Author Topic: Lost my QMK config file - can I pull it from the board itself?  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Ludovician

Lost my QMK config file - can I pull it from the board itself?
« on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 19:39:56 »
Years ago I set up a layout that has always worked well for me, except today I accidentally hit whatever keybind I set to swap ctrl+caps and I don't know how to swap it back - the original file used to program the board is lost. Can the QMK software export the config to a file at all?

Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if relevant, the board is a DZ60 PCB (atmega32u4?)

Edit2: I've resolved the short term issue with an EEPROM reset. If possible I'd still like a way to retrieve the config.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 October 2020, 01:49:51 by Ludovician »
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: Lost my QMK config file - can I pull it from the board itself?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 08:00:53 »
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to pull the file from the board itself - I would think it would work both ways so one can mod a current flash on a board (only thing I have to relate this to is flashing a car's ECM/ECU)

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline yui

Re: Lost my QMK config file - can I pull it from the board itself?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 09:10:51 »
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to pull the file from the board itself - I would think it would work both ways so one can mod a current flash on a board (only thing I have to relate this to is flashing a car's ECM/ECU)
if i remember correctly in QMK the map is compiled into the firmware, if it is the case then the answer is yes you can but will be quite complicated, as you would need to dump the firmware off your chip and either use an hex editor or a decompiler to find your table back. although if there is someone who knows something about TMK and so QMK it would be hasu (creator of TMK)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)