Author Topic: Hello from another newbie  (Read 1228 times)

Offline BrickParade

Hello from another newbie
« on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 14:05:14 »
Hello All,

I'm pretty new to the world of mechanical keyboards but I've been lurking here for a bit and am typing this on my (recently completed) first build!

Getting into keyboards has also rekindled my interest in DIY audio but I'm very rusty. While I was waiting for keyboard parts I practiced my soldering on some audio kits and long term I'd like to build a big ol' rack of synthesizer modules, but I've still got lots to learn.

In the meantime I'm excited to talk keyboards with all of you, this seems like a great forum full of good people!

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
Re: Hello from another newbie
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 14:55:44 »
Welcome!

Congratulations on your first build, do you have any pictures to share? :)

I imagine DIY audio equipment is just as big of a wallet black hole as keyboards, so you have my sympathy, hehe.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline BrickParade

Re: Hello from another newbie
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 15:41:11 »
Welcome!

Congratulations on your first build, do you have any pictures to share? :)

I imagine DIY audio equipment is just as big of a wallet black hole as keyboards, so you have my sympathy, hehe.

247668-0

Thanks! It's nothing fancy: DZ60 in a cheap plastic case, with cheap gateron switches and cheap pbt caps. But it suits my needs and I put it together so I love it.

Audio is definitely an expensive hobby but mercifully, unlike keyboards, you can cut costs with a DIY approach. I've never been particularly interested in high-end, pristine sounding gear anyway, I just like making noise