Author Topic: Glorious Holy Pandas  (Read 1206 times)

Offline phinix

• RIP typo...
Glorious Holy Pandas
« on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 05:17:52 »
Anyone ordered Glorious Holy Pandas?
First and last time you can do that, after first batch, they will be JUST Glorious Pandas :D

I wanted to try real Holy Pandas, but apparently there is huge issue around them nowadays.

I hope these will be similar experience.

Or I could just buy Halo True on Drop and swap stems, to have 100% real Holy Pandas. I understand this would be the proess?
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 September 2020, 05:19:58 by phinix »
9100 | 2070s | 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC | Sentry 1.1
Realforce R2 55g Novatouched+Deskeys #3 | CM QuickFire Rapid Frosty Flake MX Blacks | Model M | Logitech MX518 Legend | X52 PRO
SA: Carbon, Penumbra, 7bit's Round6, Amber Screen Cherry: OG caps XDA: Canvas MDA: Big Bone MT3: Serika

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::
star citizen :::  CMDR Phinix 325A LTI

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: Glorious Holy Pandas
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 07:40:33 »
Honestly just about all HP clones feel just the same as OG HPs. It's all about the Halo stem & a stiff leaf, the housings & molds they came from really don't have much to do with it TBH. Also I highly doubt Glorious found the original molds as first supposed they were lost, then found but broken, then supposedly Drop got them & retooled them to make their HPs, now all of the sudden Glorious has them & supposedly there was nothing wrong with them.....  Personally I think it's all BS about the molds & each of them made their own, cause like I said before the housing molds really do not matter to HPs. That said the Glorious versions should feel very similar to OG HPs with their stems & Halo stems. They might not have the rain drop bottom out that using Halo stems gives with the stock stems, but feel wise I don't see them being any different than any other HP as long as Glorious uses stiff leaves in them.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 September 2020, 07:42:16 by Rob27shred »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • The sun god and destroyer of worlds
    • My promotion link
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 09:53:45 »
I mean just ANY good feeling switch i would pick up if it didn't have shipping fees

Offline treeleaf64

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 13:39:49 »
Will be more or less the same ~   ~

Offline SpinningHook

• "Tucker and Pierre can find their own goulash."
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 14:28:29 »
I was initially resisting the impulse to purchase them, since I already have plenty of NK Blueberries and Drop HP r2s, but I decided to get two packs so that I could compare them with the other two.

Plus, because of the name fiasco, those boxes for the inital round are going to be worth billions and trillions, some day (irrefutable science fact).

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 16:12:25 »
What I'd like to see is some innovation with Holy Pandas, like a silencing dampener on the stem like Zilents. I have to imagine this would be really popular.

Offline phinix

• RIP typo...
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 16:51:26 »
Sweet, I ordered 3 packs for myself.

Maybe those boxes will be worth loads in a while, being only one batch released with this name.
9100 | 2070s | 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC | Sentry 1.1
Realforce R2 55g Novatouched+Deskeys #3 | CM QuickFire Rapid Frosty Flake MX Blacks | Model M | Logitech MX518 Legend | X52 PRO
SA: Carbon, Penumbra, 7bit's Round6, Amber Screen Cherry: OG caps XDA: Canvas MDA: Big Bone MT3: Serika

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline treeleaf64

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 16:15:25 »
What I'd like to see is some innovation with Holy Pandas, like a silencing dampener on the stem like Zilents. I have to imagine this would be really popular.

Yes but then the travel would be decreased even more , plus where would the dampeners be?  ?

Offline phinix

• RIP typo...
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 16:52:41 »
Would you guys use film on these?
I never used films, dont know what they would do...

Offline treeleaf64

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 21:15:05 »
you have to see the top housing wobble
'
If there's no wobble then no point

To quote Mr. Black Simon who is not my friend

Films are used for a problem and if there is no problem then they should not be used

Offline phinix

• RIP typo...
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 02:34:43 »
you have to see the top housing wobble
'
If there's no wobble then no point

To quote Mr. Black Simon who is not my friend

Films are used for a problem and if there is no problem then they should not be used

Thanks, that helps, I'll how they wobble when receive it and make decision then.