Author Topic: NMK64 - the N64 console as a keyboard  (Read 3159 times)

Offline maschine

NMK64 - the N64 console as a keyboard
« on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 19:51:19 »
Hey guys,

this is a fun project of mine which I did over eastern. I’m very familiar with generell 3D software but totally new to CAD so this was a fun task to get into parametrical modeling.

As a fan of the N64 console I wanted to basically create the N64 as a mk without going too 90ies and toy-like. So here it is, the NMK64.

Anodized aluminum with black painted POM parts and brass front and back weights. The front weight is, like the back weight, detachable.

Keyset is GMK Hero from mkljfox44 with a few extra keys of mine and... of course... this is the Hylian variant - I‘m going full geek😂

The artisan esc key with the master sword is quite cool I think. First I had the idea to put the Majoras Mask there but I found this nice 3D model on cadgrab and it turns out pretty nice although not very ergonomic😂

Here are some CAD screenshots and a render. More renders to follow tmr.

Hope there are more N64 veterans over here who likes it:) I’m still working on the interior and will post the progress.

239994-0
239996-1
239998-2

240000-3

edit: here's another image from Link's missing mk with triforce brass weight and LEDs ;D

240030-4

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 April 2020, 07:16:51 by maschine »

Offline Maledicted

Re: NMK64 - the N64 console as a keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 12:57:22 »
Wow. That's awesome. Fantastic work. Makes me want to dig the old 64 out. I still have the one I grew up with. Every time I see that grainy video output though ... Would love to get one of those hdmi kits, if they ever stop being unontainium. Certainly wouldn't touch my original 64 with it though.

Offline maschine

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 12:17:28 »
Thnx hahaa. That's super cool man, I also still have mine at my parents place - still have those goofy Turok 2 stickers applied on the console :D

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 12:39:03 »
Thnx hahaa. That's super cool man, I also still have mine at my parents place - still have those goofy Turok 2 stickers applied on the console :D

Nice. I wish I had played Turok. It was too violent. There was no way I was ever going to get my hands on it without borrowing it.

Offline maschine

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 04:04:54 »
Oh you didn't? It was quite cool, I remember not having cash left for a memory card so I played until I died and then started right from the beginning again until I could afford a memory card Haha. And yea, it was pretty brutal but we got a special version in Germany where the developers replaced the human enemies by robots.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 08:25:28 »
Oh you didn't? It was quite cool, I remember not having cash left for a memory card so I played until I died and then started right from the beginning again until I could afford a memory card Haha. And yea, it was pretty brutal but we got a special version in Germany where the developers replaced the human enemies by robots.

I do remember people raving about it at school. I never even played the GTA or MGS games until I could borrow them from friends. If my parents came into the room, I would pretend GTA was just a driving game.