Author Topic: [IC] The Kora Series Deskmats | Round 1  (Read 2525 times)

Offline wylify

• Follow me on IG!
[IC] The Kora Series Deskmats | Round 1
« on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 15:30:47 »

TL;DR: Deskmat Interest Check by KORABRAND.XYZ

• original design - Japan-inspired
  • 900 x 400 x 3 mm
  • stitched border
  • rubber non-slip bottom

Hello, good peeps of geekhack!

I would like to present to you a new series of designs for deskmats which could (hopefully) be available for purchase before December 2020.

Just a quick introduction to start, my name is Filip (u/thisiswylify) and over the last year or so, I have become obsessed with the mechanical keyboards community. I love to create new designs and had an idea for a series of simple, yet stylish deskmats.
While the designs vary quite a lot, the majority of inspiration came from old-school graphic design, still visible on many of the buildings in Japan, in combination with natural shapes and the concept of harmony. At the same time, I poured a lot of my style into these designs, which can be seen in the choice of colorways and the simplicity of individual elements. Would love to hear your opinion on the matter and hope to get these designs to the hands of as many of you as possible.
I would be very grateful to you for filling in the IC form and hope that there will be enough interest to make these deskmats a reality!

#01 I am Flow

#02 I am Forever

#03 I am Kohlrabi

#04 I am Kohlrabi (mute)

#05 I am Progress

The goal of the first round of IC is to find the most popular designs and tweak them a bit. The second round will focus on the alternative colorways and last-minute adjustments. Only the more popular designs will get made in the first run. Depending on the interest and MOQs agreed upon with the manufacturer.

In case you fill in your email address (non-mandatory) in the IC form, you will be updated on the progress of the product development. At the same time, you can follow the updates on Instagram with more new channels to come. Thank you all so much!

Offline cannon-cat

Re: [IC] The Kora Series Deskmats | Round 1
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 15:38:54 »
I am interested  ;)

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 15:49:23 »
Nice for weeb.  But not for me. Thanks!
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline kumori

• polartype
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 20:12:31 »
nice but why include the japanese? does it have meaning towards the design?
lots of people would rather have it simple... the designs in itself are a+
just some tips, a lot of people like minimal designs without any text

Offline wylify

• Follow me on IG!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 05:45:37 »
Nice for weeb.  But not for me. Thanks!

Haha, yeah the work in progress name was the weeb series of deskmats :D Considering making versions without lettering, maybe in different colorways.

nice but why include the japanese? does it have meaning towards the design?
lots of people would rather have it simple... the designs in itself are a+
just some tips, a lot of people like minimal designs without any text

Personally, I really enjoy the JP aesthetic and get a lot of inspiration from it, that's why I wanted to create designs which tribute and show appreciation of the culture and style. However, the next design updates could feature more "mute" versions without any lettering. On the other side, I kinda like the fact that you can hide the words with you kb depending on how you position it and have a little surprise underneath. Thank you for you feedback! :)

I am interested  ;)

Very happy to hear that, will keep you posted on the updates! :)

Offline gilbert

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 08:24:16 »
more 3mm deskmats are exactly what this community needs
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD