Author Topic: [IC] Spectre Carrera - SIMPLEX™ Layout Modular Keyboard - First Check Ended  (Read 4799 times)

Offline The_Infidel_Studio

• The Infidel Studio Retail Shop(Under Construction)

THE INFIDEL STUDIO ━ SPECTRE CARRERA
"Welcome to the Revolution. The Hypercar-Inspired, Modular System Integrated Keyboard has arrived for you."

▶  1st Check : 7/27/2020 8:00AM(PT) ~  8/1/2020 8:00AM(PT)  ◀

Google Form | Render Shots

Hello! We are The Infidel Studio, A brand new company from Republic of Korea for developing innovative keyboards.
We are happy to introduce our newest keyboard that is engineered for providing ultimate development experience for designer and developers.

It's called 'Spectre Carrera', which is inspired from the design of hypercars such as 'Lamborghini Gallardo' and 'Porsche'.
'Spectre Carrera' supports attaching the peripherals that called 'Gadget', whose are designed for it to make your jobs easy and uncomplicated.

We hope you are satisfied with our next generation keyboard.

※ DISCLAIMER : THE CUSTOMERS WHOSE LIVE IN REP. OF KOREA, PLEASE READ IT BELOW ※

More

먼저 대한민국에서 이 제품을 구매하시길 원하시거나 구매 예정 중이신 고객분들께 사과의 말씀을 드립니다.

'디 인피델 스튜디오'는 현재 대한민국에서 운영되고 있으며, 대한민국 상법의 적용을 받습니다.
이에 따라 세금 및 운송 처리 방법과 관련하여 해외 공제와 국내 공제를 별도로 진행할려고 합니다.

본 수요조사는 해외 공제를 진행하기 위한 것으로, 국내 공제는 아직 홈페이지 구축 중에 있어 진행이 불가능합니다.
국내 고객분들께서는 2020년 4분기에 본사 홈페이지에서 있을 국내 공제에 참가하여 주시면 감사하겠습니다.

더 많은 정보는 본사 홈페이지 및 geekhack/Reddit Interest Check Thread를 참고하세요.

건강하시길 기원합니다. 감사합니다.

- In English -

First of all, We want to apologize for customers live in Republic of Korea that want to purchase or have the plan for purchasing this item.

'The Infidel Studio' is currently operating in Republic of Korea. And it's subject to the Commercial Law of Republic of Korea.
So for clearing the issues like tax and shipping processing methods, We will run the group buy separately as international and domestic.

This interest check is for running international group buy. And group buy for domestic can't be proceed because the website is still in under construction.
For domestic customers, We would appreciate it if you could participate in the domestic group buy that opens in Q4' 2020 on the website.

Check our website and the threads of geekhack and Reddit for more information.

Stay Tuned. Stay Safe.

- RENDERS -

Working with new environment. We admit the renders previous are really bad.
Will be updated after 1st check. Please wait with patience.

If you want to see previous renders, click here.

- LAYOUTS -

- KEY FEATURES -

1. 'Digital Rail Attachment System(DRAS)' for attaching the 'Gadgets', for providing ultimate development experience for designer and developers.

2. 'Go to Previous and Next Page Key' whose are inspired by Keyboard of IBM Thinkpad, For providing handy coding for programmers.
You can use these keys as 'Select Privious/Next Code Window' on IDE and Text Editors.

3. 'Navigation Clusters' are designated for using as 'Numpad'. ─ SIMPLEX™ LAYOUT

4. 'Polycarbonate' and 'Inner Brass Frame' for providing solid feeling. ─ Producted with 'Metal Overmolding Plastic Injection' for the first time of Keyboard History.

5. 'Multi Programmable Key Mapping Layer System' for providing various selection and fast accessing the customized keys.

6. 'Reverse and Standard Switch Mounting' are compatible for guaranteeing the merits of each mounting.

- SPECIFICATION -

■ Case Material : Polycarbonate

■ Production Method of Case : Metal Overmolding Plastic Injection

■ Angular of Case : ∽ 5º

■ Inner Frame Material : PVD Coated Brass

■ Layout : SIMPLEX™ Layout - 76 Keys[on ANSI, with Windows Key]

■ International Support : ANSI, ISO

■ Bottom Row Layout Support : Windows Key and Winkeyless

■ Universal Design for Plate : Will be decided on Interest Check

■ Plate Material : Will be decided on Interest Check

■ Mounting Method of Plate : Top Mounted

■ Weight Material : PVD Coated Brass, Stainless Steel

■ Total Weight : < 2kg(Will be updated on Group Buy)

■ PCB Controller : STM32(Maybe STM32F4 Series)

■ Mounting Method of Switch : Reverse and Standard

■ Connection Type : USB 3.0 Type-C

■ Compatiblity of Firmware : QMK and VIA are compatible
▶ But will provide custom firmware based by QMK for supporting 'Gadget'.

■ Software : TBA

- PRICE, VENDORS & COMPONENTS IN PACKAGE -

■  PRICE  ■

Don't worry, We think that the price of this keyboard would be less than $450 - because of Gadget.
We will lower the price according to quantities of order. and also the base price will be less than $450.

■  VENDORS  ■

TBA. According to the parts are made in Republic of Korea, We need to ship these to another continentals.
So, we are finding the vendors that can be connected with us on every situation at any times.

■  COMPONENTS IN PACKAGE  ■

It's TBA also. We are coordinating opinions in our team now. but will be announced shortly.

- FAQ -

More

1. Can you explain the name of your company?

Before explaining why we use our company name as 'The Infidel Studio', we need to explain dictionary meaning of the words that 'Infidel'.

- 'Infidel' [noun] : Someone who does not have the same religious beliefs as person speaking.

That means, We are advocating 'Religious Anarchism' on our business.

Literally, we need to keep ignoring our religious beliefs during working on the business for dealing with customers equally.
Also in historical perspective, Religions has kept be connected with politics.
And if this connection is to extend with business, The business cannot take care the customers more.
So, we think that we need to do not care about what religions the customers believe. And this thinking has became our faith.
And we used that name to set our faith keeping firm.

2. Then why you use 'Broken Inverted Cross' as your logo? Do you have bad feelings with christianity?

No, we use that logo for showing the religious irony and wanting to break that irony.
'Inverted Cross' was used as 'Cross of Saint Peter'. But today, that meaning has be degenerated as 'Cross of Satan' because of subculture of japan.
Also some of christians think like that. So we broke that cross, named as 'Infidel Cross' and used it for our logo.
And No, I(Founder of The Infidel Studio) have no religion now, but i had be a christian. and now i'm uninterested with religions.
But i think that the religious beliefs that people need to be guaranteed.
We have did some of talent donations to people whose in need or feel difficult with lack of technical information.
and the first donee was a church that placed on Daebudo Island, Ansan.
If we are against with christianity, we wouldn't had to do that donation.
And last, two of our team are christian now.

Overall, we just think that the customers must be important before religions and politics on our business.
And we think that the logo and name of our company make us keeping our faith firm.

3. Do you believe that you can achieve the color which you showed in render shots with polycarbonate? How?

Yes, with the master batch! Quality control may be more difficult, but we think that we endure this process for best quality.
And we need to mention about plastic injection process.
we will use 'Metal Frame Overmolding injection' process to integrate the metal frame into upper case for solid feeling.
'Overmolding injection' is a plastic injection process that cover the metal frame up with polymer.
so we didn't show the inner frame on render shots now because of moldflow.
And It's the first time of the history that applying the overmolding injection process with metal frame on the keyboard.(as we know)
So we are very excited that took a chance for applying our technology on the keyboard.
Also, The textures of plastic that you can usually feel are made by 'surface etching process' - yes, these are made artificially.
We haven't selected the texture for Spectre Carrera still, and we are talking about this with the factory.

4. VIA Compatibility?

Yes. QMK and VIA are compatible. but for controling modules named 'Gadget', we recommands using our software.
We will make the central configuration software based on QMK.
It will support easy reprogramming with 'JSON' like VIA Configurator, but also support reprogramming modules that you attached
and make shortcuts as macro keys on keymap for modules.
So, Stay tuned. we will provide a good news for this product.

6. What is the 'Gadget' and 'Digital Rail Attechment System'?

'Spectre Carrera' supports attaching the peripherals that called 'Gadget', whose are designed for it to make your jobs easy and uncomplicated.
Such as '4-Axis Controller for 3D-Modeling', 'Numpad', 'Multi-pairing Bluetooth Module', 'Slide Controller', etc...
And the module attachment system, named 'Digital Rail Attachment System(DRAS)', was inspired from '11mm Dovetail Rail'
- Yes, the rail attachment system of pistols or rifles.
The types of Gadget will be decided after serveral interest checks that separated with 'Spectre Carrera'.

- SIGNATURE -

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107760.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/lsKAp9al.png[/img][/url]

Will be updated with more information.

Stay Tuned, Stay Safe.

« Last Edit: Sat, 08 August 2020, 01:02:20 by The_Infidel_Studio »

YOUR FUTURE | FAITH | FATE - REINVENTED | RE-EXPERIENCE ─ Contact : support@theinfidelstudio.com

Updates of this thread :

[2020.07.29 21:41 KST] Add FAQ with Results on First Day of Interest Check.
[2020.08.02 00:11 KST] Update Layouts.
[2020.08.02 05:56 KST] Fix mistyping of 'Numpad Toggle Mode Layer' Image.
[2020.08.06 13:05 KST] Fix mistakes of 'Supported Layout' Image.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 August 2020, 23:05:53 by The_Infidel_Studio »

YOUR FUTURE | FAITH | FATE - REINVENTED | RE-EXPERIENCE ─ Contact : support@theinfidelstudio.com

Offline piercejenkins

Re: [IC]Spectre Carrera - SIMPLEX™ Layout Modular Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 10:54:40 »
Love this! Wanted 80% with option to use nav cluster as numpad!

Offline soran

• what have I done
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 11:07:04 »

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 07:50:13 »
Love this! Wanted 80% with option to use nav cluster as numpad!

TKL series are planned after this. Also SIMPLEX Layout was planned for using nav cluster as numpad.
We will update the keymapping layers as each scenario soon. Thank you for your interest.

First Interest Check was ended!

Coming Soon with new render shots. Thanks for participating!

Offline RexKorp

It's an interesting design but honestly, I think you'll find the infidel label and st peter's cross is a bit too "14 year old edgy goth kid" for most people. What you guys call yourselfs is whatever but to have it printed in such a prominent place on the case isn't the best idea. It being on the inside is alright, I guess. Not a fan of company logos as is but that especially goes for a logo that reads infidel (not sure if you are aware of its usages by extremists, especially these past years).

Tip: replace "The Infidel Studio" text on the back with "spectre carrera"

It's an interesting design but honestly, I think you'll find the infidel label and st peter's cross is a bit too "14 year old edgy goth kid" for most people. What you guys call yourselfs is whatever but to have it printed in such a prominent place on the case isn't the best idea. It being on the inside is alright, I guess. Not a fan of company logos as is but that especially goes for a logo that reads infidel (not sure if you are aware of its usages by extremists, especially these past years).

Tip: replace "The Infidel Studio" text on the back with "spectre carrera"

Thanks for telling a good idea to us. We will discuss about it.

Offline FLawLesS

• 【красава】
    • FLawLesS TaStE
Is the text on the brass weight inside the keyboards laser engraved? Interesting design, good luck (:

Offline iZac02

I am digging the design. the grill top side feels great. I just wish there was something similar or as exciting bottom side. You don't really ever look at the top of boards 99% of the time its just top plate and bottom

Offline ZavaZ86

RGB might give your pc more fps so will this keyboard make you faster in racing games  ;)
Jokes aside, this keyboard looks amazing and I really look forward to the future of it  :D

Is the text on the brass weight inside the keyboards laser engraved? Interesting design, good luck (:

We might use the laser engraving for the logos or just fill with black enamel after engraving with CNC on processing.
But serial number part will be used the laser engraving for controlling the quantities.

RGB might give your pc more fps so will this keyboard make you faster in racing games  ;)
Jokes aside, this keyboard looks amazing and I really look forward to the future of it  :D

Oh, We missed to write the details of LEDs on specifications. We will update it soon.
Anyway, Thanks for your interest. Please keep focus to us for further updates.

I am digging the design. the grill top side feels great. I just wish there was something similar or as exciting bottom side. You don't really ever look at the top of boards 99% of the time its just top plate and bottom

We are discussing about the updates of detailing. Such as adding some engraving on the bottom case, better processing methods about the logos, etc...
On the first interest check, We had checked about what logo will be used on the weight and bottom case. And we will add this question on 2nd check, with variety options.
So, Stay Tuned.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 August 2020, 16:05:49 by The_Infidel_Studio »

Offline Surefoot

Very interesting design, really liking the large bezels and the grilles..

Very interesting design, really liking the large bezels and the grilles..

Thanks for your interest. If second interest check opens, we will satisfy if you join the check.

Offline KMPLSV

hmmm, my honest opinion? at first glance, the design even down to the clashing font styles and phrases on the board, looks like an edgy religious/political movement collided with a cheesy porsche design aesthetic that didn't make the cut sometime in the late 90s.

hmmm, my honest opinion? at first glance, the design even down to the clashing font styles and phrases on the board, looks like an edgy religious/political movement collided with a cheesy porsche design aesthetic that didn't make the cut sometime in the late 90s.

Thanks for your interest. We will try to apply on next interest check.

The car influence says "Lamborghini Diablo" more than "McLaren P1" to me here... Does feel dated as others have said.

And yes, the word infidel has some troubling connotations, especially in the US.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The car influence says "Lamborghini Diablo" more than "McLaren P1" to me here... Does feel dated as others have said.

And yes, the word infidel has some troubling connotations, especially in the US.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks for your interest. The design of render shots is revision 3 that was based on front bumper design of Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4.

We are working on revision 4 now, with new design of front side of upper case and lower case, LED diffuser for backside, Hiding screw holes of bottom side, etc.....
Will be updated on next interest check.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 August 2020, 20:38:30 by The_Infidel_Studio »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Watching/lurking with interest.
I started typing on a Sinclair Spectrum 'human flesh' keyboard in 1980 and I never stopped.

More
Rig1 |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|RTX 2080Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Rig2 |i9-9900k@5GHz|16GB(3200)|STRIX1080Ti|EK Closed Water Loop|Z390-F|1TB 960 Pro|Dell AW3418DW
Rig3 |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU
Systems
More
IBM 3101, IBM 3276, IBM 5150, IBM ModelM, Dictaphone Dual Display, Cherry (all of them), Nixdorf, Siemens, Filco Majistouch, Rama M6-B, CA66, ClueBoard, VA69M, Rama U-80, VN66, BOCC, Rama M10-C, Rama M60-A LYN, CyberVoyager, Clarabelle, Elongate Mini 1800, Petrichor 1800, Maja, Think6.5v2, Bear, Cherry CB87
Keyboards

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
Why is the left Shift splitting (for true ISO layouts) not supported?

Also, is "Simplex" the intended name for the physical layout or for the particular logical layout laid on top of it?

Why is the left Shift splitting (for true ISO layouts) not supported?

Also, is "Simplex" the intended name for the physical layout or for the particular logical layout laid on top of it?

We missed 'Left Shift Splitting' on ISO Layout, will be fixed on next updates.
And "SIMPLEX" is the intended name for both because we want to stand out the advantages of its layout.
Thanks for fixing our mistakes.

Watching/lurking with interest.

Thanks for your interest. Please wait for new updates!

Updated with the signature!

Second Interest Check will be opened on next week. Stay Tuned.

Offline darthcapn

NICE!