Author Topic: pulling a Wellington  (Read 13075 times)

Offline Mental Hobbit

pulling a Wellington
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 01 July 2010, 19:58:36 »
I'm a bit bored with keyboards and Geekhack too right now. But I guess it's just summer, and most will be back to normal in a few months.

Several interesting boards been lying around here for weeks, but I'm just too lazy to take pictures...
Typing on blues.

Offline didjamatic

pulling a Wellington
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 01 July 2010, 20:59:23 »
Quote from: MsKeyboard;198448
Didja, you don't need any fancy thermometer, just get one from Home Depot that you can install in the side of the area where the meat sits.  Smoking is just like using an oven but with flavor added.  Keep the area where the meat sits about 275-300 degrees constant (about 6 hours), and add some kind of hardwood (mesquite preferred) every once in awhile for the smoke.  Be careful when you add the wood cause the temp will soar for a bit.  One trick I learned is to grab some foil and wrap the meat about 45 minutes or so before you are done.  This keeps the juices in the meat.  Another trick, especially with chicken, is take a squirt bottle and add a 50/50 mixture of water and a wine vinegar, shake before each use and spray down the meat about every 30 minutes or so.  Creates kind of a glaze that is tasteless but helps lock in the juices.  Good luck!

BTW, beer can chicken is GREAT, but usually have a hard time getting the cans away from the boys......

THANK YOU!  I have renewed hope that I might just pull it off.
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline nanu

• http://T-T.be/portal
pulling a Wellington
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 01 July 2010, 21:21:34 »
Agree with ricercar, I guess. I'm waiting for developments or innovations to arise. I've given up on or put on backburner whatever other mods/must-haves I have in mind, so I'm trying to be happy with what I already have, keyboardwise :J

* Still wanting more prevalance of replacement keycap sets
* Still wanting that open sauce kbd controller that rivals/bests an unavailable AIKON, so I can pretend to be Korean and hack together keyboards (almost) from scratch

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
pulling a Wellington
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 01 July 2010, 23:13:30 »
Quote from: Rajagra;198458
this what you mean by 'pulling a Wellington'?

Owwwww.... I was rickrolled on that one. Expected something totally different.

By pulling a welly, I was observing his departure from the keyboard avarice machine, and his enviable satisfaction with his status quo.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.