Author Topic: [IC] GMK Stealth | Revision 2  (Read 48476 times)

Offline WetRacoon

Re: [IC] GMK Stealth | Revision 2
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 14:09:02 »
Any chance of a proper 40s kit?  Really want to put this on the whimsy, but it doesn't look like it has the 1.25 enter.  The only other 1.25 is the tab which would be used, and the shift is R4, not R3.  No 1.5 shift, but I could always use one of the other keys for that (like the control or stealth key).

What are the chances of a full 40s kit? :P

Offline JoltFX

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 19:21:30 »
Any chance of a proper 40s kit?  Really want to put this on the whimsy, but it doesn't look like it has the 1.25 enter.  The only other 1.25 is the tab which would be used, and the shift is R4, not R3.  No 1.5 shift, but I could always use one of the other keys for that (like the control or stealth key).

Would be interested in a 40s as well

“𝙁𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙮 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙙𝙞𝙢.”

Offline aiwa501

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 22:05:54 »
Blackout Base Kit and I'm in.

Offline Assthetic

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 22:06:34 »

Amen, brother. I'd be all over this.

Offline Xaiful

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 01:23:21 »
I'm all in for Base and Novelties, as well as both RAMAs and all deskmats!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 04:53:15 »

There is going to be one more kitting update before the GB. You guys will be happy with the updated 40s kit — the Shift has been fixed, and there is a 1.25u Enter. As a prospective Whimsy owner myself, I also appreciate this addition. :)

Offline Sun

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 15:48:46 »

Amen, brother. I'd be all over this.

Same. I am 40% in the way it is right now because of how much more it would be to buy the Blackout alphas. If Blackout Base, then I'm 100% in.

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 19:31:46 »
I actually tend to agree. I really only like this kit for the blacked out alphas - it would be cool if we could avoid having to buy the grayed out alphas - like a TKL extension set with both alpha groups separate?

Offline mozaic

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 21:24:47 »
Any chance for the icon mods to have centered icons, instead of on the top left? Similar to GMK 9009 R3

Offline eyeon

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 22:20:06 »
Any chance for the icon mods to have centered icons, instead of on the top left? Similar to GMK 9009 R3

That's how the kit originally was in the first iteration and it got changed presumably based on comments earlier in the thread, so I doubt it would change back now.

Offline eyeon

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 22:36:13 »
I think this kit absolutely needs mods and alphas to be a different color, if the base was all blacked out (and it became essentially just a gray on black set) i would be out on this set.
The kitting is much better than it was earlier especially like the 1.5U super/stealth keys in the base kit, only other addition I could think of are these two:

1. maybe a 1.5U R4 function key somewhere in the kit.
2. given the icon only control has such a small icon have a stepped icon control option.

Offline Sun

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 00:37:56 »
I don't think anyone suggested the original grey alphas be removed.

It would just be more affordable if there was a full Blackout base kit available as well for those only interested in the all black look.

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 06:35:49 »

Do you want Emir to come in here screaming? Because he will come in here screaming. Also: Please keep the classic modifiers and complete the 40s kit. Thank you. :)

Offline WetRacoon

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 16:43:38 »

There is going to be one more kitting update before the GB. You guys will be happy with the updated 40s kit — the Shift has been fixed, and there is a 1.25u Enter. As a prospective Whimsy owner myself, I also appreciate this addition. :)

Well this is awesome news then.  100% in.

Offline zxer

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 04:27:48 »
Will ISO be added back for blackout.
Is it worth doing a poll to see if enough folks want a full blackout base kit?

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 13:30:13 »
I think this kit absolutely needs mods and alphas to be a different color, if the base was all blacked out (and it became essentially just a gray on black set) i would be out on this set.
The kitting is much better than it was earlier especially like the 1.5U super/stealth keys in the base kit, only other addition I could think of are these two:

2. given the icon only control has such a small icon have a stepped icon control option.

This is just preference. I feel the exact opposite - I am only interested in a blackout kit. That's why I think it would be best to have an independent TKL Mods kit and sell the two different alpha sets separate, as SO many other keysets have done recently.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 15:22:42 »

This is just preference. I feel the exact opposite - I am only interested in a blackout kit. That's why I think it would be best to have an independent TKL Mods kit and sell the two different alpha sets separate, as SO many other keysets have done recently.

I don't think GMK does kits like that.

It's only like that for KAT, KAM or JTK sets (and whatever other profiles there are now).
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 November 2020, 15:25:07 by elmo »

Offline Freeaboo

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 18:25:08 »

I don't think GMK does kits like that.

It's only like that for KAT, KAM or JTK sets (and whatever other profiles there are now).
In theory GMK will make any kitting you throw at them, but in practice having alphas separate from mods is really impractical with the way GMK's pricing is set up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Caspid

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 02:01:05 »
Only interested in the blackout kit as well; would rather avoid having to buy the gray alphas.

Offline jlndk

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:57:08 »
I made an account just to +1 this.

Especially to express my support for the NORDEUK kit

Offline jonnybueno

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 21:39:32 »
Also registered to share feedback... Please make a standalone blackout kit.

Offline mrvco

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 22:49:00 »
I really like the base kit w/ the black mods and anthracite alphas, but I'd have to add the Blackout kit to get the ESC and Return keys sans orange (that's a big spend for two keys).  I'd rather spend that money on one of the Rama artisans, but then I'd still have the orange accented Return key.  I'll be looking forward to seeing the updated kitting.

Offline paulforgione

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 14:55:41 »
Just voicing support for the base kit to be blackout or for a way to opt out of the grey alphas.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 01:37:35 »
Pretty excited for this set if you can make this kits more.. normal.