Author Topic: Unicomp M122 with PS/2 connector, $41.09 incuding US shipping  (Read 11226 times)

Offline ed_avis

Unicomp M122 with PS/2 connector, $41.09 incuding US shipping
« on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 12:54:20 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164100488366

Sold as untested, but very likely to be still working.  Looks like a regular PS/2 connector, so hopefully no exotic converter needed.

Offline Rayndalf

Re: Unicomp M122 with PS/2 connector, $41.09 incuding US shipping
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 22:38:13 »
Not sure why this auction seemed to have been ended by the seller, but if you look closely one of the pins on the PS/2 plug broke off, which would have been a pretty easy fix.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 07:51:43 »
I don't think they broke. The 2 absent pins are the 2 that don't do anything anyway.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 16:09:37 »
Its funny I see so many more DIN 5 connectors than mini DIN 6 in my collection, I tend to forget PS/2 had frequently unused pins.
Either PS/2 had a somewhat short run as the primary keyboard connector before rubber domes became the thing, or all the PS/2 mechanical keyboards are still being used so I can't buy them cheaply.

It makes sense though, pins that aren't there can't bend or break off :p

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 16:40:50 »
That spare pin on the AT connector occasionally/rarely saw action as the "reset" connection but that was the exception rather than the rule.

There are millions of rubber dome PS/2 (mini-DIN6) out there but I think that mechanical switches were fading out as PS/2 was coming in.

Of course, IBM provided Model Ms with PS/2 systems from day one in the late 1990s but it took a while for inertia to wash through the industry.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015