Author Topic: The new guy  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Ams_i_am

The new guy
« on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 04:31:42 »
Hey all,

Came across this community while looking for a new mech. With all the working from home going on, the wife has stolen my desk and my Filco Ninja with cherry browns. So I started the hunt for a new board. Began with looking at the big brands, but wasn't impressed and fancied something a little different, say more custom.

Seems it's not the best time to really try and build a new board with lots stock issues at the moment. I am really looking for some help to either buy a pre-built or a kit. My ideal board, for now, is a 65% ISO layout, backlit.

Forgot to mention I'm based in the UK

Really appreciate any help given.

Offline ayeshasingh4780

Re: The new guy
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 05:07:31 »
Hey,
I am also new here. Nice to meet you.

Offline ilytze

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 12:20:21 »
Hi, I just join too. Nice to meet you

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 15:45:43 »
Hey all,

Came across this community while looking for a new mech. With all the working from home going on, the wife has stolen my desk and my Filco Ninja with cherry browns. So I started the hunt for a new board. Began with looking at the big brands, but wasn't impressed and fancied something a little different, say more custom.

Seems it's not the best time to really try and build a new board with lots stock issues at the moment. I am really looking for some help to either buy a pre-built or a kit. My ideal board, for now, is a 65% ISO layout, backlit.

Forgot to mention I'm based in the UK

Really appreciate any help given.

Welcome to Geekhack Ams_i_am. I would post what you're looking for in the Keyboards section of this forum. I would imagine that most things that fit that criteria might be hard to come by without being mired in the difficulties of Chinese shipping at the moment. I'm not normally looking for ISO layout boards though either. Did you want Cherry browns again, or something else? I would include that when you post in the Keyboards section as well.