Author Topic: Prebuilt Keyboard Recommendations  (Read 1208 times)

Offline mithian

Prebuilt Keyboard Recommendations
« on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 22:22:40 »
Hello,
I am in the market of getting a prebuilt board but I am having trouble chosing some. I want to get either a 60 percent or a 65 percent (it doesn't matter) and my budget is 150. If their is a board that is exceptionally better that is more expensive than that I would consider buying it. I was looking at the Leopold FC660M and it was looking great until I found out it had 6 key rollover. I play video games so I also want it to be decent for that so I don't think that will work. Does the FC660M still have this? What boards would you recommend? I forgot to mention this but I was linear switches and I want the board to sound really good.
Thank you for you help.

Offline funkmon

Re: Prebuilt Keyboard Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 00:14:18 »
6 key rollover is practically N-key. Go with the Leopold.

Offline jamster

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 00:15:05 »
Do you really hit more than 6 keys at a time when gaming? Spec sheet for the board you mention indicates "full key rollover" so not sure where the 6 is coming from.

Come to think of it, you've got five fingers on one hand. If the other controls a mouse, it's a bit hard to imagine having to hit six keys at once.

Sound is going to come 90% from the switches. Casing isn't going to have much of an effect.

There are probably dozens of linear boards in 60-65. If the Leopold has the switches you want, they have great build quality.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 June 2020, 00:18:00 by jamster »

Offline funkmon

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 00:20:55 »
Do you really hit more than 6 keys at a time when gaming? Spec sheet for the board you mention indicates "full key rollover" so not sure where the 6 is coming from.

Come to think of it, you've got five fingers on one hand. If the other controls a mouse, it's a bit hard to imagine having to hit six keys at once.

Sound is going to come 90% from the switches. Casing isn't going to have much of an effect.

There are probably dozens of linear boards in 60-65. If the Leopold has the switches you want, they have great build quality.

Hey, maybe he's polydactyl, and can reliably hit 7 keys at once, and is playing some kind of insane game where he must type Shift, C, Up, T, End, F5, AND mash Context Menu all at once!

No but seriously, 6 key rollover is for virtually all intents and purposes, unlimited.

Offline jamster

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 00:51:21 »

Hey, maybe he's polydactyl, and can reliably hit 7 keys at once, and is playing some kind of insane game where he must type Shift, C, Up, T, End, F5, AND mash Context Menu all at once!

No but seriously, 6 key rollover is for virtually all intents and purposes, unlimited.

That's my new word for the day.

I wish I hadn't googled it though.