Author Topic: Help with Teensy 2.0 Kicad  (Read 2018 times)

Offline candravamsa

Help with Teensy 2.0 Kicad
« on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 05:32:11 »
So new member status makes it pretty clear I am very nice to this. This is my first time using KiCad not to mention the technical side of electronics in general.
I have been mainly referencing KiCad projects for keyboards that I have found on Github. So I understand the schematics only up to a point. I've now reached that point that I am designing my own editing/transport controller for my DAW.

I've attached my schematic for my design however I keep getting these errors. Now, the parts of my schematics are a bit of an amalgamations of the keyboards that I have liked based on their schematics I've found so I assume they should work. Not confident enough to move onto the following stages leading up to spending money to have the PCBs made and wasting time and money. Would anyone be willing to look over my work and tell me what is working and what isn't?

247810-0
247812-1

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Help with Teensy 2.0 Kicad
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 06:25:46 »
The errors are clear and visible in the schematic - the two pins each for VCC and ground are connected.  If you have a Teensy in front of you check for continuity between those pins on it, wouldn't be surprised if they are connected and if they are connecting them again on your PCB wont change anything.

Not saying the rest is good (or that it's not) as I'm on mobile and the pic is too big/small!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline candravamsa

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 08:10:35 »
The ground pins on the Teensy are in the top left and bottom center.

It seems I'm really lacking in the fundamental logic in this. I have look at a lot of other schematics and almost all of them have all the grounds and VCCs connected. I've tested a couple of schematics for known keyboards with their Kicad schematics and they all have this same setup of connected VCCs and grounds. Is this something specific for Teensy?

The schematics I'm referring to are for the Hub16 https://github.com/joshajohnson/Hub16/blob/master/Hardware/0.5/Hub16.pdf and Plaid https://github.com/hsgw/plaid/blob/master/pcb/plaid.pdf

Edit: I see this as well in the Helix schematic.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 July 2020, 08:13:19 by candravamsa »

Offline candravamsa

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 16:53:38 »
So this was the remedy to the error message.

247881-0247881-1

I'm assuming since I have just one power source I won't need the additional GND and VCC? And the assumed voltage of the Teensy 2.0 is 5V there is no need for the AREF pin.

Is that correct?

Sorry everyone I am grasping at straws here.