Author Topic: White alps find  (Read 900 times)

Offline micalH

White alps find
« on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 17:01:47 »
Found these cool white alps keyboard in goodwill, put it for sale on eBay lol

How much do they worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Maledicted

Re: White alps find
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 18:04:35 »
I have seen those around. I haven't seen them sell for much of anything. I imagine they're just worth whatever someone happens to feel like paying, like all of the TG3 boards floating around. Maybe somebody would bother to harvest the switches if they were relatively early SKCM white Alps and could get the boards for $30 or less. If they're simplified Alps, I doubt anybody would care outside of maybe the novelty of having a ridiculous child's keyboard with a horrible layout to type on for laughs.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 18:07:45 »
I had one of those. I was patient and eventually sold it for about $35 to a guy who bought it for his grandmother with macualar degeneration. She was thrilled with it.

As I recall, the key caps are oversized with a 1" pitch instead of the usual 3/4"

I wondered whether something interesting could have been done with that.
Were our leaders just stupid? Well, maybe. But there’s a deeper explanation of the profoundly self-destructive behavior of Trump and his allies: They were all members of America’s cult of selfishness. You see, the modern US right is committed to the proposition that greed is good, that we’re all better off when individuals engage in the untrammeled pursuit of self-interest. In their vision, unrestricted profit maximization by businesses and unregulated consumer choice is the recipe for a good society.
Support for this proposition is, if anything, more emotional than intellectual. I’ve long been struck by the intensity of right-wing anger against relatively trivial regulations, like bans on phosphates in detergent and efficiency standards for light bulbs. It’s the principle of the thing: Many on the right are enraged at any suggestion that their actions should take other people’s welfare into account. This rage is sometimes portrayed as love of freedom. But people who insist on the right to pollute are notably unbothered by, say, federal agents tear-gassing peaceful protesters. What they call “freedom” is actually absence of responsibility.
Rational policy in a pandemic, however, is all about taking responsibility. The main reason you shouldn’t go to a bar and should wear a mask isn’t self-protection, although that’s part of it; the point is that congregating in noisy, crowded spaces or exhaling droplets into shared air puts others at risk. And that’s the kind of thing America’s right just hates, hates to hear. Anger at any suggestion of social responsibility also helps explain the looming fiscal catastrophe.  – Paul Krugman 2020-07-28 NYT

Offline micalH

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 18:32:40 »
Haha yeah I put it for sale for $35, don’t even care how much it would bring. If anyone offers I’ll probably just go with them. Came pretty cheap anyway XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk