Author Topic: Ducky keycaps: would they fit a Filco Majestouch?  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Bumrush

Ducky keycaps: would they fit a Filco Majestouch?
« on: Sun, 18 July 2010, 03:54:36 »
Gang,

I've been contemplating a purchase of the Ducky with the black laser-etched keycaps, but I'd prefer a tenkeyless model, which they have yet to release (rumor has it post-September).  I know that inpad.com.tw sells replacement sets of these very keycaps, and I thought I'd be clever and just install them onto a tenkeyless Majestouch, but I wanted to poll the experts to find out if this is even possible and, if so, worth the effort.  It's my understanding that both boards are very similar in construction and features, but I don't know if the similarities extend to the keycaps.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  Thanks!

Offline In Stereo!

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 July 2010, 04:52:34 »
AFAIK the keycaps should be perfectly exchangeable.

Offline spolia optima

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 18 July 2010, 14:22:37 »
Most, if not all MX style keycaps should be compatible.
keyboards!

Offline ironman31

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 18 July 2010, 18:46:37 »
They might not fit perfectly though. I recently purchased a POS cherry keyboard for it's double shots and the keys are low profile. So when I put them on my filco, the function keys were recessed into their holes. They also fit much looser than the stock filco keycaps, but only some. If I press the 2 key down from the side and quickly let go, the key flies completely off, but most other keys fit very snuggly.

The ducky seems like it would be a better fit though, since it is much more similar to the filco than the Point of sale cherry boards.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 19 July 2010, 13:23:39 »
The 1x1 caps should fit...
Other caps, especially the ones with stabilizers (ie. enter or spacebar) maybe not!

Offline Bumrush

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 July 2010, 14:07:39 »
Thanks for the insight, folks.  I'll take this into consideration if I decide to make a purchase.

Offline imsto

• * Vendor
    • imsto.cn
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 22 July 2010, 04:36:19 »
the answer is yes, perfectly.
been busy with the new ducky 1087.  I will post some pics later.
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop
IBM Model M*3, IBM M13,M5, IBM with balls.Cherry   3000  3494 3700 4100*6 700*2 11900 8113 DAS4 TG3 KBC PokerDucky09Ducky1087 apple pink alps Ducky bull,tiger,rabbit,dragon version No:0000002