core" with a textured off-white coating layer (that can wear or chip off). The Model F XT has a deeper and more pronounced grain than other F variants which are smoother and less pebbled.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Maledicted

Re: Model M / F texture
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:28:49 »
Can someone who has two model ms or two model fs that have a similar date of manufacture check if their textures are the same?

Which models and years do you want to compare in particular? I don't know that finish changed much within a given submodel. I do have at least one or two Model Ms that could have possibly been made concurrently with Model F AT production, the finishes are quite different from that of an F, as fohat explained.