Author Topic: Northgate 101-S, ebay find? Yes Good thing? Maybe not...  (Read 1373 times)

Offline TexasFlood

Northgate 101-S, ebay find? Yes Good thing? Maybe not...
« on: Sun, 11 July 2010, 23:09:12 »
Warning, warning young Will!

A Northgate that isn't a Northgate, at least as I thought I knew them.
Actually I'm not a total bigot against non-mechanicals but was surprised to find one with the "Northgate" label selling for this much.  If I wanted a rubber dome, think I'd go with a $5 Key Tronic way before this, collectors item or not.
The 1992 vintage keyboard Northgate Omnikey 101S.  Who knew? Not me...

"Just when you thought that you knew everything about Northgate keyboards. Northgate 101-S. Very similar to the Northgate 101-N in it's all plastic construction. However, it does not have ALPS switches, but has a soft touch. Feels like a Northgate, but no click. The keyboard snaps together, no screws, so I've never opened it, just in case, not to break the plastic. Vintage is probably circa '90-'92. Northgate logo is standard Northgate blue shade. It  looks and works like new! NO yellowing or wear on key caps or top bezel, key caps are sharp and virtually like new! Rear plastic plate and back are almost perfect. Rear pads clean and almost new looking! Exterior of keyboard looks like new. Looks like it was made by another subcontractor that Northgate used. Different from the normal 101's, but a Northgate none the less. AT-XT dip switch on rear. It has a AT type connector cable end, cable is not detachable and INCLUDED AT NO XTRA CHARGE, a NEW  PS/2 adapter![/SIZE]"
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 July 2010, 23:38:52 by TexasFlood »

Offline EverythingIBM

Northgate 101-S, ebay find? Yes Good thing? No
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 July 2010, 23:48:00 »
One word: EWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

That thing is so overpriced, I'd rather buy monkey turds with goat piss and elephant puke, rather than waste money on an overpriced rubber dome.

You could get yourself an M13, an F AT or a terminal F.

Hurry, give webwit an email, I bet he doesn't have that one.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT