Author Topic: Two bluetooth devices to one TV  (Read 3771 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Two bluetooth devices to one TV
« on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 03:37:24 »
Hey guys!
I would like to connect two BT devices to one TV to output audio simultaneously - one via soundbar one via headphones.
As my TV can only send audio to one BT device, I understand I would need some kind of extra equipment - this dual BT transmitter or something, is that right?
Ideal it would be something USB powered so I could plug all in tv.

Do you guys use anything like that and could recommend one?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline yui

Re: Two bluetooth devices to one TV
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 03:48:40 »
does your sound bar have an aux in or hdmi in? i seem to recal that there exist devices to extract the audio from hdmi and most tv have an headphone output either way, so you could maybe plug in that way else i do not know of any such device although a bluetooth dac on which you plug in 2 bluetooth transceiver could maybe do the trick? i am very new when it comes to wireless audio, big fan of good old cables.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline phinix

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 03:50:23 »
does your sound bar have an aux in or hdmi in? i seem to recal that there exist devices to extract the audio from hdmi and most tv have an headphone output either way, so you could maybe plug in that way else i do not know of any such device although a bluetooth dac on which you plug in 2 bluetooth transceiver could maybe do the trick? i am very new when it comes to wireless audio, big fan of good old cables.

I know but I want to use headphones on my couch, 3meters away from tv, when also having audio coming out of soundbar :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline yui

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 04:02:39 »
i was talking plugging the soundbar on the headphone output of the TV, it is a little hacky but it could be free and easy :) or it could not work at all
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline phinix

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 04:41:15 »
i was talking plugging the soundbar on the headphone output of the TV, it is a little hacky but it could be free and easy :) or it could not work at all

No, I don't want any cable hanging from tv, I have all built in wall etc