Author Topic: I am currently out of money because of this hobby!  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Primitive_Programmer

I am currently out of money because of this hobby!
« on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 11:08:46 »
I finally decided that it was time to join geekhack after being on r/mechanicalkeyboards and r/mechmarket for a while. I used the last bit of money that I had on the Sanctuary Rebirth keycap set. This hobby is a money pit, but I keep on coming back to it. It's like a bully that keeps on stealing your lunch money, now I'm just so used to it that I just give my money whenever they want. I love this hobby!

Offline jamster

Re: I am currently out of money because of this hobby!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 11:17:39 »
Welcome to GH. Let me link to one of the best threads on this entire site:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67980.0
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2020, 11:20:19 by jamster »

Offline Primitive_Programmer

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 11:38:19 »
I'm definitely slowing down. I've got some group buys slowly coming in so that will fill the void for a while. I do already have another build spec'd out, but everything can be bought at anytime since it's from KBD fans. So, I don't feel like I need to buy it before you can never get it ever again or pay a ridiculous amount of r/mechmarket.

Watching twitch streamers like HugoKeys build keyboards makes me feel like I don't need to build a keyboard either.

Offline hell0af

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 11:38:32 »
I'm already regretting not spreading out my spend for my first custom board over two or three months. My idiot self threw down for all the parts and the soldering equipment the day after payday. Live and learn, I guess.