Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Le_Mow

Need Help
« on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:29:34 »
Hello I am new to mechanical Keyboards And i when i was trying to make my spacebar's Sound Quieter And it worked.
And now my "Z, X, S, D, W, E, 2, 3, F1, F2, SHIFT, CAPS LOCK, TAB, The Key that above the Tab and CTRL Keys Dont works I need help what i can do?
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:33:52 by Le_Mow »

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:51:00 »
What did you do?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:51:19 »
Oh dear!

What did you do to make it quieter?  Sounds like you've broken some traces but without knowing what board it is we can't really help.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Le_Mow

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 17:22:42 »
My keyboard is A Brand that is not that popular btw its Gamepower Warlock Not sure if you know that And the board's name is "JP-LR-K81-68F90-V1.1 20181229"
And i Added Some Sponges under the Stems At the stabilizers.
And it was working in the way i wanted.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 May 2020, 17:24:30 by Le_Mow »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 18:58:49 »
This sounds like either you have managed to kill a pin on the controller chip or cut the trace from a whole 'column' of keys on it's way to the controller chip.  If the pin is dead there's nothing you can do to fix it, you could remove the controller and wire the switches to a Teensy if you have a lot of free time upgrading the board to fully programmable.  If it's a broken trace it's probably going to be under the plate where you accidentally scratched it with the stabiliser wire but you might get lucky.

Can you upload a picture of the bottom of the PCB with the traces showing in the shine?  Hopefully I can then suggest some pins to short and see if there's any life in that area of the board.  Also if you can read any of the writing on the square chip(s) please add that to the post as it's usually invisible when you take a photo.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 19:07:32 »
So the same happens when you remove these sponges?
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Le_Mow

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 12:47:21 »
So the same happens when you remove these sponges?
Yeah the same thing happens

Offline Le_Mow

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 12:48:15 »
This sounds like either you have managed to kill a pin on the controller chip or cut the trace from a whole 'column' of keys on it's way to the controller chip.  If the pin is dead there's nothing you can do to fix it, you could remove the controller and wire the switches to a Teensy if you have a lot of free time upgrading the board to fully programmable.  If it's a broken trace it's probably going to be under the plate where you accidentally scratched it with the stabiliser wire but you might get lucky.

Can you upload a picture of the bottom of the PCB with the traces showing in the shine?  Hopefully I can then suggest some pins to short and see if there's any life in that area of the board.  Also if you can read any of the writing on the square chip(s) please add that to the post as it's usually invisible when you take a photo.

https://imgur.com/a/OQ1Jk78

Here. And can you simplyfiy it more please?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 18:46:22 »
I'm amazed - the designer was not drunk or on drugs and it's a nice colour PCB where you can see some of what's going on.  The other half is on the other side so we'll have to work that out but it's not hopeless.

243761-0

Please can you plug the keyboard in and using anything conductive (a bent paperclip, pair of scissors...) touch the blue pad to each red one - this is just like pressing a switch so it won't break anything.  Hopefully they will all type a T making this as easy as it can be but if you get anything else please say what each types.  I've added labels for reference.

Oh and in the red square is the chip I was talking about, helpfully hidden under a capacitor.   Gently bend the capacitor out of the way and there should be a maker and chip model written on it - from this we can hopefully find a datasheet to see which pins are what.

I suppose I should check before we spend time on this - do you own a soldering iron, or know someone who does?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Le_Mow

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 19:34:06 »
I'm amazed - the designer was not drunk or on drugs and it's a nice colour PCB where you can see some of what's going on.  The other half is on the other side so we'll have to work that out but it's not hopeless.

(Attachment Link)

Please can you plug the keyboard in and using anything conductive (a bent paperclip, pair of scissors...) touch the blue pad to each red one - this is just like pressing a switch so it won't break anything.  Hopefully they will all type a T making this as easy as it can be but if you get anything else please say what each types.  I've added labels for reference.

Oh and in the red square is the chip I was talking about, helpfully hidden under a capacitor.   Gently bend the capacitor out of the way and there should be a maker and chip model written on it - from this we can hopefully find a datasheet to see which pins are what.

I suppose I should check before we spend time on this - do you own a soldering iron, or know someone who does?

Sadly. I don’t own a solder station and don’t know anyone that owns. And I am going to try the thing you have said about activating the switches. But I am going to do it tomorrow because it’s to late at the place I live

Offline Le_Mow

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 06:29:38 »

(Attachment Link)

Sadly. I don’t own a solder station and don’t know anyone that owns. And I am going to try the thing you have said about activating the switches. But I am going to do it tomorrow because it’s to late at the place I live

Soo I bent the capacitor And here is the serial number: SinoWealth SH68F90U 1829-Y 048UR NJPY8-1

Offline Le_Mow

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 06:44:24 »

(Attachment Link)

Soo I bent the capacitor And here is the serial number: SinoWealth SH68F90U 1829-Y 048UR NJPY8-1

Oh Oh! And also! Touching Pads didn’t work but I want you to check this video https://imgur.com/a/9iEnlZc
Looks like I am connecting two lines to one line and make them work.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 11:03:03 by Le_Mow »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 12:42:28 »
I see LEDs lighting up but is it actually typing anything?

I'm going to have to look up your keyboard as it is very strange that shorting the red to any of the blues didn't type anything.  If they're optical switches it might make sense...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Le_Mow

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 16:22:37 »
I see LEDs lighting up but is it actually typing anything?

I'm going to have to look up your keyboard as it is very strange that shorting the red to any of the blues didn't type anything.  If they're optical switches it might make sense...
Leds light up and Keys start to work and my switches are Outemu Red switches
As i said i am guesing that i am connecting the working line to not working one and giving Electric to not working line

And also i want to add this: https://imgur.com/a/KrO77Ze
And yes switches are Lubed
And also again yes i am “Enjineer” :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 16:56:25 by Le_Mow »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 17:10:27 »
That makes no sense though - Outemu Reds (just like any other MX compatible switch) work by connecting the two pins and LEDs are connected in a completely separate circuit.  You could make the keys work by connecting them as you did if those two columns are supposed to be connected (one column would have typed a T on the red-blue test, the other something else) but you can't make the backlight come on.  Except you did :confused:

I'm going to hope someone else can explain this but the short version is - if shorting those two pins makes it work you just need to find yourself someone with a soldering iron to put a wire between them.

Your last imgur post appears to be empty, which is a shame - I'd like to have seen your next magic trick!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Le_Mow

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 06:27:05 »
That makes no sense though - Outemu Reds (just like any other MX compatible switch) work by connecting the two pins and LEDs are connected in a completely separate circuit.  You could make the keys work by connecting them as you did if those two columns are supposed to be connected (one column would have typed a T on the red-blue test, the other something else) but you can't make the backlight come on.  Except you did :confused:

I'm going to hope someone else can explain this but the short version is - if shorting those two pins makes it work you just need to find yourself someone with a soldering iron to put a wire between them.

Your last imgur post appears to be empty, which is a shame - I'd like to have seen your next magic trick!
In there i was just Connecting 3 pins together with a tape (lmao) But when i type "E" it was registering "W" because i connected "W"s Pin
I am an epic enjineer so yeah :p
And also you know? My dad dont knows that i messed my keyboard And if he notices it is going to be so bad and im so worried of it (No hes not gonna slap ( :p ) me or else. He is going to be sad. So i need to fix it as fast as possible
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 May 2020, 06:29:10 by Le_Mow »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 19:02:40 »
Your last imgur post was empty so I have not seen the 3 pins and tape video.  I did see the magic backlight turned on by scissors one.

Without knowing exactly what you're doing and what's happening when you do it there is no way anyone can help and the red-blue test not working at all is very confusing.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Le_Mow

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 06:58:05 »
I will try to fix that problem ASAP