Author Topic: Auction ended wtih no bids-$1 LOT OF 22 IBM KEYBOARDS+3 MICE, Brooklyn NY pickup only  (Read 2248 times)

Offline TexasFlood

If you're in Brooklyn NY, you have 1/2 hr to get 22 IBM keyboards + 3 mice for $1.

They don't look like jewels, but if you need some decent beaters...

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 June 2010, 21:41:30 by TexasFlood »

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
$1 LOT OF 22 IBM KEYBOARDS + 3 MICE, Brooklyn NY pickup only
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 June 2010, 21:55:59 »
They're bad even as beaters.
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 June 2010, 21:59:21 »
Quote from: kishy;197429
They're bad even as beaters.
Probably right.  If they're what I think they are, I have a couple and they live in a box.  But if I needed a keyboard with a reasonable layout for rough or risky conditions, that I didn't mind losing or breaking, it would probably be those, :wink:.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 June 2010, 22:02:02 by TexasFlood »

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 June 2010, 23:35:29 »
COOL!

I'd love to have 22 black IBM rubber dome keyboards, that'd be awesome! I wouldn't want the 3 ugly microsoft mice though.

Sadly I don't live in brooklyn. I'm not a plumber lol.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline Dirty Bint

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 29 June 2010, 03:57:16 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;197446
COOL!

I'm not a plumber lol.

Plumbers earn real good money in the UK, approx $120USD per hour. No shame in being a plumber on $220,000 per year including 6 weeks paid holidays for a 40 hour week.

Plumb On........, perhaps I should become a "Dirty Plumber"

Rgds
Dirty Bint
I\'m so filthy, I\'m disgusting.

Offline aegrotatio

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 29 June 2010, 13:29:42 »
In my local computer shop I found that these two-tone IBM keyboards are OEMed for IBM by "Micro Innovations."  They made a few different keyboards with blue Enter keys and the space-saving pageup/down layout, a folding keyboard, and at least one wireless keyboard under the "IBM" brand label used under license.

Best thing I can say about them is that they're two-tone and have a great texture.

Much like AT&T Trimline phones at K-Mart are OEMed by "Advanced American Telephones."
Daily Drivers: Ducky DK1087XM || DSI ASK-6600 || Rosewill RK-9000 BL, BR, BL, and RE || ABS M1 || Das Keyboard Silent || HHKB Lite and Lite 2 || DSI Big Font (kids love it)
Yearning for: Any ALPS keyboard || Any tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
Permanent collection: Poker Blue and Brown || Adesso MKB-125B || SIIG MiniTouch Geek Hack Space Saver || Chicony 5181 Monterey Blue || Chicony 5191 Clone Cherry Blues || Key Tronic 3600 || Unicomp Endurapro & SmarTrex || A crate of IBM Model M and Model M Space Saving boards || NeXTstation Slab || Amiga 3000 || BTC-5100C black and beige || SIIG MiniTouch Plus black and beige
Retired collection: SIIG MiniTouch Monterey Blue || Razer BlackWidow

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 30 June 2010, 00:40:42 »
Quote from: ripster;197667
The mice are the best part of that box.  Either that or the cardboard.

Such sourness towards IBM stuff.

Quote from: aegrotatio;197665
In my local computer shop I found that these two-tone IBM keyboards are OEMed for IBM by "Micro Innovations."  They made a few different keyboards with blue Enter keys and the space-saving pageup/down layout, a folding keyboard, and at least one wireless keyboard under the "IBM" brand label used under license.

Best thing I can say about them is that they're two-tone and have a great texture.

Much like AT&T Trimline phones at K-Mart are OEMed by "Advanced American Telephones."

As you can imagine, I used those keyboards in person before. Very nice wrist pads that are detacheable.
Yeah the membranes aren't that great -- but I was thinking of swapping them with a better one. The case and keys are otherwise very nice, and the two tone blue makes it a lot better... cheap companies that resort to one-tone.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 30 June 2010, 05:16:58 »
One can only imagine the keen IBM engineering that went into these things -

Offline gr1m

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 30 June 2010, 05:46:42 »
Plumbers make a serious bit of dough in Montreal too (and electricians and other similar things). I've had many relatives and friends tell me that I should give up electrical engineering and become an electrician. However, they're probably all clueless and think EE = being an electrician.

Offline aegrotatio

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 30 June 2010, 15:06:30 »
Quote from: ch_123;197874
One can only imagine the keen IBM engineering that went into these things -

Show Image

To be fair, as I said earlier, IBM had nothing to do with these keyboards.  They're Micro Innovations keyboards with an IBM brand used under license.
Daily Drivers: Ducky DK1087XM || DSI ASK-6600 || Rosewill RK-9000 BL, BR, BL, and RE || ABS M1 || Das Keyboard Silent || HHKB Lite and Lite 2 || DSI Big Font (kids love it)
Yearning for: Any ALPS keyboard || Any tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
Permanent collection: Poker Blue and Brown || Adesso MKB-125B || SIIG MiniTouch Geek Hack Space Saver || Chicony 5181 Monterey Blue || Chicony 5191 Clone Cherry Blues || Key Tronic 3600 || Unicomp Endurapro & SmarTrex || A crate of IBM Model M and Model M Space Saving boards || NeXTstation Slab || Amiga 3000 || BTC-5100C black and beige || SIIG MiniTouch Plus black and beige
Retired collection: SIIG MiniTouch Monterey Blue || Razer BlackWidow