Author Topic: OmniKey 102 Northgate Computer Keyboard, one bid as of now at $49.99 + $15.45 (to me)  (Read 3489 times)

Offline TexasFlood

Anyone looking for a Northgate keyboard, might be a deal here, if it doesn't run up too much.
OmniKey 102 Northgate Computer Keyboard
Apologies in advance to anyone who was already watching this and hoping it didn't get posted.
But I figure if I don't someone else will anyway though.

Offline EverythingIBM

My wife bought about 10 years ago, but then switched to Mac, so has been in its original box on a shelf since then

EWWWwwwwww.

Switching to mac, that's like trading a pot of gold for a pile of goat diarrhea. It's baaaaaa'd.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline TexasFlood

Taking a second look at the picture, is that thing bowed/bent like the last Northgate?  Maybe.

Offline EverythingIBM

Quote from: TexasFlood;201804
Taking a second look at the picture, is that thing bowed/bent like the last Northgate?  Maybe.

It certainly is bowed in the image at the bottom -- but whether that image is representing the keyboard's actual structure, I do not know.

Offline didjamatic

No, that is barrel distortion from the camera lens, you can see the same bowing but slightly less extreme on the bottom edge of the monitor.  It's straight and just an FYI, these Northgates and many others would take a car driving over them to bend.  Their back plates are very thick steel.  That other warped board might not even be a Northgate and it's possible it was a plastic case/back plate even if it was.  This is a different board entirely.

Oh wait what am I doing!?  Yes it's horribly warped, don't anyone buy it, stay away at all costs please!  ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 July 2010, 23:07:41 by didjamatic »
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline TexasFlood

Quote from: didjamatic;201810
No, that is barrel distortion from the camera lens ... It's straight and just an FYI, these Northgates and many others would take a car driving over them to bend.  Their back plates are very thick steel. ... This is a different board entirely.

Oh wait what am I doing!?  Yes it's horribly warped, don't anyone buy it, stay away at all costs please!  ;)
That's more like it, the evil collector spirit appears! Muhahaha!!! :wink:
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 July 2010, 23:43:11 by TexasFlood »

Offline EverythingIBM

Quote from: didjamatic;201810
No, that is barrel distortion from the camera lens, you can see the same bowing but slightly less extreme on the bottom edge of the monitor.  It's straight and just an FYI, these Northgates and many others would take a car driving over them to bend.  Their back plates are very thick steel.  That other warped board might not even be a Northgate and it's possible it was a plastic case/back plate even if it was.  This is a different board entirely.

I don't see how you're trying to say "no" to what I said. If you read my post, I said YES IT IS BENT IN THE PHOTO, but not necessarily in real life.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
I'll just wait till somebody throws out their Northgate and get one then.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline didjamatic

Quote from: EverythingIBM;201821
I don't see how you're trying to say "no" to what I said. If you read my post, I said YES IT IS BENT IN THE PHOTO, but not necessarily in real life.

My reply was to the OP
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4