Author Topic: What is creating this topre spacebar sound?  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Happymachine

What is creating this topre spacebar sound?
« on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 02:10:56 »
Hello!

I have two silenced 55g FC660Cs, one in white, one in black. The only differences between the two boards are that the white one was lubed a few years ago.

The spacebar on the white board has been recently started making 'clacking' noises. Here'shttps://youtu.be/Sd2EAmVwrZY a video showing the issue. Do you guys know what could be the problem? I've tried several different PBT spacebars and also took the board apart to check the stabilizers and sliders but all seems normal.

I've been using the white board for almost 5 years now and I've grown very close to it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2020, 02:15:29 by Happymachine »

Offline Riverman

Re: What is creating this topre spacebar sound?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 10:42:17 »
I've had a couple of my Topres make clacking sounds from the space bar, too.  The solution is to put something around the stabilizer so that the bottom of the keycap doesn't make contact with the stabilizer housing.  All you do is to cut a 1/2" square piece of some kind of thin soft material, like a piece of a paper towel, and cut a slit in it for the stabilizer to poke through.  Set it over the stabilizer so that the stabilizer post is sticking through the slit, put your keycap back on, and the clack should be gone.  I had to do this on a regular Realforce and a Type Heaven when I put PBT space bars on them, and also on an RGB when a Tai Hao PBT space bar clacked a little bit.