Author Topic: DZ60 issue  (Read 6299 times)

Offline weichenyang0723

DZ60 issue
« on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 15:49:18 »
Hey people, I am having some strange dz60 issue after flashing it with dz60_60_ansi_arrow_fkeys.hex directly from qmk firmware using msys2. The keymap is essentially a gk64 layout on dz60, however, this is what came out to be in the picture attached (where the green label corresponds to the registered key and the red x means key doesn't work). I've tried to flash it back to default and everytime the output indicates successful flashing however, I am stuck at this weird "layout".
243823-0

It seems like the 2nd and 3rd rows are somehow shifted and there are some missing columns. Also if I short the two pins between " ; " and "enter" key I see the " ' " key registered.

I've checked the pcb in the beginning and after soldering with the firmware that came with it and everything is fine and this problem only happens after flashing.

Anyone have any idea of what's going on ? I've never encountered something like this on dz60 before :(

Any help will be great ! Thank you !

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: DZ60 issue
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 16:08:58 »
The pins in the firmware don't match the pins used on the board.  No harm done, you just need to find the correct firmware.

Where did the DZ60 come from and what firmware are you using?

Edit:  Are you perhaps using rev 2 firmware on a rev 1 PCB, or vice versa?
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 16:16:33 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline weichenyang0723

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 17:11:47 »
the hex file came directly from qmk_firmware repository and the board, sold as DZ60 was ordered from aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000163825919.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4e454c4d0BvmUC) I am a bit not certain because there are some physical differences from the board that I used to get from kbdfans . There are no "DZ60" marking on the board and the position of the mcu is different from boards that I own. I thought this could just be from different batches? everything else looks the same to me, i.e. the right holes and pins and smd led positions. I am a bit worry if this is an off brand dz60 and the actual pcb design is different.

I've also tried to flash it back to dz60 ansi default layout (from qmk_firmware) and even though the output indicated successful flashing but I'm still stuck with this :( I don't think it's bricked since I can load into bootloader.

Sad times

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 17:29:24 »
Bad news - it's not a DZ60.

Good news - it's pretty close and you're using the actual text files not a fancy website so you can make it work properly.

Can you get the backlight to turn on with the keys you have working, and the Caps Lock LED if you have one connected?  This will confirm those pins are used as the same.

Edit:  Might be a coincidence but the columns for 5 and 8 (which don't work) are the only different pins between the DZ60 and the GH60 Satan so you could try that firmware - it can't work any worse than it does now.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2020, 17:43:08 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline weichenyang0723

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 17:53:00 »
LOL I don't know why I am so stubborn, I should have known:p I guess I just need someone to confirm and tell me that I got scammed. I found an old gh60 layout and quickly wrote a basic keymaps and it worked! 

The backlight works (kind of) now, at least for 12 out of 16 of them lol (I've seem the other 4 lights up before though lol) I'll have to dig into the config file to sort it out. The throughhole led on the cap works just like dz60, it lights up when its caplocked

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 18:08:07 »
Well you got a keyboard PCB and it works - that's pretty good for aliexpress :P
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline weichenyang0723

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 18:16:35 »
LOL shouldn't have saved that few dollars haha. Thanks for all your help!

Offline GLEAM

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 06:46:09 »
Hey so, I'm new here, also fairly new to custom keebs in general, I'm only making an account because I have an issue almost EXACTLY like the OP. The only difference is I went with tsangan layout.

The exact same thing where columns 5 & 8 don't work and everything else is the same as the OP except my bottom two rows have different keys that don't work. I tried doing the same thing and create a keymap on GH60 instead of DZ60 on QMK config and flash in QMK toolbox, but there isn't a tsangan layout for gh60 on QMk config that works, and anything else doesn't work, so now I have no idea what to do and it's pretty upsetting as this was my first soldered board coming from hotswap pcb's which flashed fine, but also were from kbdfans and cannonkeys. So maybe its just these cheap websites like banggood/aliexpress etc. which advertise DZ60's but sell GH60's(?) if that's what this pcb even is, idk.

Anyways, any help would be great, thanks in advance!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 07:59:19 »
Usually tsangan uses the same switch positions as standard bottom row so you just have to see which key is missing and map around it.

If that doesn't work can you change the pins on the DZ60 with tsangan to match the GH60?  Not sure what you're using to make the firmware...

Last resort
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline GLEAM

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 17:12:11 »
Not sure what you're using to make the firmware...

I'm using https://config.qmk.fm/#/telophase/LAYOUT to make the firmware. Obviously changing the "KEYBOARD" drop down to DZ60 or GH60, and trying the different "LAYOUT" options, then compiling & flashing in QMK toolbox. Also the only way it goes into reset/bootloader mode is by shorting the pads marked as "RESET".

Where I bought it from says it's a DZ60, but seeing the original post I now question if it's actually a DZ60, GH60, or something else entirely.

Here's a photo of it and what keys work and what don't. After attempting to flash with any DZ60 or GH60 layout it pretty much stays the same and doesn't align properly, aside from a few layouts which basically do the same thing where certain keys work and others don't, but on different keys.
256747-0
Basically I need help finding the exact layout I need to use or whatever is needed for this pcb to work with current layout. This layout is supported for both DZ60 and GH60.

*****EDIT/UPDATE******

So after messing with it on and off for another 5 hours or so, I ended up finding the fix...

Turns out after reading through some reviews of where I originally bought this PCB, I found out it is actually not DZ60 (we knew that) and is actually a YD60MQ.
I created a layout using the YD60MQ keyboard in QMK config, flashed it. and it works perfectly now (THANK F**K).

Now all I need to do since the exact layout I wanted isn't supported in QMK config (please lmk if there's a workaround),  I now have to de-solder and make right shift full instead of split, and use the "| + \" key as my function key for my second layer.
Once again anyone please let me know if I can keep my split right shift somehow before I de-solder, like I said before I'm new to this all.

Thanks.

Also thanks for the bit of help orange.

Here's where I bought the PCB for anyone who has bought the "DZ60" from banggood, aliexpress or wherever and are having the same issue.

https://www.banggood.com/DZ60-60-pencent-Layout-PCB-Type-C-Interface-Custom-Mechanical-Keyboard-PCB-Board-p-1439768.html?cur_warehouse=CN&rmmds=search

**** END EDIT/UPDATE ****
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 November 2020, 20:16:56 by GLEAM »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 12:46:03 »
Great, yet another option!  The above still holds true:

Well you got a keyboard PCB and it works - that's pretty good for aliexpress :P

You can certainly split your shift key, the website won't let me download the source to see what you get and I don't run Windows so can't use the QMK toolbox.  The website also doesn't show any key positions...

One way to do it would be to use LAYOUT_all - if you import the attached it should work, if you want to use any of the keys I've duplicated on the FN layer it would be easier to assign them to numbers and flash it, then you can press to see which key actually works and use that.  I'm assuming you have the 16 LED version, if not it probably wont work but you can see what to do on the 12.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 November 2020, 12:49:39 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline GLEAM

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 18:49:46 »
Yeah I've got the 16led. The layout you attached worked perfectly with minor changes and adding my own layer 1. I've got the layout I want 100% now, haha! Thank you!! ;D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 23:21:54 »
:thumb:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline johntron25

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 08:09:21 »
Thanks! This saved my life. Note to self: don't buy PCB from ebay.

Offline CosminOance

• 'tis the season to be yourself
    • PixelDrama.club by Cosmin Oance
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 08:17:02 »
I got the same exact 16 led pcb from aliexpress (but it didn't say it was a dz60, it had the proper name).
I posted some pic of it being built on reddit and someone smirked with "yet another dz60"..somehow that remained in my head and when it came time to program it, I went through the same ordeal as you...only to realize that I had actually a totally different board.
It IS a good pcb, good finish, reliable so far. They're all mass produced pcb's, in the end.