Author Topic: HHKB Hybrid Type-S White [Received with Scratches]  (Read 2255 times)

Offline stannousoxalate

HHKB Hybrid Type-S White [Received with Scratches]
« on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 14:56:43 »
Has anybody else experienced the same thing? My HHKB just came in this morning and it had a LOT of scratches in the bottom and on the side of the case. Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/yAyBpIa

Offline rxc92

Re: HHKB Hybrid Type-S White [Received with Scratches]
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 15:13:44 »
Did you receive it NIB?

Offline stannousoxalate

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 15:15:21 »
Yeah, I purchased it from fujitsuscannerstore.com ...

Offline rxc92

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 18:20:04 »
Hmm, that is highly disappointing. I do doubt that they’d provide you with a new board as it was almost certainly due to poor handling during shipping, but it would be good to send them an email. Sorry this happened.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 19:12:33 »
Hmm, that is highly disappointing. I do doubt that they’d provide you with a new board as it was almost certainly due to poor handling during shipping, but it would be good to send them an email. Sorry this happened.

I don't know, that looks more like weld lines from a cold mold than scratches in the pics to me. Isn't the HHKB cases made through injection molding? If it is weld lines & not scratches you might be able to get it replaced.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 21:08:44 »
Was it in the plastic bag? (Should be YES) Were the batteries already installed? (Should be NO) It might have been a return.
REΛLFORCE

Offline stannousoxalate

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 22:51:48 »
I see. Thanks for your inputs! And yeah I don't think this is due to molding either. I received it wrapped in plastic and the new batteries had a separate plastic. I've already sent an email to fujitsu and I do hope I get a replacement.

Offline Deduce2612

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 00:19:11 »
I see. Thanks for your inputs! And yeah I don't think this is due to molding either. I received it wrapped in plastic and the new batteries had a separate plastic. I've already sent an email to fujitsu and I do hope I get a replacement.

It's normal. Mine has a few and all the other Hybrids I've seen are not perfect too. They are from the molding process. No need to worry. I had the same exact line in the back middle, and on the side and top.
Here is one for example (kinda hard to see with the lighting but it's in the same place as yours).
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 March 2023, 00:38:57 by iamjokerface »

Offline Deduce2612

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 00:24:16 »
Actually, I just realized I have all the same markings as yours.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 March 2023, 00:39:04 by iamjokerface »

Offline rxc92

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 01:17:32 »
So it's just a byproduct of manufacturing? Could anyone with a new regular HHKB compare it with theirs?

Offline Deduce2612

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 02:11:26 »
So it's just a byproduct of manufacturing? Could anyone with a new regular HHKB compare it with theirs?
Yes, my HHKB Hybrid Type-S is only two weeks old and it came like this. Date of production is 2020-03-21. My colleague's keyboard when I used it a few months ago (non type-s) also had marks but his was more visible than mine. He got his in Feb.

Offline rxc92

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 04:55:32 »
I specifically meant non-hybrid, as I haven't heard of the issue before this. Wonder what could be so different about the hybrid case that it causes these deformities.

Offline stannousoxalate

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 10:57:10 »
Oh wow. That's actually unfortunate. I've seen molding marks from previous HHKBs but they're not scratches like in the Hybrids. I also wonder if this is only visible in white models. Haven't seen complaints about the Black Hybrids just yet.

Offline Deduce2612

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 02:19:25 »
Oh wow. That's actually unfortunate. I've seen molding marks from previous HHKBs but they're not scratches like in the Hybrids. I also wonder if this is only visible in white models. Haven't seen complaints about the Black Hybrids just yet.

They aren't really scratches. It's smooth to the touch but just visible color inconsistencies.

Offline phototristan

• https://www.youtube.com/phototristan
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 10:18:13 »
I just received my Hybrid and it has the scratch on the bottom in the exactly same place. I don't see any other scratches though.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 13:30:33 »

You didn't really see complaints before either considering people are just noticing the marks they have...

It would be better if it was perfect but that's what it is....don't let it eat at you, it really is a nothing.

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 01:54:16 »
these aren't scratches, it's just molding marks