Author Topic: BIN Blank Keyboard Stickers -- Any good  (Read 1920 times)

Offline mikeruth

BIN Blank Keyboard Stickers -- Any good
« on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 13:07:16 »
Mike R.

Offline glo

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 14:00:33 »
Why?
The worst thing you can do for keycaps is to apply stickers on them. The sticky part will eventually dissolve from the stickers and the fate of your keyboard will be very grim.

Offline nanu

• http://T-T.be/portal
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 15:22:27 »
Don't do it unless you have no regrets about not using the keyboard anymore. It's impossible to clean without something like goo gone, should you decide to ever remove them. Plus they do indeed get grimey at the edges.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 15:54:03 »

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 10 July 2010, 00:01:37 »
Quote from: nanu;201067
Don't do it unless you have no regrets about not using the keyboard anymore. It's impossible to clean without something like goo gone, should you decide to ever remove them. Plus they do indeed get grimey at the edges.

I actually had some key labels by latkey to stick on, and after I removed them there was no sticky residue. They were very good. I only removed them because I wanted to clean my keyboard, and, the labels tend to pick up finger oil.

The WORST that could happen with GOOD keyboard stickers is the glue removing some of the key label.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline aegrotatio

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 July 2010, 13:59:53 »
Goo-Gone is reasonably good at attacking adhesives but not plastics, but it depends on the composition of the plastic.  Test it on the inside of a keycap or another keyboard of the same make and model.
Daily Drivers: Ducky DK1087XM || DSI ASK-6600 || Rosewill RK-9000 BL, BR, BL, and RE || ABS M1 || Das Keyboard Silent || HHKB Lite and Lite 2 || DSI Big Font (kids love it)
Yearning for: Any ALPS keyboard || Any tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
Permanent collection: Poker Blue and Brown || Adesso MKB-125B || SIIG MiniTouch Geek Hack Space Saver || Chicony 5181 Monterey Blue || Chicony 5191 Clone Cherry Blues || Key Tronic 3600 || Unicomp Endurapro & SmarTrex || A crate of IBM Model M and Model M Space Saving boards || NeXTstation Slab || Amiga 3000 || BTC-5100C black and beige || SIIG MiniTouch Plus black and beige
Retired collection: SIIG MiniTouch Monterey Blue || Razer BlackWidow