Author Topic: Ordered a Moonlander, figured that means I belong here  (Read 1291 times)

Offline tovotovo

Ordered a Moonlander, figured that means I belong here
« on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 12:03:40 »
Hello fellow money spenders,

Started with a 6Gv2 with Cherry MX Black a few years ago, moved on to a CM Masterkeys Pro L with Cherry MX Browns when the 6Gv2 started to go, needed something smaller so I bought a DK66 with lubed Gateron Optical Blacks (feels like heaven) earlier this year.

Now thanks to my workplace's covid-19 home office reimbursement program, I pulled the trigger on a Moonlander with Kailh BOX Whites. The reimbursement is only 350 CAD so it was still 200 bucks out of pocket  :))

If anyone has suggestions on buying keycaps for such a nonstandard board, I'm all ears. Not too concerned about matching the triangle cap, but would be nice the have options for the main segment of the keeb. Hoping that eventually custom sets for the Moonlander will come out like the sets out there for the Ergodox.

Offline xwind

Re: Ordered a Moonlander, figured that means I belong here
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 12:43:27 »
Kailh Box Whites tactility is amazing. The drawback is that the actuation point comes BEFORE the click, not a problem for many people though (myself not included).

As for the caps, give a try to spherical keycaps, I find them superior to the cylindrical.