Author Topic: Please help me I need some keyboard recommendations  (Read 936 times)

Offline Nekrono

Please help me I need some keyboard recommendations
« on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 17:19:40 »
Hi, I am new to the whole keyboard world, my only experience has been with my current Razer Black Widow (2014 model) and a Model M I had for a while, the Razer is giving me so many issues lately and I want to get a new board, for the past few months I've seen multiple keyboards to get a sense of what I want from my purchase and this is what I've come down so far:

Price: Around $150 but can go as high as $200.
Backlighting: Yes, RGB if possible.
Size: 96% preferable, can be full size also, keypad is a must.
Use: Gaming and Typing.
USB/ PS2: USB but would really like to be wireless also.
KRO: Yes
Macro keys: Doesn't matter.
Media keys: Preferred but not a requirement.
Layout (US/ ANSI, etc): US.
Switch type: Gateron Clear or Cherry MX Speed preferred but can do Gateron and Cherry Reds as well or any other switch that sounds good and is comparable.
Assembly: Pre-built but I don't mind buying the parts and building it myself as long as it helps me meet my requirements.

As far as the switches I'm still on the fence and discovering some but I think Gateron Clears and Reds are a safe bet so far, my main sought out feature I think would be wireless functionality and 96% layout, afterwards I think is a hotswappable keyboard, that would be great but honestly I don't mind putting in the work with soldering.

Currently the only one I've found that comes very close to fulfilling my requirements is the Keychron K4, I know I'm asking for a lot and there is a good chance that the keyboard with my specs doesn't even exist but hopefully someone can provide some suggestions because I really can't find much, I'm also kind of new to the enthusiast keyboard.