Author Topic: Hi from Berlin!  (Read 1210 times)

Offline pciuniek

Hi from Berlin!
« on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:43:39 »
Hallo!

Recently got into mechanical keyboard after I got my first one a few weeks ago and thinking of getting my next keyboard already.. choosing between Tada68 or KBD67 and making those hot-swappable. Also open to other suggestions if anybody has any  :)

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hi from Berlin!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 15:28:58 »
Hi pciuniek. Welcome to Geekhack.

I'll shill for these: HEAVY METAL KEYBOARDS because I like beefy industrial stuff. Otherwise, I have never done any of the LEGO board stuff yet myself.

What board have you got now? What switches? What switches have you tried? Which do you like?

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 22:58:53 »
Hallo!

Recently got into mechanical keyboard after I got my first one a few weeks ago and thinking of getting my next keyboard already.. choosing between Tada68 or KBD67 and making those hot-swappable. Also open to other suggestions if anybody has any  :)

Well what do you have now?

Offline pciuniek

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 04:59:01 »
The HMK's look good. Thanks for recommending. I currently have the Keychron K1 which was a nice first-experience but cannot be customized at all.

I'm currently typing on a low-profile Gateron blue and I really like how they feel but wish they were a bit quieter. I haven't tried any other switches so far so maybe I should get a switch tester and try different switches out.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 20:35:29 »
The HMK's look good. Thanks for recommending. I currently have the Keychron K1 which was a nice first-experience but cannot be customized at all.

I'm currently typing on a low-profile Gateron blue and I really like how they feel but wish they were a bit quieter. I haven't tried any other switches so far so maybe I should get a switch tester and try different switches out.

You're welcome.

You definitely should get a swtich tester. I hear good things about Keychron, and Gateron and Outemu blues are the best MX clone clickies that I'm aware of. The rest feel terrible, so you did great on that.

Look at Kailh box clickies, they have a clickbar mechanism, different from all of the MX clones. The pinks and jades are pretty bassy as opposed to being really high pitched like MX and clones. They feel way better too. I like box jades and navies the most for modern clickies myself, but haven't gotten to try pinks yet.