Author Topic: Project Partners  (Read 1338 times)

Offline TheMastermind

Project Partners
« on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 16:32:51 »
I'm a bit socially anxious and would like to develop some type of communication skills. Since I'm more of a technical person and like learning, I was thinking about making a project while learning to program with someone else. I don't have a lot of programming skills but I know a lot of terms. In the past I have used "Small Basic" and some "Javascript" back in high school.

In other words I would like to share ideas about possible programs to write (I'm not the most creative person :/ ) then learn with/ alongside someone or a group.
I'm thinking of starting with python simply because it seems very well rounded and there's a large community behind it.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Project Partners
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 19:23:01 »
I can't speak to the programming part, but you might consider a less intimidating user name, at least in the beginning.
“At the age of 35, after 6 years as a renunciant, he sat under a tree in Bodhgaya in North India and vowed not to get up until he had found the secret of our everlasting wandering from rebirth to rebirth. Sensing trouble, Mara, the demon of sense pleasures, sent a series of distractions his way, but the Buddha-to-be would not be stirred by such trivialities.
After 49 days, awakening came upon him. In one of the great moments in world history, he saw that all things are impermanent and ever changing. He saw how we suffer because we wish the world were otherwise. And through these insights he saw his suffering itself wander away. From that point forward he was the Buddha, which, like the term “Christ” is a title rather than a proper name.
For the next 45 years, the Buddha wandered the Indian subcontinent, turning the wheel of dharma and gathering monks and nuns into a crew of wandering beggars. Together they bore witness to what has been described as “History’s Most Dangerous Idea” – that  human beings can solve human problems on our own, without recourse to God or divine revelation.”
– Stephen Porthero 2010

Offline daniel_sz

• click-clack.cc
Re: Project Partners
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 09:55:45 »
I have a large, keyboard relayed project written in javascript. If you're interested, you can join, read the code and learn as we go.